ADVERTISEMENT

College World Series Thread

Forbes with a bonehead call there

Honeycutt has a green light & decides when he's going to run, not Forbes. Did you not see Forbes shaking his head? I agree it was a terrible time to run, especially with a lefty on the mound. Can’t blame Honeycutt though after the heater he’s been on but that was a little selfish.

Last edited:
With my interest in college sports dwindling down to almost nothing, that was likely the last UNC game I’ll ever watch. But baseball has always been my favorite sport and I’ve always wanted UNC to win a title in baseball and football. I’ve resigned myself to that not happening.

Great year with lots of success for Heels. Just wonder what success Coach Forbes will have with replenishing a depleted lineup. The portal guys he recruited this year were dynamite. As well as the freshman catcher.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Honeycutt has a green light & decides when he's going to run, not Forbes. Did you not see Forbes shaking his head? I agree it was a terrible time to run, especially with a lefty on the mound. Can’t blame Honeycutt though after the heater he’s been on but that was a little selfish.

That’s all well and good but it’s still on Forbes to give him the red light in that situation then. Honeycutt carried them and was on a heater like you said. I don’t blame him for trying to steal his way into scoring position. IMO it’s on the coach to temper that in situations where the risk isn’t worth it. It can be harder for players to see that in the moment, and that’s where the coach has to step in.

In the end it didn’t really matter anyways

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
With my interest in college sports dwindling down to almost nothing, that was likely the last UNC game I’ll ever watch. But baseball has always been my favorite sport and I’ve always wanted UNC to win a title in baseball and football. I’ve resigned myself to that not happening.
I have hoped throughout my adult life that we would become consistently relevant in football and maybe even get us a nattie, only to be let down time after time after time. Those hopes have faded almost to nothingness with Mack's recent underachievement. It has driven me to distraction, knowing that we could if we only took the task seriously.

I've never been that much of a baseball fan but I could become one if we get a few more VH's.

It'll be my luck we'll hit the jackpot the year after I buy the farm. If that happens, don't even tell me.

That’s all well and good but it’s still on Forbes to give him the red light in that situation then. Honeycutt carried them and was on a heater like you said. I don’t blame him for trying to steal his way into scoring position. IMO it’s on the coach to temper that in situations where the risk isn’t worth it. It can be harder for players to see that in the moment, and that’s where the coach has to step in.

some of the worst failures come when a player feels like he has to put the team on his back and tries to do too much. By the same token, some of the worst team performances happen when the rest of the team (including the coach) relies too much on a single player.

For that reason I've always maintained that it's better to have consistently good talent all across the board than to have good talent with one or two or a handful of elite players.

Agreed

Great year with lots of success for Heels. Just wonder what success Coach Forbes will have with replenishing a depleted lineup. The portal guys he recruited this year were dynamite. As well as the freshman catcher.
The team is far from depleted. If he can keep people from transferring and grab a couple of solid transfers, then we're an Omaha team again.

The team is far from depleted. If he can keep people from transferring and grab a couple of solid transfers, then we're an Omaha team again.
If no surprises leave we lose Harbor, Madera, , Wilkerson, Donafrio, , Osuna, Castognazzi, Vanderbrake and Vance from the lineup… That is definitely a lot to overcome as will be unknowns but with players we have, freshman and I’ve read where some incoming transfers already in the works it will be a different team if nothing else…

Pitching looks in good shape other then Sprague but IF we can keep Pence he could become a starter next year… Hopefully Knapp and Boez can get healthy

If no surprises leave we lose Harbor, Madera, , Wilkerson, Donafrio, , Osuna, Castognazzi, Vanderbrake and Vance from the lineup… That is definitely a lot to overcome as will be unknowns but with players we have, freshman and I’ve read where some incoming transfers already in the works it will be a different team if nothing else…

Pitching looks in good shape other then Sprague but IF we can keep Pence he could become a starter next year… Hopefully Knapp and Boez can get healthy
Our pitching staff should be one of the best in the nation if it stays. There's plenty of talent already on the roster, they were just young and behind upperclassmen. Just need a couple of transfers for offense. Keep in mind that the last two times we went to the CWS, I called it in the preseason. Even though no one in the media and here believed it. I'll be able to tell you in a couple of months if you need to buy your tickets to Omaha. ;)

• Love
Reactions: ohio tarheels
So that’s good. Enjoy the theatre

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
Our pitching staff should be one of the best in the nation if it stays. There's plenty of talent already on the roster, they were just young and behind upperclassmen. Just need a couple of transfers for offense. Keep in mind that the last two times we went to the CWS, I called it in the preseason. Even though no one in the media and here believed it. I'll be able to tell you in a couple of months if you need to buy your tickets to Omaha. ;)
Can you read palms & talk to the dead too??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT