ADVERTISEMENT

Mock Drafts

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
Since DraftExpress got absorbed by ESPN, my only site is NBAdraft.net. Can anyone link others worth looking at? Preferably with no subscription required.

Anyway, the early mock of 2018 is fairly interesting.

6 from foreign countries
5 Dookies - all first round; 4 of them freshmen
5 from Kentucky - 4 in the first round
4 from Kansas - all in the 2nd round
3 from Gonzaga - 2 in the 1st round
3 from Arizona - 1 in the 1st round
2 from MSU - both in the 1st round

4 others from the ACC - Miami (1st round), NC State, Louisville, and Ga Tech.

I noticed Jalek isn't on it. That may start change though as he gets early playing time with Berry out. It wouldn't necessarily mean he's leaving, but draft "experts" would think it's possible, especially if he plays well from the start.

I noticed Jalek isn't on it. That may start change though as he gets early playing time with Berry out. It wouldn't necessarily mean he's leaving, but draft "experts" would think it's possible, especially if he plays well from the start.
Yep. Visibility is important.

Another good reason to start Seventh. ;)

The only way Joel makes the first round is if the Heels winning another title. Otherwise, he is a late second round pick.

Yep. Visibility is important.

Another good reason to start Seventh. ;)

Ha. I agree.

I really hope to see Theo and Joel get some respect in the mocks this season.

Doubt that happens. I think both could potentially help an NBA team but I'm not sure either gets drafted. However, Frank mason got drafted late last year so there's hope for Berry. Pinson will have to shoot 40% from 3 this year to be draftable.

We should post the original mock drafts at the beginning of the season. Then re-post the actual draft.

Then maybe some people would not put as much stock in these crappy mocks outside of the top 7 picks.

I see Joel struggling to survive much like Marcus in the NBA. With the size on the floor in that league Joel will have a tough time on the defensive end. As far as Pinson, I love him to death, but for him to have any chance he must drastically improve his offensive game and probably needs to put on some pounds. I don't see him being drafted, and that might be a blessing, as then he can pick his team as a free agent where his talents may give him a chance.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Ha. I agree.

Doubt that happens. I think both could potentially help an NBA team but I'm not sure either gets drafted. However, Frank mason got drafted late last year so there's hope for Berry. Pinson will have to shoot 40% from 3 this year to be draftable.
Frank Mason is a very good comparison, imo. Similar size, energy and skills. Main diff between Mason as a senior and Berry as a junior is 3-pt percentage. That's where JB needs to improve. He knows it. We all know it. I hope he can do it.

Mason as a junior shot 38.2% from deep. That's exactly what Berry shot. But Mason jumped to 47.1% as a senior. I don't think Joel needs to improve that much, but low-40s are probably needed to get drafted along with general year-over-year improvements in other areas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT