ADVERTISEMENT

I like the big fella Huffman game.

Poor man Patrick Ewing "without" an offensive game.

There's a world of difference to be seen as these "kids" develop and adjust to their bodies. Right now they are, for the most part, looking awkward with a lack of good footwork and body control but as they develop that will certainly lessen and probably fairly quickly. A very positive side is that they already have the weight and they mostly need to work on their coordination and conditioning. I am very pleased with all the bigs .. all things considered. You take these game films now and look at the same players in February and you may well not recognize the player without the number. jmho GTTBATH

I agree with Smooth here. He has the work ethic, attitude, size, and athleticism to become really special. He also chose the perfect coaching staff to develop his potential. I say the odds are in his favor that he will become a first round pick! With a little luck he could definitely make the lottery.

Keep on believing Smooth!

Have said it before, the kid reminds me of Alex Stephson, actually IMO a upgrade of Alex. Both were advanced physically coming to college but very raw skill wise. I do think Huff has a couple of advantages over Alex, his motor tends to run hotter and he is much better from the free throw line. Always hated that Alex transferred back to cali, felt he could have become much better had he stayed with Roy and staff. As it was he got a cup of coffee in the NBA, I felt he could have had a decent little NBA run had he spent his 4yrs with us in the way we develop our big men. That is how I see Huff, able to have a decent lil NBA run if he works hard but not a star.

I agree with Smooth here. He has the work ethic, attitude, size, and athleticism to become really special. He also chose the perfect coaching staff to develop his potential. I say the odds are in his favor that he will become a first round pick! With a little luck he could definitely make the lottery.
Keep on believing Smooth!

It's early, very early but he already has those things mentioned that RW doesn't have to teach. They will go a longggggg way in his development.

I'm very excited about this young man and the other bigs as well.

Have said it before, the kid reminds me of Alex Stephson, actually IMO a upgrade of Alex.

Always hated that Alex transferred back to cali, felt he could have become much better had he stayed with Roy and staff.
As it was he got a cup of coffee in the NBA, I felt he could have had a decent little NBA run had he spent his 4yrs with us in the way we develop our big men. That is how I see Huff, able to have a decent lil NBA run if he works hard but not a star.
I couldn't agree more, and great comparison. I bet RW saw some Alex in Huffman as well.

I hated to see big Alex leave as well. He just happened to be behind a deep front court. He would be a great addition to our team right now.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT