ADVERTISEMENT

I made slow-cooker chicken gizzards with rice for supper....

200.gif

Reactions: bluetoe
I’m grilling chicken livers tonight. There’ll be plenty for me as no one else will touch them
I love fried chicken livers so I'd probably like them grilled, but it seems like they'd fall through the grate. You wouldn't be pulling my leg now would you?

I love fried chicken livers so I'd probably like them grilled, but it seems like they'd fall through the grate. You wouldn't be pulling my leg now would you?
Just stick with your slow cooker, Boy Blunder. It sounds like the simple geometry of a grill grate is a bit too complex for your chicken-fried brain.

Just stick with your slow cooker, Boy Blunder. It sounds like the simple geometry of a grill grate is a bit too complex for your chicken-fried brain.
I'll try to understand the complexity of a grill grate while you keep trying to understand humor. Pretty sure I'll get there first.

Reactions: Archer2
I'll try to understand the complexity of a grill grate while you keep trying to understand humor. Pretty sure I'll get there first.
Hey, chef pyro, a 100-pack of 12" wooden grilling skewers from Walmart costs less than a dollar. You're welcome for the obvious tip.

Hey, chef pyro, a 100-pack of 12" wooden grilling skewers from Walmart costs less than a dollar. You're welcome for the obvious tip.

thank you for trying to point out my ignorance of grill grates while you demonstrate exactly that and make me right in the process. Gawd you're such a try-too-hard putz

Lol I put them on tin foil with holes poked in
can you expand on this a little? Do you put anything on them or under them? I heard you could take those 12" wooden grilling skewers and grill them that way. I guess you build a little platform with them to put the livers on so that they don't fall through the grate. I don't know about that, the foil seems easier.

can you expand on this a little? Do you put anything on them or under them? I heard you could take those 12" wooden grilling skewers and grill them that way. I guess you build a little platform with them to put the livers on so that they don't fall through the grate. I don't know about that, the foil seems easier.
I fold over heavy duty foil and it’s sturdy enough. I’ve never tried skewers. I spray non stick on the foil too

I fold over heavy duty foil and it’s sturdy enough. I’ve never tried skewers. I spray non stick on the foil too
sorry, what I actually meant was do you put seasonings, etc., on them or oil or something under them. The skewer thing was just me baiting a hook for you know who.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
LOL, if ya eating gizzards for dinner then I am glad I am not eating with ya! But you give me a heaping pile of chicken livers, I am there till the plate is cleaned and looking for more! Joy to you folks that love gizzards, my mouth will NEVER try to eat another gizzard, hey, that just means more for you!

Now if you love chicken livers, give you a hint, let them sit in milk for at least 15mins before you bread them, it takes that bitter taste away. I have had folks tell me to try to soak them in butter milk rather than regular milk, never tried it but would love to.

I have never considered grilling livers, sounds interesting, may have to try that.

LOL, if ya eating gizzards for dinner then I am glad I am not eating with ya! But you give me a heaping pile of chicken livers, I am there till the plate is cleaned and looking for more! Joy to you folks that love gizzards, my mouth will NEVER try to eat another gizzard, hey, that just means more for you!

Now if you love chicken livers, give you a hint, let them sit in milk for at least 15mins before you bread them, it takes that bitter taste away. I have had folks tell me to try to soak them in butter milk rather than regular milk, never tried it but would love to.

I have never considered grilling livers, sounds interesting, may have to try that.
lol, SMDH at someone turning his nose up at gizzards but scarfing on some livers. A gizzard is nothing but meat, a little bowtie of muscle and some tough connective stuff that tenderizes when cooked just right. I think of gizzards (and livers) as health food. I love both equally well but there are many ways to enjoy gizzards and only several for livers, and those tend to be messy.

Grilling livers might be OK but probably I'll stick to fried or sauteed.

Reactions: DSouthr
Love fried chicken livers. Try wrapping them in bacon and baking them in the oven. When bacon is crispy, they’re done. Great with a bit of soy/hot sauce. BTW, soaking in milk/buttermilk does make them even better. Used to make as an appetizer and even non-liver eaters loved them.

Reactions: bluetoe and prlyles
Love fried chicken livers. Try wrapping them in bacon and baking them in the oven. When bacon is crispy, they’re done. Great with a bit of soy/hot sauce. BTW, soaking in milk/buttermilk does make them even better. Used to make as an appetizer and even non-liver eaters loved them.
this is one I'll try for sure. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT