ADVERTISEMENT

Offer to Baker

To top it off, this highlight includes a clip of him blocking Joey Baker at the rim:

Seems like a true post player, so he'll be a return to normalcy for us if we get him. He also has a nice jumper.

I actually know this kid and his family. The guy is solid. His family is extremely solid. I thought he was a UT lock, but his stock has really blown up. Good for him.

When people said they wanted "Roy to offer Baker", I doubt this is what they meant.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, what's our chances? We had trouble with landing Texas kids a few years back.

We got a crystal ball from Andrew Slater (Duke insider), for what it's worth.

Unrelated - Joey Baker is apparently visiting Duke this weekend.

Any chance of getting him out of Austin?

I actually thought he already committed to UT, but that is not the case. They don't hand out offers like candy, so I guess your Coach thinks you guys have a dog in the hunt.

Not going to lie, it would be cooler if Baker went to UNC rather than UT. Then my family could quickly grow tired of "I remember Will when he was a kid at Upward Basketball..."

If he is half as competitive as his mom (his coach at the time), then he will be fierce on the court....sheesh she was cranked kind of tight on the sidelines ;)

Love Bigs that are not afraid to mix it up at the rim!

Looks like a Tar Heel to me; go get 'em Roy!

To top it off, this highlight includes a clip of him blocking Joey Baker at the rim:

Based exclusively on this clip, seems to have a nice stroke and very strong with a body that can get even stronger, maybe a little Montross like, a little heavy footed. Kinda does strike me as a classic UNC big man from days of the past.

But he is in Texas...

Rising up the rankings pretty fast. Currently #24 on 247. If we can get him away from Texas, he'd be a very solid pickup.

That we missed out on? Off the top of my head:

Cameron Ridley, Julius Randle, Matt Jones among others.

Better question is who have we got from Texas under Roy, Justin Jackson, home schooled kid, who else? Nada...

Based exclusively on this clip, seems to have a nice stroke and very strong with a body that can get even stronger, maybe a little Montross like, a little heavy footed. Kinda does strike me as a classic UNC big man from days of the past.

But he is in Texas...

Never saw Montross shoot a 3 ball that I can remember, never saw him put the ball on the floor and dribble nicely around a defender. I think Baker has quicker feet and better dribbling ability. Not downing Montross at all, nor elevating Baker - fact is Baker has some tools right now that Montross never showed. Does that make him as good, or better? In no way. Only time can tell that tale.

Eric Montross is one of my favorite Tar Heels, imo often over-looked etc. He was a Great Center for us.

Love Bigs that are not afraid to mix it up at the rim!

Looks like a Tar Heel to me; go get 'em Roy!

Absolutely, especially he is a lefty and Roy loves them lefty. W Baker will fit right in when Luke Maye graduate.

Do hope he'll commit. Go Heels!

No the reasons why we missed on so many Texas kids, especially Ridley and Randle.

Based on the recent developments, I'd guess you're implying $$$. Otherwise idk.

Though there were more than just those 3, and i can't imagine ALL of them were paid.

Based on the recent developments, I'd guess you're implying $$$. Otherwise idk.

Though there were more than just those 3, and i can't imagine ALL of them were paid.
Texas kids and coaches probably started this trend of getting paid.
I'm going back close to 15yrs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT