ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Iowa vs UNC in the Bahamas game thread Wednesday 22 November 2023

Cadeau another jumper 91-69 final and the defense was the difference as the Tar Heels outscore Northern Iowa by 28 in the second half. Good to see Ryan and Withers contribute so much to the team in the second half. Team did not look tired at all and the full court and half court presses shook Northern Iowa up. At least 5 players in double digits…

Reactions: ThunderBox
Knocked down 3 balls, reestablished control of the glass, deadly from the free throw line, only 2 turnovers in the 2nd half. That is a recipe for sucess.

Picking up full court totally took Northern Iowa out of any rhythm offensively.

The key was defense and their ability to start hitting threes. This offense is predicated on being able to hit a three. Hopefully this will continue. If so, this could be a special team.

Knocked down 3 balls, reestablished control of the glass, deadly from the free throw line, only 2 turnovers in the 2nd half. That is a recipe for sucess.

Picking up full court totally took Northern Iowa out of any rhythm offensively.
Spot on DTodd !

Cadeau another jumper 91-69 final and the defense was the difference as the Tar Heels outscore Northern Iowa by 28 in the second half. Good to see Ryan and Withers contribute so much to the team in the second half. Team did not look tired at all and the full court and half court presses shook Northern Iowa up. At least 5 players in double digits…
Had 6 guys in double figures

I know very few fans have given Coach Davis much credit for some of his moves but there were three in the second half that turn this game around: Number one putting Ryan as the shooting guard and he responded with three straight hoops from downtown,

Number two starting Withers up front to help with the rebounding and to completely shut down Cone and Campbell and number three going into a full court press that shook Northern Iowa into a ton of turnovers including three time zone violations. I also liked how he gave Bacot so many breaks to get his second wind

Reactions: gauchoheel
We had 9 guys with double figures minutes, I like that, INgram and RJ had 31mins and for this game I think that was a bit to many for RJ, Would have liked to see about 5 of RJ mins go to Cadeau, Cadeau had 23mins.

I know very few fans have given Coach Davis much credit for some of his moves but there were three in the second half that turn this game around: Number one putting Ryan as the shooting guard and he responded with three straight hoops from downtown,

Number two starting Withers up front to help with the rebounding and to completely shut down Cone and Campbell and number three going into a full court press that shook Northern Iowa into a ton of turnovers including three time zone violations. I also liked how he gave Bacot so many breaks to get his second wind
See why I have been screaming for Withers to get more minutes! As poorly as Ryan has shot this season so far, he has really impressed me with his over all game, giving us some solid defense, rock solid at the free throw line as well. But those early second half treys, ignited the offense and allowed us to run away with this one. As AJ calls him, a fanny slapper, I love when those emotional leaders begin to get excited, everyone bares down when that happens!

Reactions: Archer2 and RHFD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT