ADVERTISEMENT

How Might Withers and Trimble Compare with UNC's Best Ever Reserves?

Sponsored by: @Andy MyPerfectFranchise.Net**

*Hate your job?

*Hate your boss?

*Ready to take control of your career?

Call Andy Luedecke to learn more. Consultation is FREE, and he can help you find your perfect franchise. He did it for himself. Dumpster & porta potties are two of his franchises, and so many different things can be yours.

Find Your Perfect Franchise at MyPerfectFranchise.Net. Contact Andy Luedecke anytime at aluedecke@myperfectfranchise.net or (404) 973-9901.

Good grief. Withers is grossly overrated. I have no confidence that he is going to be anything more than average. I wish I did because we desperately need him to be.

I can see a combo of Seth and JWit being one of our best bench combos. Marv and DG are definitely up there though! I think JWit will start but if not, I expect he will see a significant amount of time at 4! Who starts if JWit doesn't? Seth could be one of our best 6th men by himself!

That makes sense. For some reason I always remember him as the sixth man coming off the bench. And as the guy who would get the arena fired up during Jump Around

Same here, but he started that year only because Marcus missed the season. Danny was a really good sixth man as a freshman. Such a solid all-around player.

Good grief. Withers is grossly overrated. I have no confidence that he is going to be anything more than average. I wish I did because we desperately need him to be.
Overrated in the conversation as best reserve ever at UNC yes, but Withers is a special athlete.

I think of it this way, what do we look like without Withers? Ummm.. IDK

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
I always thought 6th man meant specifically the top bench player. Like Kukoc for the '96-'98 Bulls championships. Or Marvin Williams in '05.
It does but it doesn’t have to be in minutes played. Most minutes off the bench sometimes is for the guys who always fouls and people you are protecting. And in his freshman year he was better than the “6th” man in minutes, which was Ginyard.

Last edited:
JWit to me is an enigma, kid has raw talent literally dripping off of him, his problem is between his ears. His jump shooting form is not awful, would seem to defy the fact that he was not an efficient shooter. He began last season and it looked to me that he was really more focused to proving he deserved to be a starter, rather than meshing his game into the teams. He forced things that just were not there, Caleb, he rushed everything rather than take his time, again Caleb?

Example, I watched Ingram last season jump shooting, he was flirting at 50% from 3 for a large part of the season. But Ingram's jump shot was a modified set shot, started out low, low release point, and slow release on it, he took his time with it, didn't rush. Withers to me had much better shooting form but Ingram specialized in taking good shots, open jumpers from distance, nothing rushed and Withers seemed to rush everything. Withers did seem to slow down as the season progressed and his play was noticeable better but you could still count on a couple of real bone headed decisions a game and that they were going to hurt us when they happened. So I lost a lot of trust in him and that is still my view.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT