ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch declares for NFL draft

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
Good luck to you!!!! I will follow your career with great interest.

I think you will be a GOOD one

Malik hurts himself in this scenario by waiting til late Spring to make his decision.

Sources say so, however I can imagine us not taking him if it comes down to it.. I wonder if they will take another look at Anthony Ratliff-Williams at QB in the spring too

Cannot blame a guy for taking this opportunity. Best of luck, Mitch, and thank you for being a Tar Heel.

Absolutely, got to go if you are a first rounder. However, it sucks losing 98.6% of our offense from last year. 2017 is going to be bad.

Some of the players said in the Spring that they felt Mitch would blow up and declare for the draft. Good for him. Hope he lands in a good situation.

Some of the players said in the Spring that they felt Mitch would blow up and declare for the draft. Good for him. Hope he lands in a good situation.

I hope he goes with the last pick of the 1st round to the Pittsburgh Steelers. That would of course mean that we won the Super Bowl. Then he could back Ben up for a couple years until he retires, & take over the reins.

I hope he goes with the last pick of the 1st round to the Pittsburgh Steelers. That would of course mean that we won the Super Bowl. Then he could back Ben up for a couple years until he retires, & take over the reins.

He is Cleveland bound.

With every so-called NFL guru stating that Mitch is a sure first rounder, he had to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak...

He will definitely be missed next season, but look forward to following his NFL career which could begin as a 49er with a new head coach, since San Fran has the 2nd pick in the upcoming draft?....Would be surprised to see Kaperprick remain with the 49ers even with a new contract because his actions has drawn a lot of unneeded attention that had nothing to do with football....Although, his teammates did give him some kind of season-ending award for his heroic kneeling before the national anthem this year, so maybe the 49ers wouldn't be a good fit for MT if Kaperprick remains with the team?....Right now, they are my least favorite team in the NFL, and was glad to see them lose all the games they did....Of course, I'm a veteran who believes that a lot of veterans have died for that flag, and that it should not be disrespected in any way, shape or form, but that's just a personal opinion...Personally, I watched a whole lot less of the NFL this year once the kneeling began, and am not sure that I will watch a lot of it next season either if the disrespect for our country continues from some of those entitled NFL players who choose to kneel for our national anthem, and I'm sure that I'm not the only veteran that feels that way?

Read where Mitch has always wanted to be a Cleveland Brown, but their offensive line is so terrible that the QB position is seemingly a revolving-door with one injury after another to their QBs....Not sure that I would want to jeopardize my whole NFL career by playing for the Browns, but maybe their O-line will improve in the future, and Mitch of course is from Ohio, so maybe he will get his life long wish to wear the Orange and Brown colors, next season?

I wish nothing but the best for Mitch at the next level regardless of where he lands, and would like to thank him for his outstanding play as a Tar Heel!

Good luck Mitch!

Absolutely the best decision the kid could make, way to much to risk coming back, exactly the same thing I feel about Hood. As a fan I will miss them both but it is the decision I would want my son to make if in the same situation.

Now go be NFL stars !!!

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Somewhat surprised that people aren't talking more about Trubisky since he's the leader in the clubhouse to go #1 overall per the Browns most recent comments.

Also - he has now requested that teams call him Mitchell instead of Mitch. Seems a little odd.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Somewhat surprised that people aren't talking more about Trubisky since he's the leader in the clubhouse to go #1 overall per the Browns most recent comments.

Also - he has now requested that teams call him Mitchell instead of Mitch. Seems a little odd.
I thought they were going to take that DT with the first pick? If he goes to the browns he'll be out of the league within four years. They will kill his career.

They're strongly considering taking Mitchell #1. It's been in the papers.

Could just be posturing though, I hope so for Mitchell's sake. That report didn't come out until after the report that said the Patriots wouldn't be moving Garoppolo.

The talking heads around here think the Pats report was to drive up the price of Jimmy (as in, you really gotta Wow us to move him), which the Browns countered with by trying to drive the price down on Jimmy by saying "F that, we're prepared to take a QB #1 overall if your price is too high".

I feel bad because I like both guys, and really don't want either to go have their career die in Cleveland. The Pats will be well compensated if it's Jimmy, and it'll look good for UNC if Mitchell goes #1 overall, so there's upside to both scenarios at least.

Could just be posturing though, I hope so for Mitchell's sake. That report didn't come out until after the report that said the Patriots wouldn't be moving Garoppolo.

The talking heads around here think the Pats report was to drive up the price of Jimmy (as in, you really gotta Wow us to move him), which the Browns countered with by trying to drive the price down on Jimmy by saying "F that, we're prepared to take a QB #1 overall if your price is too high".

I feel bad because I like both guys, and really don't want either to go have their career die in Cleveland. The Pats will be well compensated if it's Jimmy, and it'll look good for UNC if Mitchell goes #1 overall, so there's upside to both scenarios at least.
The Pats are asking way too much for JG, IMHO. And I think they're intentionally doimg so because they still want him to eventually succeed GOAT

They're strongly considering taking Mitchell #1. It's been in the papers.
It's crazy how much the browns manage to screw themselves. They have holes at almost every spot on the field. How about get a line and some good skill guys in place before you draft the most important position in all of sports. If state was a NFL football team, they would be the browns.

It's crazy how much the browns manage to screw themselves. They have holes at almost every spot on the field. How about get a line and some good skill guys in place before you draft the most important position in all of sports. If state was a NFL football team, they would be the browns.
I hear what you're saying but in the NFL, you HAVE to have a QB. You're going nowhere if you don't. Look at the Rams. They've had the best defensive line in the league for 3 seasons, and they haven't managed a winning seasons because they have no QB.

It sucks for team building when you're in a situation like the Browns are in, but you gotta double down and keep trying to find that QB. You can't move on until you do.

He ran within a hundreth of a second of Watson in the 40. I don't see how it's even a close comparison at this point.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
He ran within a hundreth of a second of Watson in the 40. I don't see how it's even a close comparison at this point.
Only thing people can point to to elevate Watson over Trubisky is the two Alabama games. The rest of it is all intangible stuff like "he just gets it" or "he's just a winner." Mitchell has all the talents and attributes DW does.

Reactions: uncboy10
The best thing that could happen for Mitch and UNC would be for the Browns to draft him at #1 and then trade him and the 12th pick to the Pats for Garoppolo. That would work out great for Mitch. It could turn into a Rodgers/Favre situation where Mitch learns from a hall of famer for 3-4 years and has a real good shot at being a top tier QB in the league.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
The best thing that could happen for Mitch and UNC would be for the Browns to draft him at #1 and then trade him and the 12th pick to the Pats for Garoppolo. That would work out great for Mitch. It could turn into a Rodgers/Favre situation where Mitch learns from a hall of famer for 3-4 years and has a real good shot at being a top tier QB in the league.

I assume a bunch of picks would have to be going back to the Browns in that scenario. I doubt they'd trade essentially #1 and #12 for Garoppolo straight up. I also think the Patriots would rather have a passrusher like Garrett or Allen than Trubisky if they could pick who the Browns were taking at #1.

It definitely would be nice to have Mitchell learning behind, and eventually taking the reigns from, Brady though. Maybe something like that comes to fruition.

Not sure why the Pats would do that, unless they don't think JG can hack is as Brady's successor.

Not sure why the Pats would do that, unless they don't think JG can hack is as Brady's successor.

Ya, the issue here is that JG is only under contract through this upcoming season. So the Patriots either need to deal him now, or franchise him at the end of the next two seasons (which is massive money to be paying a backup QB, but it would buy them 3 years of Brady and then they'd have Jimmy after that) - otherwise they'll lose him for nothing at the end of this season.

Alternatively, maybe the Patriots deal Brady to the Browns for #1 and #33 this year, and then their 1st and 3rd round picks next year. And then they draft Trubisky at #12 to learn under Brady. That's an awful lot for the Browns to pay for a QB to tutor what they hope to be their future QB, but hey - the Browns are known for making stupid decisions. It'd be more likely that a team that was just a QB away from being good would send that ransom to the Patriots for Brady (Houston, KC, etc.)

I said the best thing for Mitch and UNC, not what the teams would want. If the Browns really want Garoppolo then that would be a perfect trade for Mitch and UNC. I doubt it matters if they think Garoppolo can replace him. Belichick is ruthless. He would trade anyone if he thought there was a slight chance it would be beneficial.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Calling him Mitchell is like being that friend that lets you go with food in your teeth all night without telling you.

Calling him Mitchell is like being that friend that lets you go with food in your teeth all night without telling you.
Lol it does seem a bit nerdy, but if the man wants to go by Mitchell, I got no problem with it. You have grown ass men in sports that choose to go by the name:
- Freddie (Freeman, Atlanta Braves)
- Johnny (tons of examples... Venters, for one)
- Tommy (tons of examples)

and plenty other names I would deem to be "childish" names or too formal, so Mitch can definitely go by Mitchell. I give it the TarHeelNation11 stamp of approval.

Lol it does seem a bit nerdy, but if the man wants to go by Mitchell, I got no problem with it. You have grown ass men in sports that choose to go by the name:
- Freddie (Freeman, Atlanta Braves)
- Johnny (tons of examples... Venters, for one)
- Tommy (tons of examples)

and plenty other names I would deem to be "childish" names or too formal, so Mitch can definitely go by Mitchell. I give it the TarHeelNation11 stamp of approval.

I just think Mitch sounds cooler in front of his last name lol

And to me Mitchell is more like going by Johnathan, Thomas or Matthew.

possible smoke screen by the nfl team from ohio

first, this morning, they want to trade the #12 and plus whatever to move up...now they are saying mitch could be the #1 pick.

i wouldn't do any of that, but whatever.

^ wouldn't be shocked if they take Trubisky first overall, if they really like him. John Lynch might have to treat Shanahan like Jerry Jones and tie him up with rope so that he won't draft a QB at #2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT