ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

It’s the never ending struggle of the govt not sanctioning one religion over another vs recognizing that most Americans are Christian. If you refuse all religious symbols you’re a hater. If you allow crosses, Ten Commandments etc then you’re a theocracy and offend the other religions. Easter was around way before Jesus. It just so happens that Jesus was crucified on the Passover which coincides with the pagan holiday of worshipping the fertility goddess Ishtar. So the pagan and religious all get muddled together. Just like Halloween, just like Christmas. JMO but to me the govt should just stay out of it entirely and not even recognize holidays except July 4, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Presidents’ Day.
I'd be fine with that. It's no different from all the school systems that no longer recognize Christmas and Easter, but have a Winter Break and a Spring Break "coincidentally" on those days.

On the other hand, I've learned not to underestimate him. He might know a considerable amount about the bible.
giphy.gif

It’s the never ending struggle of the govt not sanctioning one religion over another vs recognizing that most Americans are Christian. If you refuse all religious symbols you’re a hater. If you allow crosses, Ten Commandments etc then you’re a theocracy and offend the other religions. Easter was around way before Jesus. It just so happens that Jesus was crucified on the Passover which coincides with the pagan holiday of worshipping the fertility goddess Ishtar. So the pagan and religious all get muddled together. Just like Halloween, just like Christmas. JMO but to me the govt should just stay out of it entirely and not even recognize holidays except July 4, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Presidents’ Day.
Libs hate fertile pagans.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Taking away federal holidays and make me go in to work? Have you lost your mind?

• Haha
They'd never take them away - you're too big of a voting block. They'd just rename them like the schools.
But I'm the voting block they ignore, though. If they had any sense they would concentrate on independent voters, but I'll just have to continue to put up with the smaller groups nominating retards.

That was fun. But in Trump's case we have more to go on.

"Two Corinthians," anyone?

Not sure why you jumped in with that as the point I made is not even addressed. He may or may not know a single bible verse. He may know two, three, or he may know dozens. His actual base of knowledge was NOT what I had issue with but, rather, it was drawing the conclusion (same as you) from the clip linked with the tweet. It didn't address it whatsoever and it's everyone's assumption that his refusal was based on his inability. Your audio comes much closer to proving your point in that he got the pronunciation wrong, but there is the counter that he was referring to an actual verse. The funny part is I have heard many people (non-clergy) butcher all kinds of bible references over the years (particularly names and locations) at services I have attended.

All good. I think anyone who holds The Donald up as a biblical scholar in any respect is seriously in the deep end. Not even knowing a single verse? I think I'd bet orange.

But I'm the voting block they ignore, though. If they had any sense they would concentrate on independent voters, but I'll just have to continue to put up with the smaller groups nominating retards.
Careful, the word police are gonna be knocking on your door.

That works for me. Still get the holiday, but don't have to pretend you care about things you probably don't actually care about.
How true. I always get a kick out of asking people the difference in a couple of holidays and they essentially have no idea and are just happy they are off.

It’s dumbfounding. Tens of millions of moderates and independents don’t vote due to the fact no one gaf about them yet neither party makes an effort to court them. It’s not like their base will switch if they do.

Not sure why you jumped in with that as the point I made is not even addressed. He may or may not know a single bible verse. He may know two, three, or he may know dozens. His actual base of knowledge was NOT what I had issue with but, rather, it was drawing the conclusion (same as you) from the clip linked with the tweet. It didn't address it whatsoever and it's everyone's assumption that his refusal was based on his inability. Your audio comes much closer to proving your point in that he got the pronunciation wrong, but there is the counter that he was referring to an actual verse. The funny part is I have heard many people (non-clergy) butcher all kinds of bible references over the years (particularly names and locations) at services I have attended.

All good. I think anyone who holds The Donald up as a biblical scholar in any respect is seriously in the deep end. Not even knowing a single verse? I think I'd bet orange.
God does his work thru the imperfect, no Trump is not perfect. I look at more what they do more than what they say, liars talk, goodness acts. Trump is like me, very flawed and maybe to you it is better that we celebrate trannys today more than the Christian Easter. What I do know is that Trump, be it exclusively for political purpose or not, his actions more reflect my beliefs than Biden. I consider Biden to be a hypocrite at best and straight out evil at worst, in no way a man to follow.

God does his work thru the imperfect, no Trump is not perfect. I look at more what they do more than what they say, liars talk, goodness acts. Trump is like me, very flawed and maybe to you it is better that we celebrate trannys today more than the Christian Easter. What I do know is that Trump, be it exclusively for political purpose or not, his actions more reflect my beliefs than Biden. I consider Biden to be a hypocrite at best and straight out evil at worst, in no way a man to follow.
He’s not saying it’s better to celebrate trannys. Pay attention.

So are you saying trump is a man to follow? That’s a little different than voting for him. I only ask cause you make the point biden isn’t. So trump is?

How true. I always get a kick out of asking people the difference in a couple of holidays and they essentially have no idea and are just happy they are off.
The holiday that gets fukked is valentines. And really that should be one of the best. I mean dayum we’re celebrating love right? Don’t get any time off. And we let the kids hi jack it as if they known a damn thing about romance and don’t have enough holidays as it is. To celebrate in Roman times the men would line up on the side of the road with whips and the women would walk by and bare their ass and ask to be spanked if they liked a guy. NOW THATS A FUKING HOLIDAY!

The holiday that gets fukked is valentines. And really that should be one of the best. I mean dayum we’re celebrating love right? Don’t get any time off. And we let the kids hi jack it as if they known a damn thing about romance and don’t have enough holidays as it is. To celebrate in Roman times the men would line up on the side of the road with whips and the women would walk by and bare their ass and ask to be spanked if they liked a guy. NOW THATS A FUKING HOLIDAY!
Never heard that one. Sounds more like an event at Epstein Island.

Not sure if this was directed to me or the collective "you", but that clearly wasn't what I had conveyed.

Regardless, your post really reminded me of the mantra about bball and fb recruits: ignore what they say and watch what they do. This is the constant drum I pound regarding orangeman bad - it's the policies that matter, not whether they are polite when they tweet. Trump is deeply and personally flawed, but who isn't? Those that ignore the personal issues with Joe and hold him up as some paragon of virtue need to do some serious reflection. And that's without ever getting to his policies and their impact on all of us.

Anyone catch the stuff from the President of Mexico? I'm glad we are again so deeply respected throughout the world, especially right next door.

Reactions: Archer2
Pooponduke, i guess you're fuming over this "untrue statement" from fox.
I guess you missed my post one page ago where I said:
What I heard is that Biden is continuing with the same policy of the last 45 years. Which begs the question of why are you celebrating a religious holiday but not allowed to use religious themes or symbols on eggs? Seems hypocritical of all the administrations, including the bible salesman.

But now that you are paying attention @blazers, I'd like you address something.

From what I have read, please correct me if I am wrong, it's pretty clear that the daughter of the judge presiding over the Stormy case is very, very involved with Dem politics involving large amounts of fundraising, Schiffty the pencil neck, and has even repeated some comments of her father about about his views of politicians who tweet. Her involvement and leanings are pretty clear (and the father's comments were not favorable). And this is the judge who has insisted that Trump's trial go forward in less than a month despite the government just dumping 100,000 documents on the Defendant.

Under what I will refer to as your Thomas Doctrine, would you agree that this judge should recuse himself, a new judge be assigned, and all previous rulings be revisited?

But now that you are paying attention @blazers, I'd like you address something.

From what I have read, please correct me if I am wrong, it's pretty clear that the daughter of the judge presiding over the Stormy case is very, very involved with Dem politics involving large amounts of fundraising, Schiffty the pencil neck, and has even repeated some comments of her father about about his views of politicians who tweet. Her involvement and leanings are pretty clear (and the father's comments were not favorable). And this is the judge who has insisted that Trump's trial go forward in less than a month despite the government just dumping 100,000 documents on the Defendant.

Under what I will refer to as your Thomas Doctrine, would you agree that this judge should recuse himself, a new judge be assigned, and all previous rulings be revisited?
a) The question of spouse->spouse political impact or influence is an interesting one, i don't think there are great answers, too difficult to judge. But the question of child->parent political impact is WAY different from spouse->spouse IMO. Don't you have kids, or parents, or don't you know people with kids or parents?

b) Regardless of the spouse/child difference maybe there could be conflict of interest in a parent due a daughter's actions. Note, that when it comes to conflict of interest over political advocacy, fundraising is WAY different from Ginni being a leader in "Stop the Steal" efforts to overturn the election, texting Mark Meadows (Trump chief of staff) to fight the "heist", asking AZ to choose fake electors, etc, given that her political advocacy was so closely tied to the event resulting in charges and convictions and jailtime for sedition.

c) Thomas might ignore Ginni's election denying, but he should recuse himself from rulings related to political advocacy. Stormy-judge should recuse himself from rulings related to fundraising (maybe is under some umbrella of political advocacy). The Stormy case has nothing to do with fundraising or political advocacy though, it is about falsifying business records (and election integrity).

I don’t have a warm fuzzy about either candidate being able to deal with what looks more and more like full scale shit show in the Middle East.
WTF are we even there at all? So we can have bases a little closer to Russia? Shareholders of Raytheon, Lockheed, etc, I get it, but otherwise why?

The judge in Hunter's tax case, as was widely expected, denied the motion to dismiss the charges against him. That's not at all surprising. What I find newsworthy is the Judge's statement about the basis for the motion that was submitted by Hunter and his team.

"The motion is remarkable in that it fails to include a single declaration, exhibit, or request for judicial notice. Instead, Defendant cites portions of various Internet news sources, social media posts, and legal blogs. These citations, however, are not evidence."

Sounds like Hunter and his attorneys are taking cues from a few select posters around here.

Just getting caught up on the insanity I missed over the Easter weekend when you heathens with little else to do were poasting furiously about Trump's knowledge of the bible. Can anyone help me understand why I should care about that? Forget it. Actually I'd prefer not to have read the garbage that one of you would certainly come up with.

Anyway, any of y'all seen those polls with blacks, latinos and voters under the age of 35?

Trump is like me, very flawed and maybe to you it is better that we celebrate trannys today more than the Christian Easter. What I do know is that Trump, be it exclusively for political purpose or not, his actions more reflect my beliefs than Biden. I consider Biden to be a hypocrite at best and straight out evil at worst, in no way a man to follow.
200w.gif

Reactions: prlyles
WTF are we even there at all? So we can have bases a little closer to Russia? Shareholders of Raytheon, Lockheed, etc, I get it, but otherwise why?
Geopolitics. Kinda hard to explain geopolitics in a short form setting, but there's plenty of books you can read.

Valentine’s Day is the worst. So lame. If you’re taking care of business the other 364, there’s no need for Valentine’s Day.

Halloween is second in the lamest “holidays”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT