ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for a gun

bleeduncblue

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
I'm looking to buy a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm Shield. Please let me know if you have one to sell or know someone (non dealer preferably) in North Carolina who does. Thanks!

My grandson got him one last week at the gun show, he loves it! I opted for the Taurus PT111 G2, for the $ you can't beat it! Both 9mm. Looked at some 40's, just can't convince myself that is the way to go.

I'll ask around and see if anybody has one they want to part with. But you know there are no real bargains in used guns right now.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Thanks Mike. I've thought about a 40 but in the Shield model I think the recoil will be too much for what I want. Hadn't thought about the Taurus PT111 G2 ... how does it compare in size to the 9mm Shield ? It's so easy and lightweight to carry concealed.

I'm looking at $300-$350.

Just fyi bleed, I have several family members including myself who are big gun owners. A few of them have sold off their handguns that are not 9MM and are replacing them with other 9MM models. The reason is the ammo is much more available and therefore much cheaper and you can find it in bulk. I personally own an M&P 40 and love it. I have the green Veridian laser mounted on mine which you can see in the daytime unlike Crimson Trace red lasers which you cannot. I do also have the Crimson Trace on an Inox Beretta 92F and love it as well. If you are going to shoot a lot you can't go wrong with a 9MM because of the long term cost.

Sure you can find 9mm ammo in bulk. It's cheap, too. They are very accurate weapons...light, easy to operate and generally dependable. Plus they make a decent noise when you pull the trigger and that's usually enough.

But personally, if you gave me one I'd get rid of it ASAP and get something else. Either a .357 magnum, .40 or .45 cal. Heck, even a .38 plus P would instill more confidence in a weapon for my money.

I carried a 9mm because it was issued to me. I was good with it and confident in it. Then it nearly got me killed and now I know better. I left it lying on the side of a mountain and vowed to never carry another. When I ramped up again I had a Colt .45 and no more problems. Had I used it from the beginning I'd have a couple less scars and everything I shot with it would have layed down, stayed down and left me alone.

There's a reason police depts issue .40 cals these days folks. Those 9's are great for rap videos. But when the crap hits the fan I want something that's going to knock somebody down for awhile. Trust me, you can't count on a 9mm to do that.

PS...MIKEY!

A Taurus is a fine weapon, but don't go the Paramilitary route. Those adjustable sights are as sensitive as a risin'...they'll bump off at the slightest touch. Stick with the fixed sights.

Jim, it's very hard for me not to carry my old trusty 38 S&W wheel gun! Have a TON of faith in that old thing.

Like my 9 but not sure it will ever replace my 38.

Yeah, was kinda wondering about all that "adjustment" crap.

I agree about the 'knock down power" deal ...I own a SW 357 ...BEAST.

I've actually changed gears a bit, gonna buy a M&P COMPACT 9mm ....I have big hands and this feels much better in my grip than the Shield. Double stack and extender mag option, which I'll use.

Mike:

I own a S&W .357 and absolutely love it. Six inch barrel and nickel plated.....it's a beautiful firearm and has tremendous hitting power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT