ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL UNC VS. Portland THREAD

Yup. 4-0!

I feel confident that the makeup of his team, especially being lead by the Ultimate Junk Yard Dog, means we don't have to fear them taking an opponent lightly! I know nothing about Portland, but I do know they are in for a 40 minute street fight!

Reactions: Archer2
Nice effort by Brandon Robinson. Glad to see him back on the court.

Huffman with the put back! I also Loved his effort altering the shot on the previous defensive possession. He didn't get a piece of it, but did just enough to create the miss.

Reactions: FranktheHeel
We'd be killing them already if not for three point shooting. Pretty strong first half though: good rebounding and offense for the most part. A few forced passes and lots of open 3's on defense.

Would love to see us pull away so Berry can get more rest in the second half. I think he has set out about 4 minutes so far.

First half thoughts:

I like the four steals!!
Theo in transition is preety. He had a really good half, doing it all with 9 pts, 7 rebs and 4 assists as he continues to involve all his teammates and play unselfish.
I liked the two double teams and one of them was succesful, this could definetely be another weapon for us defensively.
Joel and Kenny's on ball defense is really, really good.
Manley is great from the free throw strike.
Brooks has a nice midrange shot.
Love how we keep drawing charges, shows how active we are defensively.
A couple of things happen every game: Luke gets an and one and Kenny hits the floor and comes up with a loose ball.
I really like how Roy used the bigs in the first half, they all contributed and were more active defensively.

Let's keep pushing the ball up in transition. We need to defend the 3 ball better. Get the ball and run!! Love the ball movement, TEAM basketball is constantly on display.
Finish it off.
There's a reason we are in the Victory bracket!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gauchoheel
Bill Walton as a "color" guy is a joke ... that dude is whacked from the shoulders up ..

Love the little wrinkle Roy added on our secondary break! After Theo sets the back pick and curls back to the ball! Sometimes I feel teams over play that back pick a ton!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT