ADVERTISEMENT

Leaky Black (Beach Ball Classic)

I’ll wait to see how good he actually plays in college, after you know, he plays in college.
What a novel concept. I like that.

Or perhaps we could continue to prejudge based on limited data. I remember many saying Luke was a one trick pony in high school. He could shoot, sure. And he rebounded well in high school, but he wasn't very athletic, has T-Rex arms, and would have a lot of difficulty rebounding at the next level. That one trick pony has become pretty versatile, hasn't he.

Leaky handles the ball very well for a guy his size. No, he doesn't have college PG handles. But as a point forward, I think he can be very effective. I envision him playing a very similar role as Theo does. I think he has deferred to Moore, much as he deferred to White when they formed the starting backcourt for CP3's team. I love this kid's game and think he will blossom in college.

I think of Kyle Anderson, not Theo when I think of Leaky.

Hmm, that's an interesting comparison. Anderson is taller, longer, and larger-framed (and Leaky is faster and quicker), but Leaky could develop a similar playing style (and hopefully a similar defensive impact, which is where Anderson really shines).

Hmm, that's an interesting comparison. Anderson is taller, longer, and larger-framed (and Leaky is faster and quicker), but Leaky could develop a similar playing style (and hopefully a similar defensive impact, which is where Anderson really shines).
I really see a Shaun Livingston comparison. The man makes his living on d and turn around jumpers. Sees the court very well and thrives in the Ws system. Rechon could very well have those impacts here.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
In what way? Does he shoot well? Does he get to the rim? Does he post up smaller players? Does he cut well?

He's versatile on defense for sure, but on offense he's a tall, skinny wing who can pass but doesn't do much else. That's not versatility.

He can bring ball up court, can pass, and as pointed before will in the end defend 2-4. Theo Pinson, okay at a lot of things master of none.

Guys I watched 3 games in the beach ball with him and he was horrible in all 3 against good competition. I can see 1 bad game but not 3. Look at guys like RJ Barrett, Colby White, Vernon Carey.... they do it every game. Leaky just isn’t very impressive.

Guys I watched 3 games in the beach ball with him and he was horrible in all 3 against good competition. I can see 1 bad game but not 3. Look at guys like RJ Barrett, Colby White, Vernon Carey.... they do it every game. Leaky just isn’t very impressive.

lol
RJ Barrett is #1 in his class
Colby White is a top 25 recruit
Vernon Carey is the #1 recruit in his class
Rechon Black is ranked in the 60's

Lets compare them though

In the two games I could find stats for, these were Leaky's averages:

29 MPG
12 points
5 rebounds
2.5 assists
3 blocks
3.5 steals

Perhaps not dominant stats but a pretty well rounded stat line with contributions across the board, and against very good comp. I think he has a bright future at UNC.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Love peeps that want to be Tar Heels! Leaky will be an excellent addition to the team and will be a match-up problem for 3/4s in college. He will be taller than the 3s and quicker with better handles than the 4s. I have seen him dig in and keep his feet in front of guards so he can do it with 3s. He needs development and UNC is the perfect place to get it! Imagine how effective he will be after the patented UNC sophomore jump!

Reactions: itstartedwithmj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT