ADVERTISEMENT

Lunch With Co-Worker Today...

ChapelHeeled

All-American
Nov 9, 2011
He loves his team. Not a Heel though. He was talking about the outrage as far as Coaches that just got hired and the impact of the Rooney Rule. His take ( I stress, his take) is that if absolute qualification is NOT the rule of thumb then the NFL needs to also implement a rule to stress that 5-6 players of non-color, must start on each team ( both on offense and on defense). His logic seems to be that if all of the team's in the NFL were held to this standard, then it would indeed be a fair rule with regard to the Rooney Rule. I told him that I would post his thoughts and let him view the opinions stated here, if any. Again, I do NOT think that this would work. Thank you again...

I am one to believe you play the best players regardless of color.. if the dude was green but ran a 4.3, shifty in the open field, he would be playing for me. With coaches you hire the most qualified... regardless of color. I think the reason for the Rooney rule is some coaches of color that were qualified were not given a chance. Im just not sure if the rule actually helps though. If someone does not want to hire someone of color they will just hire someone else even if they are less qualified.

Reactions: chickenhunter
Wouldn’t the equivalent be something along the lines of teams having to draft at least one white guy each year? Seems reasonable to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT