ADVERTISEMENT

In What Olympic Event Would You Have the Best Chance at Not Finishing Last?

I watched less than a total hour of the Olympics. When I was a kid, it was the biggest thing around. Everyone watched. Kind of sad how the Olympics have become somewhat irrelevant.

I watched less than a total hour of the Olympics. When I was a kid, it was the biggest thing around. Everyone watched. Kind of sad how the Olympics have become somewhat irrelevant.
yeah it is. Like most things, it's become somewhat of a dog and pony show. For someone like me who used to stay up late at night to watch even obscure (but pure) sports stuff, sports in general isn't nearly as compelling as it used to be. Case in point; beach volleyball. I was onto beach volleyball before anyone here I would bet. That's one of the things I would stay up late to watch those many years ago. And with descriptions I've seen here, I hate to have not seen the obvious attraction. But beach volleyball in the Olympics? Give me a fvcking break.

I know I missed a lot of good stuff by not watching the Olympics, but I missed a lot of nonsense as well. That's what they make highlights for.

I find the swimming and some of the t&f to still be exciting and fun to watch. Overall I like winter better anyway. Nothing to me is as exciting as the downhill. Throw in bobsledding and ski jumping

I find the swimming and some of the t&f to still be exciting and fun to watch. Overall I like winter better anyway. Nothing to me is as exciting as the downhill. Throw in bobsledding and ski jumping
don't forget curling. I love curling. Dull as F but I love it. Probably won't be long they'll have beach break dance curling to spice things up a little.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Same here. I didn't even watch the events I'd normally watch, like the track and field. I think the fact they are adding some "non-traditional" events has diluted it for me. It's getting more like the Senior games. Next they'll have bocce, putt-putt, and croquet.

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe
Same here. I didn't even watch the events I'd normally watch, like the track and field. I think the fact they are adding some "non-traditional" events has diluted it for me. It's getting more like the Senior games. Next they'll have bocce, putt-putt, and croquet.

I love some damn bocce. But I much prefer beach bocce to a bocce court (lame!).

I watched some T&F and swimming. Also had to watch some gymnastics because of the wife. It's nice to have it available to stream because of the time difference.

Reactions: pooponduke
I watched some T&F and swimming. Also had to watch some gymnastics because of the wife. It's nice to have it available to stream because of the time difference.
I don't know how it went in the Olympics, but I have seen some absolutely jaw-dropping female gymnastics in the past year or so. And I mean performances, not appearance.

I don't know how it went in the Olympics, but I have seen some absolutely jaw-dropping female gymnastics in the past year or so. And I mean performances, not appearance.
It was pretty good. It's crazy how they are able to do what they do. Especially on the beam. I wouldn't be able to stand on that thing and they are up there spinning around and doing backflips.

Baseball isn't good enough for the Olympics, but breakdancing and 3v3 basketball are. Makes sense.
of the very few minutes I caught of the Olympics, I happened to catch some 3X3 BB. If that doesn't make a joke out of it all, nothing does, not even artistic hamster juggling.

They overplay the swimming, sprinting and gymnastics imo.

Women's regular volleyball (instead of beach) might be my fav to watch. Beach just makes me exhausted for them and the o/d aren't as dynamic.

I wish they'd air some obscure things more, like judo. Even this is badass, but I only saw a single throw

They overplay the swimming, sprinting and gymnastics imo.

Women's regular volleyball (instead of beach) might be my fav to watch. Beach just makes me exhausted for them and the o/d aren't as dynamic.

I wish they'd air some obscure things more, like judo. Even this is badass, but I only saw a single throw
They have everything available to watch on peacock if you are a subscriber

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT