ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Baker

I'm trying to trust Roy on this one but my gosh it sure is difficult. He likely would've been a Tar Heel by now but we'll probably be playing against him for 4 years.

This is how I've tried to rationalize it. He's not a 2 so he's gotta play the 3. SF's for Roy need to be able to grab 5 boards and play tough defense. Baker hasn't shown the toughness to do that, so he's not a Carolina 3 either.

Sure hope Wendell is miles better than him since it seems that's who we're holding out for.

Well Roy's met him plenty of times. If we've not made an offer there's gotta be a reason. I'd be more worried if he was someone we've not been interested in watching or something.

With Leaky already in the fold I am not really worried about the small forward position so I do think Roy holding out for the guy he wants is his better move. I like Baker, like Moore, if Roy likes Moore more COOL!

Much more important to me is the offers he has out to the 3 5star big men and the PG we already have committed.

Not sure I follow the "would have been" a Tar Heel...could you clarify 05champs?

Couple of our kids may be giving an asst on the recruiting, eh, Dave?

Not sure I follow the "would have been" a Tar Heel...could you clarify 05champs?
There was talk that he always wanted a UNC offer and might've jumped on it already had Roy prioritized him. Plus, him and Jalek are tight. Either way, I'm excited about Wendell Moore if we get him.

As Dave said, I'm not concerned about the SF spot, I think we are set there, with or without a recruit there. Leaky is a natural small forward and his ball skills and quickness, while probably inadequate to play PG in college, will enable him to be a very effective point forward IMO. Much like we will see Theo do this year.

I think Moore or Baker are luxury recruits, we'd certainly like to have them but they aren't must gets to fill a gaping hole.

CBB world's coming to an end..guess no SF will develop btw now and 2019...some ppl respond to dook this and dook that...last I checked who won the natty?

Couple of our kids may be giving an asst on the recruiting, eh, Dave?
Roy has offers out to 3 top 10 5star big men and honestly, I think we are very strong for 2 of them and Carney may be the best player in that class and if he plays college ball we may lead for him at this point.

But there is that if he plays college ball thing, with this NCAA scandal we could well see the one & done rule gone this time next year such that the 2019 class can by pass college.

Now yeah, I do think our 2019 PG is going to be a guy that helps us recruit, kid loves Roy and we were his dream school, loved to play when Roy was scouting Manley! iN addition I do think the NCAA cloud will totally move away from us and end up surrounding our biggest rivals on the court and the recruiting trail.

It is a really fantastic time to be a Tar Heel !!!!!

David, as you and I discussed '19 has some really nice kids. '17 lacked some bigs and now the pendulum is swinging back to some good ones.
Love to have Carney. Interesting as this began to develop Roy was down to see him.

Reactions: Archer2 and DSouthr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT