ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi State-UNC Winners Bracket Game Thread

I'm guessing at some point tonight they're going to flashback to the 1989 regional where we took out Will Clark & the Bulldogs in Starkville.

It is time for the Miss St luck to run out. Yes, you make your own luck by continuing to do what you are supposed to do, but sometimes you just do not get the breaks.

Because MSU is a traditional SEC power that has looked great so far in the post-season, none of our guys will look past the Bully Boys.

How late will they let game start with early game rain delay?

I just looked at CWS web page. Says it is still raining there.

Reactions: osjr
I have never understood why the World Series is not held in a less rainy environment. I know, I know - tradition. But, It seems every year we have rain delays and cancellations with weather patterns that are not unusual for that neck of the woods. Why not have built the stadium in a more user friendly weather local? Seems like trying to play the Super Bowl outdoors in Green Bay ever year.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC71-00
I have never understood why the World Series is not held in a more less rainy environment. I know, I know - tradition. But, It seems every year we have rain delays and cancellations with weather patterns that are not unusual for that neck of the woods. Why not have built the stadium in a more user friendly weather local? Seems like trying to play the Super Bowl outdoors in Green Bay ever year.

No kidding. It's all about traditions and the way the city embraces the event. San Diego would be a good place weather wise.

Reactions: heelpharm
I have never understood why the World Series is not held in a more less rainy environment. I know, I know - tradition. But, It seems every year we have rain delays and cancellations with weather patterns that are not unusual for that neck of the woods. Why not have built the stadium in a more user friendly weather local? Seems like trying to play the Super Bowl outdoors in Green Bay ever year.

Because the NCAA really is the bunch of idiots that we all assume them to be.

It is 7:03 Central time now. Our game can't start until 55 minutes after the OSU-UDub game ends. If that game does not end until 8:05, then our game will not start until 9.

We better be prepared mentally for all 3 possibilities: we play game tonight and do not get through until near or after midnight (central); we start playing tonight but must finish the game tomorrow; we do not play until tomorrow.

Hate be be a worry wart here but if you look at the weather report over the next few days it looks this is going to be a wet Series. Cue up my previous post about the weather and the location.
BUT, as long as the Heels win the Championship I'll be happy if it takes a month to finish the season!!!

No kidding. It's all about traditions and the way the city embraces the event. San Diego would be a good place weather wise.
If it were to ever leave Omaha, they would come to the east because of TV time.

I assume without OSU- WASH going extras (doesn't look likely) or more weather the game will get played. We just may all miss work to watch it! LOL

If it were to ever leave Omaha, they would come to the east because of TV time.
Posted on OOTB... It has been in Omaha since 1950 and in 2009 signed a 25 year extension to stay until 2035.

I think part of it is what Triple A team whose stadium seats 23,000+ and whose city embraces the CWS would be willing to have to be on the road for 2 weeks in the middle of the season... Could be difficult to find a match

Reactions: tarheel0910
Worst case scenario! Now, I miss tomorrow's game and Friday's game because of work. CRAP!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT