ADVERTISEMENT

New SI article by Gartland

Tom79

Hall of Famer
Dec 2, 2002
Interesting what the FBI has that goes way beyond Miller & his associate.
Closes the article with "if your team had a #1 pick in the last three years be very worried."

That quote would include UK, LSU and Washington...make it the last four years and KU comes into the picture...

Last edited:
Actually, the quote is...

“If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried."

That’s much different and includes a lot of programs....including UNC.

As our friends who blame the rayuffs say... Ahem " them there chickens is comin home to roost!"
But seriously if you listen to k's and self's reactions to the initial fall out they both sound like men who are not innocent, with phrases like we have to make sure we do better, or the affable we have to make sure it never happens again.... Hmm why not be like Roy and say I'm very comfortable with where we stand. We are not involved. Two very different takes on the F.B.I probe

I will bet a dollar to a nickel that Bubba, Roy and staff know exactly where the shoe money is going, every dang penny.
No bag men on our staff. No knuckleheads. No hangers on. No posses.
I understand what you are saying pin but after the last decade....
raiders post kinda spells out the obvious.

Reactions: itstartedwithmj
Can’t stand UK but if there was a kid from there that took money or was bought I would guess it wouldn’t be him. Never know though. This whole thing has me scared. I know we like to think and say our coaches and players wouldn’t do that kinda thing but it still scares me.

Can’t stand UK but if there was a kid from there that took money or was bought I would guess it wouldn’t be him. Never know though. This whole thing has me scared. I know we like to think and say our coaches and players wouldn’t do that kinda thing but it still scares me.
The thing about towns was that calipari had a lot of unfair advantages recruiting him because he had trips down there to see him before anyone even knew about him.

The thing about towns was that calipari had a lot of unfair advantages recruiting him because he had trips down there to see him before anyone even knew about him.

Yea, you guys give us Duke fans a hard time about K coaching the USA team lol. But Cal (an American) goes and coaches the Dominican team so that he can land Towns......now that's desperate.

Yea, you guys give us Duke fans a hard time about K coaching the USA team lol. But Cal (an American) goes and coaches the Dominican team so that he can land Towns......now that's desperate.
The main reason K is the Olympic coach is because 3 Tar Heels helped put him there. Dean Smith, Larry Brown and Michael

That shows how much confidence you have in Roy and his staff.He was very confident through the whole NCAA crap with UNC, but a lot of you still had your doubts then.Roy has proven he is one of the few out there that has stayed clean,how many times does he have to prove it?

That shows how much confidence you have in Roy and his staff.He was very confident through the whole NCAA crap with UNC, but a lot of you still had your doubts then.Roy has proven he is one of the few out there that has stayed clean,how many times does he have to prove it?
It's not about Roy and the staff staying clean. It's the people outside of his control that should cause concern.

Like the family members....what? Why no son, we haven't received any shoe money, how is your new car mom & I bought you doing?

And that’s the thing that most of you don’t get, it’s not just Roy! It could be an assistant or anyone on staff. I love my Tar Heels just like all of you but to say I don’t think we got lucky with the whole Academic thing would be a lie. I think we dodged a huge bullet and I hope our team, coaches and school are smart enough not to do anything like that again. That’s just my opinion.

I'm not worried. I'm confident Roy & his assistants are innocent. It's not like we've been racking up on top recruits in recent years. I don't think the few top recruits we've gotten could be bought. JJax immediately comes to mind. I don't think there's a chance in hades that he could have been bought. If anyone outside the program is guilty, they should no longer have access to our team.

I will accept anything, as long as all teams who have bought players are punished. Paying for players &/or getting them admitted due to underhanded circumstances needs to end. If the players want to be paid, there are other avenues to pursue. I'd like to see a level playing field in college basketball that allowed amateur athletes only.

Reactions: Psycho09
How long will the wait be for this information to come out?

Up to 50 Division I programs could face repercussions, according to the report, with the darkest cloud hanging over next month’s NCAA tournament. It’s possible the winning school will end up having to vacate its title and a number of other programs their appearances.

Gonna make for a very weird Tournament. The winner may not be known for months :eek:

Last edited:
NC State and dook Getty ng ready to go down... Don't think Tony Bradley would be at UNC if he took money coach dismissed hairston because of that. But NC State refusing to comment and not return calls says ruhroh!!! Ditto for dook
Agreed. Could be Bradley had dinner with him, he’s a agent correct, while he was deciding to enter the draft.

But seriously if you listen to k's and self's reactions to the initial fall out they both sound like men who are not innocent, with phrases like we have to make sure we do better, or the affable we have to make sure it never happens again.... Hmm why not be like Roy and say I'm very comfortable with where we stand. We are not involved. Two very different takes on the F.B.I probe

It is kinda funny when you consider Roy's initial reaction, he didn't know much about this, and now his strong statement that we were not involved compared to k's? K's initial reaction was some mumbo jumbo about square pegs in round holes and how college basketball needed to be fixed? Honestly, I was not aware that college basketball was broken and in dire need of fixing, other than the illegal stuff not being accepted as the norm. Kalipari talked for a while but really still not sure what he said, Self I guess must need an introduction the the players he has on his team because clearly he does not know them? I will say this, Roy knew, he knew why he was missing on some recruits and he knew enough to not even engage with others, sorry but the truth is the truth, Roy just couldn't speak to it.

Folks, bottom line is this, if kids were being paid to commit to certain schools, there is virtually ZERO chance that the head coach did not know, now it may be near impossible to p4rove what one knew or didn't know and you MUST have proof of these things buit they knew folks, don't you ever believe they didn't. If we were involved, as much as I would hate to say it, Roy would have knew and will add, there is NOTHING that happens with that duke program that does not first get K's approval! It isn't just Capel at duke that is a problem for them, it is just as much Nate James!

Where or is there anything on a guy name ww wes who is an handler?? I know Coach Roy stayed away from him and got thinking why he stayed from his players.

And that’s the thing that most of you don’t get, it’s not just Roy! It could be an assistant or anyone on staff. I love my Tar Heels just like all of you but to say I don’t think we got lucky with the whole Academic thing would be a lie. I think we dodged a huge bullet and I hope our team, coaches and school are smart enough not to do anything like that again. That’s just my opinion.

What YOU don't get is attitude starts w/LEADERSHIP! I would truly bet the farm on Coach Williams and his staff's integrity.

Reactions: DSouthr
I’m sure several fans said the same thing about their team. Just never know! Until this is over I won’t sleep easy.

Desperate? I can’t stand Cal as much as the next guy but saying he’s desperate when it comes to recruiting makes you look silly. He’s had a top 2 class the last serval years I think.

Desperate? I can’t stand Cal as much as the next guy but saying he’s desperate when it comes to recruiting makes you look silly. He’s had a top 2 class the last serval years I think.
To be fair I think what 325 meant was Cal was desperate for no other big time bball school to really gain traction with KAT. That is why he was coaching some national Bahama team that included KAT.

Reactions: HermanT
While I trust Roy and staff implicitly, there is always a chance that a player or his family could be payed by an unscrupulous agent/agent wannabe or an AAU coach who wants to jump on the gravy train, without the coach's knowledge.

For instance, Maggette admitted that he received money from Myron Piggie while in high school. But the NCAA ruled that since they felt d00k knew nothing about it, d00k would escape any punishment. So it's a slippery slope.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/apr/02/sports/sp-ncaa2

To be fair I think what 325 meant was Cal was desperate for no other big time bball school to really gain traction with KAT. That is why he was coaching some national Bahama team that included KAT.

I don’t keep up with Cal or UK so I don’t know much about what he does and how he re recruits but you could be right. If Roy can get a player like that from doing that I hope he does it.

That would contradict what Tony and Dad experienced, pizza in the guys office for lunch AFTER he had declared.
Brice had the Carrabas dinner totaling $100.09 for three people.
Correct. I posted that waaaay before any info about Tony was made public.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT