ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Russell drafted #157 by Tampa Bay

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Congrats and good luck!

My best memory of Michael will always be the Twitter exchange with Scotty McCreery.
Just threw your face away in the trash #botime

An all-time great.

Congrats and good luck!

My best memory of Michael will always be the Twitter exchange with Scotty McCreery.
Haven't heard of this. Can you explain further RH.

Originally posted by UNCWayno:
Congrats and good luck!

Haven't heard of this. Can you explain further RH.
Happy to.

You might remember that NCSUcks made the College World Series last year and faced UNC in the first game. Scott McCreery, who is a Wolfpack fan (and student, I believe) tweeted some message of support that said Beat UNC or something like that.

Russell responded, saying he thought McCreery was a singer, not a comedian.

McCreery shot back, saying the only funny thing were Russell's at-bats against Carlos Rodon when the two teams played that epic 18-inning game in the ACC tournament (Russell went 0-7 with 3 strikeouts). McCreery also took a shot at the number of Twitter followers Russell had, because that's what egotistical pricks do.

I'll let Russell's response speak for itself:

---------------------------

@ScottyMcCreery
I recall us winning that game in Durham. Afterwards we celebrated at bojangles where I threw away your face #BoTime

---------------------------

roll.r191677.gif

It probably won't surprise you to know that McCreery backed off after that, probably because his handlers and PR people told him it wasn't good for his image to engage in Twitter wars. Also, it's pretty hard to recover from a burn that good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT