ADVERTISEMENT

Make this site great again!

Feb 6, 2003
Every site and everything associated with UNC is woke and left wing.

If this site was the “Conservative voice of UNC fans” it would take off.

If the conservative voices were not censored and fans were welcome to criticize players and coaches that are paid to preform the traffic on this site would explode like every thing else that embraces a conservative mindset.

Thins site and the other ones have no traffic compared to what it was like in the 2000s before everyone was censored and banned. There would be hundreds of post an hour.

I was around since the goheels days in the late 90 and watched the left wing UNC mindset ban and run off everyone that had “wrong think”.

And let people post on the site’s videos on YouTube.

This site and this team and this conference and yes even this school is going down and excluding millions of fans because they are not left wing wokies.

Help us help you.

If the conservative voices were not censored and fans were welcome to criticize players and coaches that are paid to preform the traffic on this site would explode like every thing else that embraces a conservative mindset.

Thins site and the other ones have no traffic compared to what it was like in the 2000s before everyone was censored and banned. There would be hundreds of post an hour.

I was around since the goheels days in the late 90 and watched the left wing UNC mindset ban and run off everyone that had “wrong think”.

This site and this team and this conference and yes even this school is going down and excluding millions of fans because they are not left wing wokies.

Help us help you.

Are you talking about this board or the THI site as a whole?

Are you talking about this board or the THI site as a whole?
I want to be careful here because I truly would like this site to be the site and be a real catalyst to influence change.

This board and every other board tied to this school is absolute garbage and it got that way by censoring, alienating non alumni, and being a haven for woke people. To the point the common man doesn’t want to be associated with it anymore.

The boards run the sites regardless of what others might think.

Andrew, your work is good and I commend your dedication and hard work.

If this site and board was “the conservative fan’s voice of UNC” and you actively marketed as such and made it a place to embrace those views it would absolutely explode with traffic and thus content.

Fox News is a massive beast because it is an island while every other channel is a cookie cutter left wing echo chamber.

You need to be big enough to challenge the things in UNC that makes it suck without fear of repercussions.

I want to be careful here because I truly would like this site to be the site and be a real catalyst to influence change.

This board and every other board tied to this school is absolute garbage and it got that way by censoring, alienating non alumni, and being a haven for woke people. To the point the common man doesn’t want to be associated with it anymore.

The boards run the sites regardless of what others might think.

Andrew, your work is good and I commend your dedication and hard work.

If this site and board was “the conservative fan’s voice of UNC” and you actively marketed as such and made it a place to embrace those views it would absolutely explode with traffic and thus content.

Fox News is a massive beast because it is an island while every other channel is a cookie cutter left wing echo chamber.

You need to be big enough to challenge the things in UNC that makes it suck without fear of repercussions.

THI isn't about political or social ideology, it's about covering UNC football, basketball, and recruiting. We weavwe literally none of that other stuff into our work or the tenor on the board. Rarely does anyone get a note about something posted on the board we deem out of line.

I appreciate your words and thinking outside the box. But our sole objective is to cover the programs and recruiting with the highest level of journalistic principles and integrity while giving our readers/audience creative layouts of disseminating what we report.

Again, I appreciate any and all suggestions. It can only help us be better.

I’m not saying to weave politics into your site. You may not have sent out a note or censored someone. However it has been done previously and on other sites to a point anyone that anyone who thinks in different ways are attacked not even by staff but other like minded consumers.

The left wing woke people at UNC want to push football into the ground and if any site was to call out the bill fridays of this school you would never be fed another story.

The players, the coaches and the administrators need to be called out for the way they run things. Change Mack and we are right back here in 3-6 years with the school’s mindset.

I don’t know the names but someone like you could find out.

Look at those big buildings all around campus. You can’t tell me that UNC can’t buy those dog players by the truck load. They don’t do it because they don’t won’t those people coming here and they are attacking those people that will support them. They are better than to have those low class people soiling their city and campus.

Football is about want to. North Carolina has the population and money to be a major player. It is pushed down.

We need to follow the nfl model. The coaches are not the highest paid. It’s the players and the gm.

Why can nobody make a defense at UNC? Idk maybe it has something to do with the fact the school is so against masculinity that men don’t even come to the school anymore.

We are a southern school in a red state our schools and sports teams and the way we cover them needs to reflect that and to the person brave enough to embrace that will come unprecedented support.

If you keep doing what you always done you will get what you always got. If you want something different that what you always had you have to do something different than you always done.

Even if you you can’t see it now you should try. Change the name, change the moderators ask those uncomfortable questions. Can’t get much worse. Might get better.

I’m not saying to weave politics into your site. You may not have sent out a note or censored someone. However it has been done previously and on other sites to a point anyone that anyone who thinks in different ways are attacked not even by staff but other like minded consumers.

The left wing woke people at UNC want to push football into the ground and if any site was to call out the bill fridays of this school you would never be fed another story.

The players, the coaches and the administrators need to be called out for the way they run things. Change Mack and we are right back here in 3-6 years with the school’s mindset.

I don’t know the names but someone like you could find out.

Look at those big buildings all around campus. You can’t tell me that UNC can’t buy those dog players by the truck load. They don’t do it because they don’t won’t those people coming here and they are attacking those people that will support them. They are better than to have those low class people soiling their city and campus.

Football is about want to. North Carolina has the population and money to be a major player. It is pushed down.

We need to follow the nfl model. The coaches are not the highest paid. It’s the players and the gm.

Why can nobody make a defense at UNC? Idk maybe it has something to do with the fact the school is so against masculinity that men don’t even come to the school anymore.

We are a southern school in a red state our schools and sports teams and the way we cover them needs to reflect that and to the person brave enough to embrace that will come unprecedented support.

If you keep doing what you always done you will get what you always got. If you want something different that what you always had you have to do something different than you always done.

Even if you you can’t see it now you should try. Change the name, change the moderators ask those uncomfortable questions. Can’t get much worse. Might get better.

For the reecord, we are net fed stories, we look for story ideas and ask questions. The woke mindset you speak about has nothing to do with us, as we are entirely unaffiliated with UNC in any way. We are an independent media outlet that covers UNC.

Perhaps you missed this, among other things I have written and said. But this is recent:

I think you're expressing frustration in the wrong direction. We are not the ones you should focus on. We are not the problem in any way. And if you have paid attention to my/our work over the years, you'd know that.

I’m trying to help you and this site. I thought you might be willing to listen and accept. I was wrong . Please Cary on.

The reason I am not here everyday is because I can catch up on an entire season in less than hour because the traffic is so slow.

Thousands of comments a day to three a day and two are yours.

I tried

This is already the most active thread in ages

I’m trying to help you and this site. I thought you might be willing to listen and accept. I was wrong . Please Cary on.

The reason I am not here everyday is because I can catch up on an entire season in less than hour because the traffic is so slow.

Thousands of comments a day to three a day and two are yours.

I tried

This is already the most active thread in ages

I thanked you for the suggestions, but you're dead wrong with respect to your take on this site and us. In fact, you're comically wrong. And, for the record, the site has geown exponentially under my watch and has ascended to one of the top two media outlets covering UNC when it was maybe in the top 20 when I took over.

And, you're on the free board, so judging our site based on a free board is absurd. As smart as you are, one would think you'd know there is much more on the premium board, but oh well. As you said, carry on.

Help us help you.
I got banned from another UNC site many years ago for posting about WVU and the ACC. The overwhelming consensus was that WVU was far too lowly rated academically to be in the ACC. I stressed that every ACC member had large numbers of Affirmative Action students and faculty, which meant lowered standards and special helps, and thus the ACC should be willing to have an Affirmative Action member institution in order to get another football fan base with a pulse. I said that I'd even take Auburn to get another such rabid football fan base.

I was banned for Seriously Offensive Posting.

But I doubt that such would happen here. I think here the ownership/leadership is more open to all kinds of notions and talk, comic as well as deadly serious, about all kinds of things from various angles.

At the risk of feeding the troll, I'll just say this is one of the dumbest posts ever started. I'm as conservative as anyone (and a bit of a political junkie too), and I can tell most people's politics from their posts and replies. But I've never detected anything one way or the other politically about Andrew or the original content on this site. There's enough politics in all aspects or life these days, including sports. But certainly we can make sites like these an exception.

I much prefer @andrew jones's approach of trying to keep things neutral. And as he mentioned, the pay boards have very open conversations around the themes the OP is looking for. If you want more commentary with a slant, listen to talk radio.

I’m not comically wrong about this site. I have made no specific claims of this site. And if you don’t mind the conservative voice here then advertise it and make a point to call it out in the school and program whenever possible.

I’m not trying to offend you and I’m not wrong in saying that the traffic even on the free board is way down from what it used to be. And that goes for all UNC sites. UNC fans despise Walmart fans and conservative fan
At the risk of feeding the troll, I'll just say this is one of the dumbest posts ever started. I'm as conservative as anyone (and a bit of a political junkie too), and I can tell most people's politics from their posts and replies. But I've never detected anything one way or the other politically about Andrew or the original content on this site. There's enough politics in all aspects or life these days, including sports. But certainly we can make sites like these an exception.
exactly what I said this was. Thank you.

I also fed the troll, almost for fun. I do it with someone named "Chad" on Twitter. I know who it is and the joke is on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT