ADVERTISEMENT

No. 15 UNC host Davidson Wednesday

JohnGwaltney

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 30, 2011
CHAPEL HILL --- No. 15 North Carolina plays its final non-conference game before starting ACC competition Wednesday when the Tar Heels host in-state foe Davidson at 3 p.m. at Boshamer Stadium. Carolina has won six in a row after sweeping North Florida this weekend, while the Wildcats are 3-5 after dropping two out of three against Miami (Ohio) at home. Tickets are available at the Boshamer Stadium box office and at GoHeels.com.

http://northcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1616462

I agree. I understand why they do it early in the season, but it is impossible for most folks to attend or watch/listen online.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Might as well make this a game thread. I'll post updates as I'm able.

Paula gets the mid-week start for the Heels. After getting two quick outs he has allowed a hit and a walk to put two men on.

And the Davidson runner gets caught stealing 3rd base! Heels get out of an early pinch.

No score, B1.

Heels get an error to reach base followed by a fielder's choice for the first out. Then Michael Russell hits into a double play to end the inning. He has really struggled at the plate so far, it seems.

No score, T2.

Paula gives up two singles to start the inning before a ground out advances the runners to 2nd and 3rd. 1 out and the Heels are in another pinch.

Next batter with an 11-pitch at-bat before finally getting a sac fly. Runner scores from 3rd, other runner advances to 3rd.

1-0 Davidson, 2 outs.

The Heels score on a single and double in the bottom of the 2nd to tie the game at 1 apiece.

Reilly Hovis comes on in relief of Paula in the top of the 3rd. Hovis allows a single sandwiched between 3 strikeouts. Nice showing for him so far.

Heels have a runner on 1st with 1 out B3.

After an intentional walk to load the bases, pinch hitter Adrian Chacon singles to drive in a run. Bases still loaded, 1 out, Heels now lead 3-1 in the bottom of the 6th.

Sac fly drives in another run. Then Davidson notches a passed ball and an error. Heels score 2 unearned runs as a result and the score is now 6-1 UNC with a runner on 1st and 2 outs. Davidson coming apart here.

Big strikeout of Wood Myers to end the inning but the Heels get some insurance runs.

6-1 UNC T7.

Heels are threatening again and have loaded the bases with no outs.

New pitcher on for the Wildcats.

Big strikeout of Korey Dunbar on the full pitch count. Caught him looking.

Joe Dudek grounds out to 1st base but scores the runner. Heels now lead 7-3 with 2 outs, runners on 2nd and 3rd, B7.

Two walks and a throwing error put UNC runners on the corners with 1 out. Lassiter walks to load the bases.

Michael Russell gets a full count before popping out for the 2nd out of the inning. Skye Bolt to bat.

Trayner gives up a walk but gets two Ks and a groundout to end the game.

That's a wrap. Heels win 10-3.

UNC is now 8-3 on the season with a 7-game winning streak. Not sure what that 1-3 start was all about unless they were just trying to emulate start of conference play for the men's basketball team. ;)

Thanks for the game thread. I might be going to some of those games you noted in the buffet thread- if so, I will email to see if you want to catch up.

This post was edited on 3/5 6:49 PM by UNC71-00

Originally posted by UNC71-00:
Thanks for the game thread. I might be going to some of those games you noted in the buffet thread- if so, I will email to see if you want to catch up.

This post was edited on 3/5 6:49 PM by UNC71-00
Nice. After 10+ years posting on these boards I finally gave up on the idea of complete anonymity when I did the Belk Bowl tickets. Very cool to meet THN in person so I might as well meet some of you other regulars as well. You know where to find me....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT