ADVERTISEMENT

Khaliel Rodgers Leaves Team

So the OG will be Hatton, Prince, Cohen or Polino?

I'd heard Khaliel was really athletic, and was hoping he could gel with Kap's guys to provide some nice push with that 6'3 315. Too bad.

I'd heard Khaliel was really athletic, and was hoping he could gel with Kap's guys to provide some nice push with that 6'3 315. Too bad.
He started fewer games than a 1 season total at SC. And SC has not been close to National title contenders the past 4 years. So perhaps he was not all that.

He couldn't pass his conditions test from what I'm hearing as well. His body is not built to play in our high tempo offense.

He couldn't pass his conditions test from what I'm hearing as well. His body is not built to play in our high tempo offense.
That doesn't make a ton of sense, or seems surprising. Coaches should've known what they were getting, he should've known what he was getting into.

That doesn't make a ton of sense, or seems surprising. Coaches should've known what they were getting, he should've known what he was getting into.

I really think he saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to be entrenched as the starter. We have 4 capable starting guards in the 2 deep. I am going to assume Hatton/Polino will compete on the left side due to Tommy's familiarity with the position from last year. Cohen/Prince will compete on the right side.

Too many doughnuts and kegs to overcome.

Jared Cohen, on the other hand, seems to have kept himself in game shape.

The SC Trojan sense of entitlement is very strong. He may well have just assumed that being a 2nd teamer at SC had to be much, much better than anything UNC could have.

As for the coaches - as they were not certain Cohen would be back and in as top physical shape as he is, they wanted a 5th year SR G for at least the 2 deep. But if that guy is not ready to hit camp fighting for any PT, he is not worth the trouble.

I really think he saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to be entrenched as the starter. We have 4 capable starting guards in the 2 deep. I am going to assume Hatton/Polino will compete on the left side due to Tommy's familiarity with the position from last year. Cohen/Prince will compete on the right side.

Your intel appears to be very wrong on this account. Our interior OL play was awful last year, there is no one entrenched as a starter or guaranteed playing time. The report on the premium board is that the health thing is legit. He is a very intelligent kid that has some aspirations besides just football. Apparently his passion for the game was already waning at USC. He transferred thinking a change of scenery might re-ignite him but from all accounts it seems like he's just ready to move on and pursue a life outside of football.

Maybe I'm the exception, but I don't see what difference it makes why he left the team. It happens. Speculating about it is dude drama lol. Just wish him well and move on.

You are right, i'm personally just hand-wringing or teeth-gnashing since I felt he might have higher upside for this season compared to Prince/Hatton/Polino/Cohen

You are right, i'm personally just hand-wringing or teeth-gnashing since I felt he might have higher upside for this season compared to Prince/Hatton/Polino/Cohen
He might have, but remember, he started only about 13 total games at SC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT