ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine no Malaria

Louigi

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Hello OOTB,

My church is doing a campaign to help wipe out Malaria in Sub Sahara Africa. Imagine NO Malaria

Anyway, I would not normally bring solicitations for non-profit funding here, but there is a UNC catch.

My Pator is a huge FSU fan because he went to undergrad there, but he went to Duke Divinity school so he is also a big Duke fan and bought up that fact that Duke beat UNC yesterday in his Sermon today.

The church (First United Methodist of Ormond Beach) is doing a March Madness funding campaign for this Malaria project. Donors can donate and designate ANY basketball team (high school and college). The team with the most $ wins. The NBA is also involved and the use of NETS is is a play on basketball and mosquito nets.

The Duke Fan, Pastor has agreed to wear the jersey of the winning team on the Sunday after Easter Sunday during his sermon.

He thinks all the Gator fans will make him wear a Gator jersey or Seabreeze High School, which would be funny. Although, I would LOVE to make him wear a UNC jersey.

If one is so inclined to give and help for the UNC Jersey, the gift MUST be made through the local Church and NOT the Imagine No Malaria website. Make online gifts here: Church giving site

One must create a profile, then make a gift by putting amount in Imagine No Malaria box and they MUST designate UNC in the note Section.

The Church is Section 501c(3) and all gifts are tax deductible (consult your tax adviser) and go 100% to the Malaria cause.

If he ends up wearing the UNC Jersey I will post pics and maybe video here.....

Either way the funds go to a good cause.

Also, feel free to share links with others.
This post was edited on 3/8 12:33 PM by Louigi

online giving Imagine no Malaria

Hey Louigi, thanks for bumping this.

Are you able to see real time stats on the results? How is UNC doing?

Unfortunately it looks like I owe Uncle Sam a decent chunk of dough for the loan I gave him last year. I can't do as much as I'd like, but when I get home tonight I'll create a profile and send a little something your way. Great cause and I hope you guys have a successful campaign. Good luck and Go Heels!

Thanks RH!
The March madness campaign ended on Easter Sunday and the Pastor had to wear the winning jersey today. It was Florida. FSU was #2. UNC was in top 10. He hated wearing the Tebow jersey as he is a FSU grad. They did a video today and should post this week.

The campaign raised over $38,000! We are competing with another church and they are at $42,000.

The Mayor is Ed Kelley and he is a member of the church and I am sure had something to do with getting his son's video above.

The Malaria campaign is running until the end of the year at the Church and it is a cause I strongly support since it basically saves small children in sub Sahara Africa. Folks there do not even name their kids until 5 since the death rate is so high. Since we can't use DDT anymore, this cause is probably the next best thing.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 4/12 2:27 PM by Louigi

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT