ADVERTISEMENT

Maye Heading to the NFL, Will Not Play in UNC's Bowl Game

i can’t say i’m surprised.

interesting to see this rumor…ohio st is preparing to offer mhjr an nil deal that would match first round pick money…he’s the best player if he went pro, so i can’t wait to see this.

i can’t say i’m surprised.

interesting to see this rumor…ohio st is preparing to offer mhjr an nil deal that would match first round pick money…he’s the best player if he went pro, so i can’t wait to see this.
They see to be right on track to killing college athletics.

Kinda surprised that Drake would bale on his team. Sam never did. I thought Drake would follow Sam's example. Sam Howell > Drake Maye.

I'm not sure if I'll watch the game, now. I definitely don't expect the Heels to win. Bowl games are becoming such a let-down. This season is going to be worse than last season. Fewer wins. After starting out 6-0, they wind up winning only 2 more games. I guess beating the dookies is the best we can expect.

They may not even win 6 games next year.

Reactions: vbrs
100% correct decision. We have watched him get racked up on so many plays in two years, and remarkably, he
has had no serious injuries. Why risk one now in a meaningless bowl game?
Best of luck in the future, Drake, and thank you for playing your tail off for UNC for these
last two seasons.

100% correct decision. We have watched him get racked up on so many plays in two years, and remarkably, he
has had no serious injuries. Why risk one now in a meaningless bowl game?
Best of luck in the future, Drake, and thank you for playing your tail off for UNC for these
last two seasons.
He played in lots of "meaningless" games. A bowl game actually has some meaning. Florida A&M was a meaningless game, same with Georgia State. He played in the bowl game last year. Was that meaningless? He risks an injury taking a shower. I guess I'm just old and I remember when players would never bail on their team for a bowl game.

The right choice. He has nothing more to prove and a lot to lose if he gets hurt playing in a bowl game without 7 starters. Go get ready for the NFL combine.

He played in lots of "meaningless" games. A bowl game actually has some meaning. I'm just old and I remember when players would never bail on their team for a bowl game.
Strum, you aren’t that old and this has been going on for years. He will be one of the first quarterbacks selected.
He cannot risk an injury with a bright future staring him right in the face.
And he loves Carolina more than me or you.

I kinda thought Drake would pull a Sam Howell and play in the bowl. But I don't blame him or hold it against him.

I kinda thought Drake would pull a Sam Howell and play in the bowl. But I don't blame him or hold it against him.
I don't blame him or hold it against him. I'm like you... I thought for sure he wouldn't abandon his team, teammates, coaches, etc.. You can get hurt in every game you play. You can get hurt in practice. They're playing a very hard contact sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT