ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky’s Ugonna Onyenso now officially in the portal

KinstonNC

Sophomore
Oct 18, 2017
He’s mostly a shot blocker at this stage of his game but if coached(unlike last year) I think his upside is more than enough to push JWash for starter min- Brown,High or JWit wont be able to do that.
The pool is getting smaller and all eggs in the basket for Clifford..well it seems to me he’s dragging UNC along for window dressing. Hope I’m wrong though.

Ugonna Onyenso is from Nigeria so NIL shouldn’t be an issue as I don’t think he qualify. And remember, can’t teach LEGIT 7’0” 234, with 7’5”wing span.

Last edited:
He’s mostly a shot blocker at this stage of his game but if coached(unlike last year) I think his upside is more than enough to push JWash for starter min- Brown,High or JWit wont be able to do that.
The pool is getting smaller and all eggs in the basket for Clifford..well it seems to me he’s dragging UNC along for window dressing. Hope I’m wrong though.

Ugonna Onyenso is from Nigeria so NIL shouldn’t be an issue as I don’t think he qualify. And remember, can’t teach LEGIT 7’0” 234, with 7’5”wing span.
He's also still in the NBA draft.

Your understanding of NIL is wrong though. Foreign players can make NIL. It's just that United States law prohibits student visa holders from making money off campus. So they can't do autograph signings or go off campus to shoot commercials, which are typical NIL money making deals.

Kentucky solved this 2 years ago with Oscar Tshiebwe. During their preseason trip out of the United States, they organized all his NIL opportunities to take place so he would not be breaking any US laws. He made a lot of money. They wouldn't have kept the National Player of the Year for a second season without a hefty NIL payday.

I mean you made a post about wanting Ballo. He's from Mali. He's getting plenty of NIL. His agents reportedly asked schools for $1.2 million.

Your understanding of NIL is wrong though. Foreign players can make NIL. It's just that United States law prohibits student visa holders from making money off campus. So they can't do autograph signings or go off campus to shoot commercials, which are typical NIL money making deals.

Kentucky solved this 2 years ago with Oscar Tshiebwe. During their preseason trip out of the United States, they organized all his NIL opportunities to take place so he would not be breaking any US laws. He made a lot of money. They wouldn't have kept the National Player of the Year for a second season without a hefty NIL payday.
Yes you’re correct i just read that about NIL look like he can pick up some $$, God bless him. But as for as him still being in the NBA draft I think that was a simply a smart process to go through for him to find out his chance of be drafted. Apparently the feedback he received from the NBA cause him to officially enter the portal. Smart move on his part.

He has a very high ceiling, and he is already a tremendous rim protector: 8 blocks against Fl, and I think 10 blocks against someone else. UK simply had way too many 7ft guys(4 total) makes it nearly impossible to focus on individual development. How do you play them all decent minutes? You can’t! At 7ft, and as a ridiculous rim protector he won’t have that issue with UNC. Heck I even think he will break-out and become a star collegiate player! Yeah go ahead and save this post and holler at me later lol.

Anyhoot, we got get moving Sat deadline is approaching fast. I’m actually ok with whomever HD bring in to replace Armando cause there is no way that JWash can be counted on to do it alone. Jmo.

My order:5 spot
1. Clifford(could be expensive but he’s the one I like the most at this point). 7ft dude is chiseled and extremely aggressive with it! Dook bigs will piss their pants. Lol
2. Onyenso (a legit 7footer with a very high ceiling, a crazy rim protector).
3. I expect others to pop into the porta next day or two cause Sat is quickly approaching,

Last edited:

I mean you made a post about wanting Ballo. He's from Mali. He's getting plenty of NIL. His agents reportedly asked schools for $1.2 million.
Good post. Edey at Purdue (student visa) complained about this recently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT