ADVERTISEMENT

Melvin's located in Elizabethtown , NC (Southeast of Fayetteville)

ElizabethtownHeel

Hall of Famer
Oct 6, 2006
Melvin's was owned and operated for many yrs by Pat Melvin and his wife. The place has to be at least 50 yrs old as I am 45 and it has been there my whole life. People from all over the state would stop by to get a Melvin's burger. What made it so good? Glad you asked ! The meat was brought over from the Red and White Grocery store a couple hundred feet away during the day so you always had the freshest hamburger. And Pat kept it simple you could get a burger or hot dog but not a cheese burger ! No cheese. And you got a bag of chips and a drink with it. Pat would grab a handful of hamburger meat and make a patty and they would serve them from 7:30 pm til 6 pm Moday - Saturday. I have been in Greensboro for 20 plus years but I still think about the great burgers I had for breakfast on my way to high school and then on my way to college classes in the morning.
The place is under new owners and I was told they no longer buy the meat from the Red and White so it may not be as good as it once was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT