ADVERTISEMENT

Maye Says His Plan is to Play in Carolina's Bowl Game

After seeing what happened to Jordan Travis, why play in the NC State game?

When you play football, you risk serious injury every time you step on the field. The devaluing of bowl games is pretty sad. Players quitting on their team for the bowl game because they're afraid of getting hurt, but they played the entire season, just doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't really care about him sitting out the pop tart bowl or mayo bowl or whatever worthless bowl we go to. Would have been different if it was a NY6 bowl, but this will be one of those cash grab exhibition bowls that no one cares about.

The wise move would be to pack it up now and start getting ready for the combine.

Drake has given Carolina football a lot more than it’s given back to him. He doesn’t owe this program a damn thing.

I saw a list of the top ten Heisman candidates yesterday. Maye was not on it.
I appreciate that Drake loves Carolina, but you have to wonder whether he should have taken the money at Alabama.
Perhaps Mack was feeding him the same "sales pitch" that he has been spooning out to the fan base for the last 5 years.

I'm tired of the SOS. Bad defense, poor special teams and pathetic on the road. We do have a stellar offense and over the moon hype, and I should be used to the disappointment after all of these years, but I getting too old to believe any more.

Carolina either needs to bite the bullet, and truly get into the race, or eliminate the hype and smooth talking and hire a Dave Clawson type and be happy with 7-8 wins (this is basically where we are now, but we just need to eliminate the used car salesman that keeps making promises, but can't deliver).

I saw a list of the top ten Heisman candidates yesterday. Maye was not on it.
I appreciate that Drake loves Carolina, but you have to wonder whether he should have taken the money at Alabama.
I haven't been there in a really long time, but I have to think Chapel Hill > Tuscaloosa. These guys are almost in an isolated containment area of filmroom, weights and protein shakes, but there is still a college experience they're getting. Drake seems to like his coaches and teammates, so if Drake gets drafted fairly early I doubt he'll have any second-thoughts.

Him playing in the bowl, like Sam, just adds to how impressive they are/were, and adds to the disappointment that we couldn't squeeze UNC's best football season out of either of them. Can still end on a high note by embarrassing NCSU, then embarrass some top-25 team with a decent name (maybe Tenn?)

Maybe I have misread him, but I have had the impression that the Heisman was not at the top of Drake's value system.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Guess he'll just have to settle for the #1 draft pick.

Is he projected #1 overall now? I’ve been seen Harrison Jr at #1 on draft boards but I give zero f*cks about the NFL and barely follow it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT