ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hornsby decommits from UNC per 247 sports

The Heels definitely have some options at the QB position. I wish Malik the best wherever he decides to go.

Reactions: Archer2
He's from TX, and no TX team is in the ACC, and he's very heavily recruited over there.

Of early commitments - the farther a top recruit lives from the campus and the conference border, the less likely he is to sign.

Reactions: franklin street
He's from TX, and no TX team is in the ACC, and he's very heavily recruited over there.

Of early commitments - the farther a top recruit lives from the campus and the conference border, the less likely he is to sign.

Good point. Plus, if Mack can give that scholarship to a player at a bigger position of need, then I'm fine with Malik going to another school.

Wasn't he the kid that said he wanted to be the QB to bring Mack his 2nd NC?

There is 1 thing that is very good about the decommitment of Malik Hornsby: under the last regime, or almost any time since Mack left for Texas, the decommitment of a 4* QB would have meant a surge in Tar Heel football woe-is-me posting. 4* QB decommits now, and we are far more focused on the players we expect or hope to land.

I am sanguine about our quarterback situation overall. Nothing positive about someone de-committing.
In and of itself, no, there is nothing positive in a de-commitment of a 4*.

But, if that slot allows us to add another quality prospect on the DL or OL or at LB, then the de-commitment of a QB, when we have 3 high quality freshmen QBs on campus, will turn out for the best for the program.

In and of itself, no, there is nothing positive in a de-commitment of a 4*.

But, if that slot allows us to add another quality prospect on the DL or OL or at LB, then the de-commitment of a QB, when we have 3 high quality freshmen QBs on campus, will turn out for the best for the program.
Bingo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT