ADVERTISEMENT

Nickel to announce today!

HE COMMETHHHHHHHHHHH
cant-trust.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
This may not mean squat to many here but this Nichel/Whitmore deal has worked out in a interesting way IMO. This is what I have been told, for a couple weeks before his visit to us there was this over all feel that Whitmore wanted UNC, to the extent there was a belief that he well commit on his visit. Hearing this Nichel shortly (day or 2) after Whitmore's visit to us was about ready to go ahead and commit to Va Tech, he wanted to see UNC but knew if Whitmore committed UNC our recruiting was done, at very least in regards to wings. But then Whitmore hesitated, Villanova pressed hard and decided he wanted to visit them (in part because he thought Nichel was about to commit to VT, so he had time). So Hubert made a call to Nichel and let him know, the spot is still yours if you want it. Kid made 1 and only 1 visit before visiting us and that was VT. He did have a in home monday after leaving us and he was willing to keep that because he said he would but Nichel let Hubert know he was not going to hesitate. Don't know if this is true but I was told that Nichel said, coach, you wouldn't want me to hesitate on the court so I am not going to hesitate now and that blew Hubert away.

I was told that when Hubert took his entire coaching staff to watch that game from Nichel, it totally blew Nichel away, it showed him how much that UNC staff and Hubert respected him and he thought he had lost his shot at playing for UNC, until Whitmore hesitated, he was not going to lose his spot a second time. So he leaves us Sunday, has a in home set for Monday, announces he will make his final decision Tuesday, and will let the whole world know that decision today at his school. Welcome to the UNC FAMILY!

So yeah, for me, I just think it is interesting how all of this has unfolded, I really thought we had lost this kid to VT and then all the sudden he is back and ready to tell the world a hour from now how much he wants to be a Tar Heel!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
That is a great get. He has the frame to hang a lot of muscle on. I hope he hits the weights and embraces the conditioning. He could be pretty special. Not incredible "bouncy" but neither was Maye and he was very effective. Love his shot form too.

That is a great get. He has the frame to hang a lot of muscle on. I hope he hits the weights and embraces the conditioning. He could be pretty special. Not incredible "bouncy" but neither was Maye and he was very effective. Love his shot form too.
Good thing is his lack of top end athleticism should mean he sticks around for awhile. Seems like a good get.

If he works as hard, represents the Family with as much fidelity, and is as good a team player as Platek, we will be very happy with Mr. Nickel! Great comparison, Sir!

I envision him being more like Dennis Scott though!
(What a great get if he reaches this level!)

Reactions: TheGLOV
Platek’s gone and you still feel the need to post that? Didn’t he get enough criticism when he was on the team?
Hey didn’t mean to step on your toes. I appreciate platek and the effort he gave just wasn’t the most gifted guy to ever wear the uniform. Wish him nothing but the best even if he is in the transfer portal. Probably will make a great coach one day.

Should we be concerned that Jalen Washington has dropped a lot (from 18 to 41) over the last month?
I think rankings are going to be hard to judge for a while because of the rona. Between not having as much practice and game time, players haven't been able to work on their game like normal and the ranking sites don't have as much to evaluate.

Actually, I was right. But it only lasted a blink of an eye. Was there another adjustment of the rankings?

Ah, Chris Livingston committed yesterday, too. And Shaedon Sharpe jumped up several slots.

In any case, we are 2nd, close behind UK today.
Uh still not close. At best a distant 3rd to Duke. On paper this class looks more 2017 than 2020.

On paper, this class looks like the building blocks to sustained excellence and looks like every need was filled by the perfect candidate!

Reactions: ChapelHeeled
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT