ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Tar Heels '22-'23

SJung honest question, are you a UNC fan and he just gives you heck? Or are y’all buddies? What gives? Or are you a duke fan, idc because I personally think you give and have some good knowledge.

@SJung851 is knowledgeable poaster that usually gives good, honest takes. Some here don’t like him because he’s not always pumping the sunshine some here need to continuously read.

As far as I know, he’s a UNC fan. But frankly, I don’t care if he is or isn’t.

SJung honest question, are you a UNC fan and he just gives you heck? Or are y’all buddies? What gives? Or are you a duke fan, idc because I personally think you give and have some good knowledge.
I’m a UNC fan. They’re the school I most care about when they win or lose. A distant second place is who I have money on.

The biggest difference between me and most is I don’t really care about Duke either way unless we’re playing them. I would rather them not win a National Championship but that’s about it.

I also watch a lot of NBA and once guys go to the NBA, I tend to stop caring where they played in college. I want UNC guys to do better in the NBA because I think it helps UNC.

Regarding @FlaTarHeel, a lot of it is obviously trolling at him because he goes at me, lol. Typically I stay away from it and maybe I should. But sometimes it’s hard to resist, lol.

Reactions: alabamaheel
I’m a UNC fan. They’re the school I most care about when they win or lose. A distant second place is who I have money on.

The biggest difference between me and most is I don’t really care about Duke either way unless we’re playing them. I would rather them not win a National Championship but that’s about it.

I also watch a lot of NBA and once guys go to the NBA, I tend to stop caring where they played in college. I want UNC guys to do better in the NBA because I think it helps UNC.

Regarding @FlaTarHeel, a lot of it is obviously trolling at him because he goes at me, lol. Typically I stay away from it and maybe I should. But sometimes it’s hard to resist, lol.
Thanks for the response. I’m with you on a lot of that. Hard to pull against some kids from other schools especially when they only go for one year and they are good in the nba.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Thanks for the response. I’m with you on a lot of that. Hard to pull against some kids from other schools especially when they only go for one year and they are good in the nba.
SDung is a troll who will take backhanded shots at UNC program and players every chance he gets while pretending to be some expert. If you haven't seen that it's because you were either not paying attention or too stupid to read between the lines.

SDung is a troll who will take backhanded shots at UNC program and players every chance he gets while pretending to be some expert. If you haven't seen that it's because you were either not paying attention or too stupid to read between the lines.
I don’t think I take backhanded shots at UNC. Any shot I take, I’m pretty direct and transparent about.

The stars have been so bright they have been blinding in these playoffs, top notch performances in abundance. I enjoy seeing the best of the best step it up. Regardless of where he went to college, Jayson Tatum's game 7 performance was a masterpiece !!!

The stars have been so bright they have been blinding in these playoffs, top notch performances in abundance. I enjoy seeing the best of the best step it up. Regardless of where he went to college, Jayson Tatum's game 7 performance was a masterpiece !!!
Have to agree with you on Tatum's performance in Game 7, it was outstanding. Have trended away from the NBA over the past several years, but did decide to catch this game.

LeBron also having a vintage performance to close out the Warriors was fun. Year 20, on a foot that probably needs surgery and still doing his thing. Incredible.

Jokic vs Anthony Davis should be really good. One of the most athletically gifted big men in NBA history against a guy who can’t jump over a phone book who is probably the best player in the NBA. Lol. What a world

I know peeps slot me in the "sunshine Brigade" and I am to a degree! I believe there is a positive spin to most things and that peeps usually find what they are looking for! I really have no problem with peeps who have honest criticism of my beloved Family, but I do notice when it is unfounded or over the top AND I notice when some never have anything positive to say. I also love to debate peeps who differ from me, but only if they use intelligence or facts. Just like most, I am unlikely to change my viewpoint, but I can respect peeps right to believe differently than me! For me to be right, nobody has to be wrong!

I believe SDung is a troll, but he does have some good insight at times to share! I think he has a good bball mind and knows the game but I have never seen him say anything positive about UNC without being sarcastic, snide, backhanded, or immediately followed by something negative! If I am right, he is the most subtle and persistent troll in history! If I'm wrong, I still love playing with the name, the jokes write themselves! Troll are as Trolls do, Mrs. Jenkins!

I believe SDung is a troll, but he does have some good insight at times to share! I think he has a good bball mind and knows the game but I have never seen him say anything positive about UNC without being sarcastic, snide, backhanded, or immediately followed by something negative! If I am right, he is the most subtle and persistent troll in history! If I'm wrong, I still love playing with the name, the jokes write themselves! Troll are as Trolls do, Mrs. Jenkins!
Eh... I don't really care much, but I find it funny people will joke about my name and troll me that way... Yet, I'm the troll.

Also, there was nothing positive to say about the team last year. Blame them, don't blame me. And sorry, I didn't think we were Tyler Nickel minutes away from being good. And I didn't think Dmarco Dunn was a Jrue Holiday type 2-way player. If that makes me anti-UNC, then oh well. lol.

Cam Johnson maybe the hottest name on the FA market this summer and Mikal Bridges is not happy at the thought of losing his wing mate. @dtodd4475

Cam Johnson maybe the hottest name on the FA market this summer and Mikal Bridges is not happy at the thought of losing his wing mate. @dtodd4475

He is a restricted free agent. The negative of entering the league late. He will get 4 years 90 million area, but a sign and trade will be the only way he moves. 27 years old now his next 4 is still in his prime. Open market he could garner more.

He is a restricted free agent. The negative of entering the league late. He will get 4 years 90 million area, but a sign and trade will be the only way he moves. 27 years old now his next 4 is still in his prime. Open market he could garner more.
He can sign an offer sheet with any team. The Nets can match if they want. Wouldn't surprise me to see a team overpay for him.

Just to name a few guys and what they make yearly.
Cam is better than all of them.
Ben Simmons(35 mil)
D'Angelo Russell(31 mil)
Tobias Harris(37 mil)
Gordon Heyward(30 mil)

Ben Simmons(35 mil)
D'Angelo Russell(31 mil)
Tobias Harris(37 mil)
Gordon Heyward(30 mil)
Ben Simmons got a rookie max contract when he was like an 17/8/8 guy and D’Angelo Russell got 30M from the Warriors after he was a 21/7 all star with the Nets.

Tobias was a failure on the part of the 76ers. And MJ signed Gordon Hayward so of course that was an idiotic contract.

It’s easy to look at Simmons and Russell now and say Cam should get paid more than them. But at the time Simmons and Russell got paid, they were legitimately all star level players on playoff teams.

I’m not sure if Cam has ever been better than any of those four guys at their peak. Maybe Tobias but even he was a 20 PPG guy right before he hit UFA.

Reactions: dtodd4475
Ben Simmons(35 mil)
D'Angelo Russell(31 mil)
Tobias Harris(37 mil)
Gordon Heyward(30 mil)
Cam is 27 and still a restricted free agent. He has worth should get 22 to 24 or so over his next 4 before hitting true free agency when he will be 31, and a harder sell for the next 4 year contract.

All of those were younger and more productive when they were on the market. Interesting that Ben Simmons is mentioned. A potential sign and trade being tossed around is Cam for DeMar DeRozen with the damaged goods of Simmons and Lonzo Ball exchanged as well as a must for the Nets.

Cam is 27 and still a restricted free agent. He has worth should get 22 to 24 or so over his next 4 before hitting true free agency when he will be 31, and a harder sell for the next 4 year contract.
I keep forgetting Cam is 27. I think D’Angelo Russell is 27 and it feels he’s been in the league for 15 years.

Ben Simmons(35 mil)
D'Angelo Russell(31 mil)
Tobias Harris(37 mil)
Gordon Heyward(30 mil)
Mikal Bridges got 4 years, $90 mil. He and Cam are affectionately called the Twins. Bridges has definitely been the better player. I think he definitely set the perceived ceiling for what Cam could get.

Reactions: dtodd4475
I’d disagree VC > Tatum.
Carter was an athletic marvel ( especially at that time)…but Tatum I’d pick Tatum over him every time.
Tatum will probably end up going down as the better player. Guessing Tatum will win a ring, probably win an MVP and make more all NBA teams when his career is over.

But right now, Tatum has to accomplish those things before we say he’s better than Carter.

Reactions: pittsburghheel
Mikal Bridges got 4 years, $90 mil. He and Cam are affectionately called the Twins. Bridges has definitely been the better player. I think he definitely set the perceived ceiling for what Cam could get.
Agreed, but Cam may get to Bridges level, but he's not there yet. Not sure I will look it up, how old Mikal is? I do agree Cam looks like a 4 year 90 million contract. But as a restricted free agent any movement will be a sign and trade, unless someone wants to overpay to push Brooklyn's hand. Cam is a hot commodity, in his prime, but unfortunately he is still restricted at his advanced age to be in his prime and still restricted.

Tatum will probably end up going down as the better player. Guessing Tatum will win a ring, probably win an MVP and make more all NBA teams when his career is over.

But right now, Tatum has to accomplish those things before we say he’s better than Carter.

@FlaTarHeel - I agree VC is more than an athlete…but he will always be know first for his David Thompson like athletic ability and secondly for his longevity.

Carter played for 9 teams…and never the same team again. How many first ballot guys were journeyman?
Tatum still has a lot of work to do to pass Vince’s overall body of work…but he has already achieved something VC never did- First team All NBA.

Dookies rarely win NBA Championship rings (8 total rings in 77 NBA seasons.) No dookie has ever won an MVP.
Eh, he’s made at least the conference finals 4x in 6 NBA seasons. I think he’s more likely to win a ring than not unless he runs into injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT