ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Lecque

Roy has always said that he would like a mix of One and Dones and multi year guys for his progam, like Roy we all want the top ranked guys to come to UNC, but I think and I know most would agree that more importantly it is about getting players that are going to jel well together and play as a team, buying into what Roy preaches and the system he runs. Yes, you can win with the best talent, but having a strong chemistry among your players is definetely more important in going all the way. Why do you think we are so successful in March?
We have been so successful over these last 2 years because we have a group of talented guys that are unselfish and have embodied the ideals of team basketball and love North Carolina. Our guys have not only had great chemistry on the court, but also off of it because they genuinely enjoy being around each other and have a bond that will last them a lifetime. It is human nature that everyone wants the best for themselves, but when you have a team filled with coaches and players that all buy into a common goal for the TEAM you really have a special group that will do anything to achieve something for each other.

Fortunate for us when the 1&D goes away and it will very shortly, we will not have a transition to have to go thru, other blue bloods will but we will not, pretty much becomes business as usual for us.
What we will see change is the second tier guys that rank in that 20-60 range will now have more blue bloods recruiting them and therefore will become more difficult to land. The top tier kids will likely get less recruiting attention if folks believe they will go straight to the NBA. That will result in more competition for the guys we have been recruiting recently. JMO.

Just my thoughts but I don't believe that the NBA is setting this up because they want to see more young, inexperienced, unprepared players in their league. There are still very few guys that can make that jump. I see this as a huge plus for both the college and the pros. Quality of bball played in both should be better all around. Players in college will be spread out among more suitors, and NBA will receive players that aren't in bibs that have actually played against real competition for a while. Just my 2 cents

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT