ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Lecque

Ahhhh just did a little internet stalking on this kid and his nickname is baby Westbrook. The uncanny likeness both physically and in style of play are hard to miss. He’s a big time star in the making. We need to be in the mix ASAP. Kansas and a host of other big time programs all over this kid as of late with offer in Sept.

Reactions: JakeSarna
Wow. He is ready right now. I love how he even played very energetic D. He has the total lead guard package! Even tried to D up Zion on one trip which went as expected but shows he will stick his nose in there!

Go get 'em Roy!

Would love to see the Dennis Smith clone get an offer, provided he has his house in order.

Instantly fell in love with him during the 2:18- 2:37 stretch. Where he nailed a contested three, went back down on the other end for a monster block and then came back to get 2 on the offensive end- making a heads up play and taking it to the open gap instead of taking the three.
Baby Westbrook/ DS Jr Jr, whatever his nickname is the kid is gonna be a stud. From some other clips I've seen on him, he is also very good at finishing through contact. He is quick, explosive, athletic, plays with that fire you can't teach and he's got bounce.
Can you imagine him and Coby on the floor together!!!!!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Get him, I say. I wondered this year why we have so many perimeter players. That was answered last night with Cam and Brandon out and Platek playing 15 minutes. Having a bunch of guys who can handle the ball and shoot is always good.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Roy loves to have two ball handlers on the floor together. The monster combos possible with Francis, Coby, Leaky, and Lecque would be scary to behold! Sprinkle in a heaping helping of Nas, Manley, and Zion and how do you guard this?

Lacque is another level than Francis. Francis will be a good player for us, but Lacque is a different animal.

Get him, I say. I wondered this year why we have so many perimeter players. That was answered last night with Cam and Brandon out and Platek playing 15 minutes. Having a bunch of guys who can handle the ball and shoot is always good.

I think it's also the way the game is going. Bigs don't want to be bigs anymore so there are just more perimeter players out there in general.

Reactions: Archer2
And one is a 3-4 year player for us and one is most likely a OAD. We will get much more out of Francis than Lacque.

How do you figure on that? More minutes/games, sure - but more impact...I'm not sure. I prefer quality over quantity. Did we get "more" out of Nate Britt, Joel James, etc. than we did out of Harrison Barnes, Marvin Williams, etc? I'd say certainly not.

How do you figure on that? More minutes/games, sure - but more impact...I'm not sure. I prefer quality over quantity. Did we get "more" out of Nate Britt, Joel James, etc. than we did out of Harrison Barnes, Marvin Williams, etc? I'd say certainly not.
Give me a a 3-4 year player like Brice, Marcus, etc... over a OAD wonder kid any day. It's what our championships have been predicated on. BTW, Harrison wasn't a OAD. I think Francis will have a much more profound impact on UNC than Lecque would.

Give me a a 3-4 year player like Brice, Marcus, etc... over a OAD wonder kid any day. It's what our championships have been predicated on. BTW, Harrison wasn't a OAD. I think Francis will have a much more profound impact on UNC than Lecque would.

I mean, duh. Brice and Marcus were two of the best players in the country. Brice was arguably the best player in the country as a senior. Of course that's preferable.

But between a star OAD and a role-player 4-year guy is a different question. Would you rather have De'Aaron Fox or Nate Britt?

Reactions: OldSchoo01
The kid looks good but dang am I missing something? Is he ahead of Baker, Moore, or even nickleberry? And people are even saying he may be one and done? He is 2019 right? I believe he wont get an offer until Roy sees where Moore goes.

NEVERMIND I just found him on rankings. I thought he was from NC not NY. SORRY

Last edited:
I'll take a 3-4 year player like Brice, Marcus, Kennedy, Theo, Joel, etc... over a OAD kid all day long. You guys and your infatuation with OAD kids is beyond me. Experience has proven to overcome raw talent time and time again.

Really? You wouldn’t want a player like De’Aaron Fox or Anthony Davis?

No one is saying we don’t love our 3-4 year players. But you have a weird aversion to OADs. Fact is, Carolina needs a star again.

OAD will not be around in 2 years. Thus, Lecque may not go to college.

Reactions: JakeSarna

Did we get more out of Kennedy Meeks and Isiah Hicks or Marvin Williams and Brandon Wright? I guess an argument could be made either way. Kennedy and Hicks will always be a couple of favorites, the other 2 not so much. I personally got more enjoyment out of Kennedy and Hicks. You pick Britt and James to make your argument because they maybe never developed into all stars. You could have just as easily picked Brice, JB, or Paige as 4 year players but that wouldn't have helped your argument.

I mean, duh. Brice and Marcus were two of the best players in the country. Brice was arguably the best player in the country as a senior. Of course that's preferable.

But between a star OAD and a role-player 4-year guy is a different question. Would you rather have De'Aaron Fox or Nate Britt?

Why pick on Britt other than to make your argument look better. Ask if we'd rather have Fox or Joel Berry instead and see what most people answer. Then again, that would not help your argument would it?

Really? You wouldn’t want a player like De’Aaron Fox or Anthony Davis?

Anthony Davis was not just a OAD, he was a very unique talent that was not your typical 1 and done. It would be just as easy to down the list of 5 stars over the last 6-8 years and pick a bunch of busts to make a point that we don't need "OAD" players.

Why pick on Britt other than to make your argument look better. Ask if we'd rather have Fox or Joel Berry instead and see what most people answer. Then again, that would not help your argument would it?
He would lose again!

My argument is that OAD players are sometimes worth taking. Nothing more. Usually to fill in a gap in an otherwise-great team.

Reactions: gobblercalls
This is a straw man argument. No one is saying that. Most of us just don’t want to see UNC become the next d00k or UK, a revolving door for OAD’s.

Fortunate for us when the 1&D goes away and it will very shortly, we will not have a transition to have to go thru, other blue bloods will but we will not, pretty much becomes business as usual for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT