ADVERTISEMENT

James Brown Saw More Than A Basketball School During UNC Visit

Brown's upcoming visits are to Notre Dame this coming weekend and Illinois on November 4th. They do not currently have a visit scheduled to dook, nor do they have any more junior year official visits to use.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I love it when recruits visit puke these days! Without the mind control of the rat lord, peeps will simply see they play in a dump and will notice the appalling lack of support from former players!

Mr. Brown is a potential game changer and as long as he continues to work will develop into a perennial Pro All-Star! I hope he joins the Heels so we can ensure this happens!

Cadeau
Powell
Stevenson
Brown

That's the ideal '24 class. By taking just 4, it probably allows us to get an experienced big man through the portal. Need to make it happen.

Cadeau
Powell
Stevenson
Brown

That's the ideal '24 class. By taking just 4, it probably allows us to get an experienced big man through the portal. Need to make it happen.
While the class could end up like that I can consider that ideal. Powell was not my first choice but he can play, he is committed so he is on my ideal list. Brown for sure, I see him as a kid that is likely to play 4yrs for us and be a VERY good big man as he develops. But he is a guy I think the NBA may not be as thirsty for due to questions about his athletism and he isn't for now at least considered to be a outside shooter. I think he plays with a really good motor, plays with a bit of an edge that I like. Kind of like Bacot, on the edge of NBA interest but maybe not exactly there in the scouts eyes. So yeah, I really like what he could bring us.

Stevenson, man, I ain't feelin it, while I do think we are VERY likely to get him, he just ain't that guy to me. Now a kid I do like that dropped in the rankings, is kinda now days well under the radar is kid out of Florida RJ Jones. That kid is already around 240 at 6'10" (I think). We at least were in contact with him earlier this year, I suspect his recruitment blows up after this season (coming off a tuff injury he is 24 I think). Give me that kid along with Brown and our front court is in good shape for years to come. Stevenson had a really good freshman season, turned a lot of heads but in my eyes he just has not developed like I would have expected. He seems to me to play like a Jawad that is not a great jump shooter. At this point, even thou he is very highly ranked (I think way over ranked but that is just my opinion) I would rather portal in a guy than to take Stevenson.

Cadeau, man, the kid can play, reminds me some of a cross between Cole and Trimble, the talent is there to run a NCAA team from the point, not a coach in the country that would not love to get the kid. Hubert likes him so much that he has personally taken over the recruitment for the kid, I would venture to say that he may be at this point the guys from this class Hubert wants the most. Lot to like there so why would I STRONGLY consider passing on him?

There are some little things like I see him as a streaky jump shooter more than a pure shooter, the depth we have at the point has me question if a 24PG is even a strong area of need. But the big thing for me is this kid is expected to reclass to 2023. WE have RJ and Trimble, Wilcher is on the way in the 23 class, not a lot of need for a PG with that kind of talent already on board. This kid is highly expected to be 1 and done. How much value do get from a kid that would come in with the talent I listed already at the point and he be 1 and done anyway? I am not really sure why UNC would be his pick to begin with, considering the talent we have at his position, guys he would have to share time with when he is wanting to make his NBA resume known? Give me Boogie Fland, he will be in college longer and I think has more upside to his game, Cadeau is IMO the better player today.

And I didn't even mention Cappy Jack!

Reactions: Archer2
While the class could end up like that I can consider that ideal. Powell was not my first choice but he can play, he is committed so he is on my ideal list. Brown for sure, I see him as a kid that is likely to play 4yrs for us and be a VERY good big man as he develops. But he is a guy I think the NBA may not be as thirsty for due to questions about his athletism and he isn't for now at least considered to be a outside shooter. I think he plays with a really good motor, plays with a bit of an edge that I like. Kind of like Bacot, on the edge of NBA interest but maybe not exactly there in the scouts eyes. So yeah, I really like what he could bring us.

Stevenson, man, I ain't feelin it, while I do think we are VERY likely to get him, he just ain't that guy to me. Now a kid I do like that dropped in the rankings, is kinda now days well under the radar is kid out of Florida RJ Jones. That kid is already around 240 at 6'10" (I think). We at least were in contact with him earlier this year, I suspect his recruitment blows up after this season (coming off a tuff injury he is 24 I think). Give me that kid along with Brown and our front court is in good shape for years to come. Stevenson had a really good freshman season, turned a lot of heads but in my eyes he just has not developed like I would have expected. He seems to me to play like a Jawad that is not a great jump shooter. At this point, even thou he is very highly ranked (I think way over ranked but that is just my opinion) I would rather portal in a guy than to take Stevenson.

Cadeau, man, the kid can play, reminds me some of a cross between Cole and Trimble, the talent is there to run a NCAA team from the point, not a coach in the country that would not love to get the kid. Hubert likes him so much that he has personally taken over the recruitment for the kid, I would venture to say that he may be at this point the guys from this class Hubert wants the most. Lot to like there so why would I STRONGLY consider passing on him?

There are some little things like I see him as a streaky jump shooter more than a pure shooter, the depth we have at the point has me question if a 24PG is even a strong area of need. But the big thing for me is this kid is expected to reclass to 2023. WE have RJ and Trimble, Wilcher is on the way in the 23 class, not a lot of need for a PG with that kind of talent already on board. This kid is highly expected to be 1 and done. How much value do get from a kid that would come in with the talent I listed already at the point and he be 1 and done anyway? I am not really sure why UNC would be his pick to begin with, considering the talent we have at his position, guys he would have to share time with when he is wanting to make his NBA resume known? Give me Boogie Fland, he will be in college longer and I think has more upside to his game, Cadeau is IMO the better player today.

And I didn't even mention Cappy Jack!
I like your breakdown of Brown. He is working on adding dimensions to his game, but that will take awhile and we will see how successful he is in those areas.

What he does have, as you mentioned, is a good motor, nice footwork with his length, and a willingness to play in the paint. The Mando comparison for him coming in is a good one in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT