ADVERTISEMENT

Offense was worse under Mitch?

Anyone who thinks Hood and Logan were not under utilized simply could not have been paying close attention. Its easy to look at the numbers and second guess the play calling, but didn't most of us watch some games and think, 'Why didn't they run the ball there?' I did, a lot.

I thinks it's more better to say the play calling just got worsah and worsah.

Anyone who thinks Hood and Logan were not under utilized simply could not have been paying close attention. Its easy to look at the numbers and second guess the play calling, but didn't most of us watch some games and think, 'Why didn't they run the ball there?' I did, a lot.

I thinks it's more better to say the play calling just got worsah and worsah.
i agree with you 100%. it's amazing when a highly recruited running back and his high school coach point to unc's underused running game as a key concern, but many posters still refuse to acknowledge that was true last year (check out tos for some great examples of denial.)

Reactions: Archer2
Mitch was a stud QB, no doubt about that but many times the Heels acted as though they forgot about the running backs. That's just my take on it. They both had their share of carries when compared to other backs but maybe it was the how they were used, the downs and situations, maybe. I don't know. Offense appeared to either be predictable or just clunky from time to time.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
A lot of times with the running game we simply outthink ourselves. 2nd and short and 3rd and short, We went for two many home run plays that Just didn't work out. Sometimes they should have allowed our guys to just run between the tackles

Think of some of the terrible play calling that we saw last season. The State and Stanford games come to mind. Either just trying to show every play that we have in the book or just trying to trick them. When you are inside the 5-10 yard line and you feel that you need to run trick plays, that screams desperation.

Think of some of the terrible play calling that we saw last season. The State and Stanford games come to mind. Either just trying to show every play that we have in the book or just trying to trick them. When you are inside the 5-10 yard line and you feel that you need to run trick plays, that screams desperation.

I feel our interior ol play was desperately bad. Traditional run game behind those guards wasn't going to get it done.

Reactions: lerario
If Hood was healthy and we had a strong interior OL I bet he would've had plenty of carries to be considered 'featured'. Gio is proof of this type of thing.

Reactions: lerario
I said it last season and it held true. The biggest loss was our OC to North Texas. Not saying Littrell was great; but, the dude wasn't bad and I think if he would have stayed, it would have been a different story.

Reactions: franklin street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT