ADVERTISEMENT

Need you help board coaches

Mrs.Jeans15

Freshman
Dec 31, 2021
Im formally knowns as @jeans15.

Posted my son before. He is now 15.

I need help getting rid of a kink in his right leg when he shoots. Any tips would be greatly appreciate. I've tried several things but it's not working.

This is him practicing 3 point shots off the dribble.

Im formally knowns as @jeans15.

Posted my son before. He is now 15.

I need help getting rid of a kink in his right leg when he shoots. Any tips would be greatly appreciate. I've tried several things but it's not working.

This is him practicing 3 point shots off the dribble.

Actuaily, the "kink" itself doesn't bother me --- the step before that is the issue I see.
I lost count (sorry), but somewhere around his 4th or 5th shot his footwork is solid and on-balance, thus no surprise he hits 3 in a row there.
What I'm seeing on the more awkward looking attempts is in getting to his shooting base (which isn't really a problem itself IMO) he gets himself wrong-footed on the way.
The old camp drill is repeating one-bounce power steps (right) and cross-over steps (left) into shooting position (but not shooting). From there, start shooting off of them. Once the muscle-memory takes, practice pull-up footwork in both directions off multiple dribbles (again without actually shooting) until he gets it right on-balance consistently (without shuffling), then add the shot.
Hope that helps :).

Last edited:
Actuaily, the "kink" itself doesn't bother me --- the step before that is the issue I see.
I lost count (sorry), but somewhere around his 4th or 5th shot his footwork is solid and on-balance, thus no surprise he hits 3 in a row there.
What I'm seeing on the more awkward looking attempts is in getting to his shooting base (which isn't really a problem IMO) he gets himself wrong-footed on the way.
The old camp drill is repeating one-bounce power steps (right) and cross-over steps (left) into shooting position (but not shooting). From there, start shooting off of them. Once the muscle-memory takes, practice pull-up footwork in both directions off multiple dribbles (again without actually shooting) until he gets it right on-balance consistently (without shuffling), then add the shot.
Hope that helps :).

Thank you very much. I see what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary-7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT