ADVERTISEMENT

More Problems at Penn State

Franklin needs to go if any of this is true.
My brother the Vandy guy is not surprised at this. He knows that Franklin was great at winning at Vandy, but he says that Franklin ran a ship that allowed players to run wild as long as they won. Franklin left as Vandy football faced a gang rape trial.

Reactions: MWHeels
My brother the Vandy guy is not surprised at this. He knows that Franklin was great at winning at Vandy, but he says that Franklin ran a ship that allowed players to run wild as long as they won. Franklin left as Vandy football faced a gang rape trial.

I remember there was something going at Vanderbilt around the time he left. This will be a career killer if the allegations are true.

I’m surprised to hear this. If true, why in the world would PSU hire him? One would think they would be extra cautious in picking a HC after the Sandusky scandal.

I’m surprised to hear this. If true, why in the world would PSU hire him? One would think they would be extra cautious in picking a HC after the Sandusky scandal.
I think 4 players eventually got convicted. And trial testimony indicated that as many as 40 players may have seen video of the gang rape within a half a day, with none of them going to authorities. It was easily the worst thing ever for Vandy sports, with no close second. And Franklin scooted off.

Why would Penn State then want Franklin? In a gallows humor frame of mind I answer that question this way: Penn St people were happy that at least it wasn't boys being raped.

Franklin wins, but I do not think he cares a jot about players being brutes and criminals off the field, unless they get caught.

I think 4 players eventually got convicted. And trial testimony indicated that as many as 40 players may have seen video of the gang rape within a half a day, with none of them going to authorities. It was easily the worst thing ever for Vandy sports, with no close second. And Franklin scooted off.

Why would Penn State then want Franklin? In a gallows humor frame of mind I answer that question this way: Penn St people were happy that at least it wasn't boys being raped.

Franklin wins, but I do not think he cares a jot about players being brutes and criminals off the field, unless they get caught.
Wow is all I can say! WTF was the AD at Penn State thinking? If there's blowback and Franklin gets fired, the AD should be fired too.

If he was at the level of Meyer or Saban, I can maybe see why the AD would ignore the off-field issues. But Franklin isn't even close to them. He can get 8-9 a year, but rarely contends for conference or national titles. Very overrated IMO.

Just unbelievable that this kind of behavior is STILL apparently going on at Penn State.....

If any of the coaching staff knew of this, they have to go.... Especially if that person on the coaching staff, is the man at the top, namely James Franklin....

Using Sandusky;s name in any way, shape or form as an example of anything at Penn State, is an example that the lesson learned from that whole disgusting episode of Penn State Football while Sandusky was there; was NEVER really learned.....

I personally doubt that anything will happen based on how long it actually took Penn State to get rid of Sandusky, or even admit that they had a problem while he was there....

A lot of morally bankrupt people still around the football program, it seems....

From what I've read so far, there is only one lawsuit/plaintiff and an anonymous tip by someone who the plaintiff's attorney says wasn't his client. This case will likely rely on others coming forward to corroborate the plaintiff's story since there doesn't seem to be hard evidence of a crime. Assuming the allegations are true, will any other players choose to break rank?

Penn State's football program should have been permanently eliminated because of the decades of covering up for a pedophile. If any school ever earned a death penalty, it is Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT