ADVERTISEMENT

I have a question

Bigwood69

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 4, 2002
I've been a fan of UNC Football since the late 80s. So I've watched quite a bit of TarHeel Football.

I don't understand what it is regarding coaching, the environment whatever. Why regardless of the staff we only develop the same positions. Over the last 25 years we have the same 3 position groups flourish and the rest not even close.

QB, Receiver (Wide Outs, and TEs), RB. Outside of those 3 groups I can't think of a single player in the last 25 years who was career or even Season noteworthy.

We have had 5 star and high 4 star commits come in on the D-Line, O-Line, DBs and LBs and all have mediocre to underperformed careers at UNC and this is regardless of coaching staff.

If it wasn't for some pretty Good College QBs and I say College because none of them went on to the NFL and starred, We shall see about Maye. Some Beast Receivers and Running Backs.....UNC Football would not have even been a topic of conversation the last 25 years.

Why can't we capitalize on the recruits we get when we get them we have 4 or 5 years in a row Top 25 recruit rankings as far as commits and still struggle against FCS and FBS teams that field not one Top 100 recruit. It's mind boggling. It's like we are cursed!!!!

Reactions: heelpharm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.