ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I imagine both parties are "behind it", there being no end of indecent behavior on the part of both parties. Doesn't excuse the use of public funds to cover up that behavior. Since that money was taxpayers' money, I believe we have the right to know the exact details of these hush money payments, who to, what for, and on the part of whom.
yeah I know, I was just poking fun at them. But I'm probably right.

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
Just to emphasize that it happened. It's no witch hunt. Truth be told, you and the rest of the cult don't care that he used campaign funds to shut them up. You don't care how many laws he has broken, or will break. Just like he said, he could shoot someone and not lose any voters.
Trump supporters realize there are much, much bigger problems to worry about than who he fugged, when he fugged them, how much money he paid them, etc. He didnt use his presidential influence to get what he wanted unlike you know who.

Depends upon who he takes out as to whether or not I would support him.

Your TDS is in full control of your mental faculties. Everything is completely irrelevent to dims except keeping Trump out of office.
Seth Meyers No GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Not me. I haven't looked into that story because I don't want to know any more about it. But I liked her. I cannot support that though. I'd still be in her camp if she had shot a liberal though. Not a dog.
I didn't mean every single supporter. I thought that would be obvious, but I apologize if you thought I meant every single supporter.

I can understand why she thought the dog should be killed (although I strongly disagree with her reasoning and her method). My main reason for posting is was to comment on how dumb it was to let the world know that she did it. Surely she could have picked a better example of a hard choice she had to make. A politician shooting a liberal made me think of this

I didn't mean every single supporter. I thought that would be obvious, but I apologize if you thought I meant every single supporter.

I can understand why she thought the dog should be killed (although I strongly disagree with her reasoning and her method). My main reason for posting is was to comment on how dumb it was to let the world know that she did it. Surely she could have picked a better example of a hard choice she had to make. A politician shooting a liberal made me think of this

Super underrated movie. Maybe my favorite Ferrell flick.

Yeah, agreed that it was dumb to publicize killing a dog. I saw @bluetoe 's explanation that she was trying to illustrate that sometimes hard decisions need to be made and she's tough enough to make them. Silly example. It's not going to resonate with a lot of people including me.

Super underrated movie. Maybe my favorite Ferrell flick.

Yeah, agreed that it was dumb to publicize killing a dog. I saw @bluetoe 's explanation that she was trying to illustrate that sometimes hard decisions need to be made and she's tough enough to make them. Silly example. It's not going to resonate with a lot of people including me.
I always recomend reading any article that invokes an opinion, especially a stated one. The dog wasn't killed because it wouldn't hunt although the shitty way the story/headline was structured made that seem to be the case. The dog killed a bunch of some farmers chickens and then snapped at her when she intervened. That might have earned the dog a law-enforced one way trip to the pound , but she handled it herself. That's what I would have done (handled it myself, but not necessarily killing the dog), not because I liked it but because I would never hand something I cared about off to someone else to do the dirty work.

So killing a dog doesn't resonate with me either. I love animals more than I care about most people. But putting a dog or any pet down out of necessity does, because I've had to make that hard choice myself. Her point, manning up and making and carrying out those choices that need to be made, REALLY resonates with me. And if she was trying to reach those responsible enough to do the same, I'm not sure she could offer a better example.

But my post was instigated by the absolutely asshole insinuations of the article.

I always recomend reading any article that invokes an opinion, especially a stated one. The dog wasn't killed because it wouldn't hunt although the shitty way the story/headline was structured made that seem to be the case. The dog killed a bunch of some farmers chickens and then snapped at her when she intervened. That might have earned the dog a law-enforced one way trip to the pound , but she handled it herself. That's what I would have done (handled it myself, but not necessarily killing the dog), not because I liked it but because I would never hand something I cared about off to someone else to do the dirty work.

So killing a dog doesn't resonate with me either. I love animals more than I care about most people. But putting a dog or any pet down out of necessity does, because I've had to make that hard choice myself. Her point, manning up and making and carrying out those choices that need to be made, REALLY resonates with me. And if she was trying to reach those responsible enough to do the same, I'm not sure she could offer a better example.

But my post was instigated by the absolutely asshole insinuations of the article.
There was nothing "instigated" by the article. Not every story about a politician is political. The dog was still young enough to be trained and you certainly don't take dogs out back and shoot them. This isn't 1736. You take them to the vet or have them come to you and put them down humanly.

Reactions: strummingram
There was nothing "instigated" by the article. Not every story about a politician is political. The dog was still young enough to be trained and you certainly don't take dogs out back and shoot them. This isn't 1736. You take them to the vet or have them come to you and put them down humanly.
OK, so now you somehow know what instigates me? Don't be an idiot.

You don't know enough about the dog or the story to make the assertions you're making, you're making assumptions. because as it should be plain to see, a point was being made, and it wasn't intended to be a detailed description of this particular dog/human interaction. And you certainly do take dogs or anything else out to shoot them if you're doing what needs to be done the most humane way and not forgoing common sense and caving to childish emotion. This isn't Bambi land. Or maybe you think the dog knew what was happening, like it was being stood in front of a firing squad.

An animal taken to strange surroundings to be injected is probably subjecting that animal to stress. I don't want an animal I care about to suffer stress in its last moments. It is far more humane to end its life suddenly in the company of someone who cares about it. I chose to take mine to the nearby vet, and he came out to my truck and injected him because that option was available to me and he didn't suffer long. Other situations might not lend themselves to such 'convenience'.

The lack of reason in positions like this bemuse me. It isn't 1736? Get a grip. Whether it's 1736 or 2334 makes no difference. Common sense isn't timestamped.

This reminds me of some years back when a HUGE hoopla arose when a sherrif in some county in South Carolina took a large number of dogs in a pound to a field across the road and shot them all. Oh, the humanity. How could a human being be so callous and cold-hearted as to shoot those little doggies. It was crazy how vehement the protests were, all based on nothing more than a headline.

As it turned out, that facility was in a poor rural are and the dogs were all marked for euthanasia. The county had no money to care for the dogs or people to care for them or carry out the orders. The sherrif was doing what humanely needed to be done to keep the dogs from starving to death in their cages. People reviled him. I admired him for doing what most people would shirk out of cowardice. THAT is the point and all that matters to those of us who don't get sucked in by purposely shitty reporting.

She lost her dog privileges for life. Shelters, fosters, humane society... rescues, etc.. If you're going to document it in your autobiography, enjoy the backlash... cuz it's coming.

OK, so now you somehow know what instigates me? Don't be an idiot.

You don't know enough about the dog or the story to make the assertions you're making, you're making assumptions. because as it should be plain to see, a point was being made, and it wasn't intended to be a detailed description of this particular dog/human interaction. And you certainly do take dogs or anything else out to shoot them if you're doing what needs to be done the most humane way and not forgoing common sense and caving to childish emotion. This isn't Bambi land. Or maybe you think the dog knew what was happening, like it was being stood in front of a firing squad.

An animal taken to strange surroundings to be injected is probably subjecting that animal to stress. I don't want an animal I care about to suffer stress in its last moments. It is far more humane to end its life suddenly in the company of someone who cares about it. I chose to take mine to the nearby vet, and he came out to my truck and injected him because that option was available to me and he didn't suffer long. Other situations might not lend themselves to such 'convenience'.

The lack of reason in positions like this bemuse me. It isn't 1736? Get a grip. Whether it's 1736 or 2334 makes no difference. Common sense isn't timestamped.

This reminds me of some years back when a HUGE hoopla arose when a sherrif in some county in South Carolina took a large number of dogs in a pound to a field across the road and shot them all. Oh, the humanity. How could a human being be so callous and cold-hearted as to shoot those little doggies. It was crazy how vehement the protests were, all based on nothing more than a headline.

As it turned out, that facility was in a poor rural are and the dogs were all marked for euthanasia. The county had no money to care for the dogs or people to care for them or carry out the orders. The sherrif was doing what humanely needed to be done to keep the dogs from starving to death in their cages. People reviled him. I admired him for doing what most people would shirk out of cowardice. THAT is the point and all that matters to those of us who don't get sucked in by purposely shitty reporting.
tl;dr

• Haha
Reactions: blazers

if that reminds you of this, then you need to be remanded.

* humanely.
(Humanly is what she did, so....)

Reactions: bluetoe
I grew up in SD, still have a lot of friends, family there. Have followed KN pretty closely. She has governed pretty well, but gets a little skittish when the big donor somewhat liberal companies threaten pulling money out if she doesn't toe the PC woke, more liberal line on DEI, ESG, etc.

But the thing that I'd think would sink her - though I abhor the dog story... like someone else here said, I like dogs more than a lot of people....

...is its a pretty well known and poorly hidden fact that she and Cory Lewandowski have had an affair for several years now, while she's still married with kids. I'd think that leaves more of a mark, than shooting an out-of-control, irredeemable dog.

Reactions: bluetoe
I grew up in SD, still have a lot of friends, family there. Have followed KN pretty closely. She has governed pretty well, but gets a little skittish when the big donor somewhat liberal companies threaten pulling money out if she doesn't toe the PC woke, more liberal line on DEI, ESG, etc.

But the thing that I'd think would sink her - though I abhor the dog story... like someone else here said, I like dogs more than a lot of people....

...is its a pretty well known and poorly hidden fact that she and Cory Lewandowski have had an affair for several years now, while she's still married with kids. I'd think that leaves more of a mark, than shooting an out-of-control, irredeemable dog.
Adultery is a MAGA badge of honor!

ETA:

Why isn't that in the book???

Last edited:
The woman is old school in that she views animals as tools not pets. She said it was worthless and she hated it and it killing chickens and biting her (after she irresponsibly let it get out of her car) was the last straw according to her. She also shot a goat that she disliked for being mean. She’s not someone “doing the right thing” to mercifully put an animal out of its misery. She’s shooting a dog cause it pissed her off. It was only 14 mos old. That’s way too early to deem it “untrainable”. I don’t think that shows someone that can “make tough decisions”. I think it shows someone being a back woods stupid fuking hick and I lol at the backlash she’s suffering and her stupidity for putting the account in an auto bio.

Last edited:
The woman is old school in that she views animals as tools not pets. She said it was worthless and she hated it and it killing chickens and biting her (after she irresponsibly let it get out of her car) was the last straw according to her. She also shot a goat that she disliked for being mean. She’s not someone “doing the right thing” to mercifully put an animal out of its misery. She’s shooting a dog cause it pissed her off. It was only 14 mos old. That’s way too early to deem it “untrainable”. I don’t think that shows someone that can “make tough decisions”. I think it shows someone being a back woods stupid fuking hick and I lol at the backlash she’s suffering and her stupidity for putting the account in an auto bio.
You'd think that the editors would have said "Maybe best keep that out of the book." Nah... it sells books. And, it gets her notoriety and press.

than shooting an out-of-control, irredeemable dog.
Nothing in that story indicates that was an irredeemable dog. Fighting Pitbulls can be trained to be peaceful pets. I'm pretty sure that's harder than training a 14 month old dog that didn't know any better. And shooting dogs that aren't an immediate threat (meaning one that isn't about to attack you) is a pretty shitty move. It's sad that some people have become so political that they feel the need to justify this so someone the might support doesn't look bad.

Nothing in that story indicates that was an irredeemable dog. Fighting Pitbulls can be trained to be peaceful pets. I'm pretty sure that's harder than training a 14 month old dog that didn't know any better. And shooting dogs that aren't an immediate threat (meaning one that isn't about to attack you) is a pretty shitty move. It's sad that some people have become so political that they feel the need to justify this so someone the might support doesn't look bad.
so naive. Say hi to Bambi for us.

A dog that has shown itself to enjoy slaughtering someone's chickens can never be trusted to not repeat the crime. And if it snaps at the owner when she tries to stop it, that doesn't bode well for the safety of a child who approaches it at the wrong time either. But of course in fantasyland that dog would become a regular Rin-tin-tin just because you want it to.

Of course it could be kept chained up or in a pen in the back yard. That would be a way to avoid facing the unpleasant. Make the dog suffer so you don't have to.

Pure sentiment should never be allowed to defeat plain common sense. Remind me not to let a child get around one of your reformed fighting pit bulls.

Reactions: nctransplant
The use of a bullet doesn't bother me, it is the reasons and age. Maybe Noem doesn't care what people think.... she over-ruled the people's voter initiative /ballot measure on weed (cuz her husband's agri business wasn't ready to profit from it)

It's now official, @bluetoe, even man's best friend doesn't like you. You've been reduced to the veritable fire hydrant in the neighborhood.
I chose to take mine to the nearby vet, and he came out to my truck and injected him because that option was available to me and he didn't suffer long.
Probably the happiest day of that dog's life.

• Haha
Reactions: blazers

For the record, while fighting pit bulls may be able to be trained to become peaceful pets, there’s no way in hell I’m ever testing that theory.

And secondly, if it ends up becoming Noem, I’ll come around. The dog probably wasn’t even cute. And it smelled really bad. Ate trash out of the trash can.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
Did she put this book out recently? Trump hates dogs... for all we know she's just pandering to the draft dodging, dog-hating, rapist who paid people to take SATs for him.

Did she put this book out recently? Trump hates dogs... for all we know she's just pandering to the draft dodging, dog-hating, rapist who paid people to take SATs for him.

“Trump hates dogs”. Thats a new one. Congratulations on at least coming up with something new and not going with the same, tired bullshit that you hear from most TDS infected losers.

KN was really, really stupid . . .

to put that story in her book. Which also means she's got even more ignorant advisers and editors who allowed her to put such a story in her book. Why you ask? Just look at the reaction above. Regardless of the merit of her decision, a significant portion will react accordingly. There are people who wanted worse for Michael Vick than a convicted murderer. Knowing that, dumb, dumb decision to include the story in her book. That being said, people who have never lived or worked on a farm or a ranch would be shocked about the reality of life not being all flowers and lollipops. It's never that simple.

I wonder if she simply did this to get the story out there and let it be "old" news rather than surfacing in the heart of a critical moment of some future campaign. Imagine the great hyena bringing this up for the first time in the middle of a VP debate.

Is there a CliffsNotes or tldr version?
Random viewer could easily confuse the interview with a local tv news reporter doing a public "interest" story with a nursing home resident who was celebrating a significant birthday. Howard could hardly be compared with the shock jock who made his fortune pushing things - might as well been someone from NPR with how he treated his guest. And although I haven't watched the whole thing, Joe told more whoppers. It's no coincidence that he did this sit down, but the NYT (your favorite) is complaining that the president won't interview with them and is setting a dangerous precedent for future administrations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT