ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I use different logic because i used drugs. I was a moron. As well as anyone who uses. Prohibition died when the government realised they could make more money by taxing.

BTY, i am not opposed to the background checks for any type of weapon. I am opposed to complete banning of firearms.

If you think everyone who uses drugs is a moron, then you should stop using the past tense when describing yourself as one. Some of the most brilliant people in the world use drugs regularly.

We arent allowed to break the law if we choose to? How does that work?

Oh right, you think people should be free to use drugs. You just also think they should go to jail if they get caught.

I'm now in support of banning all guns. I mean you're still free to break the law and keep them, so no harm no foul right?

Dude, you mentioned guns. And you are by all means free to snort lines of coke. And define "really dangerous" guns.

My dad taught me how to properly handle weapons. Strict discipline and punishment if i did anything dangerous. Are dads expected to properly show their children how to speedball meth and heroin?
Yes, I mentioned guns because I KNEW that you were going to be inconsistent in your line of thinking. And, you demonstrated the double standard perfectly.

I don't define "really dangerous guns" just like I don't define "really dangerous drugs." The bullet from a .22 can kill you just as dead as a cannonball or Napalm.

Doing drugs seems like a fairly victimless crime. You're doing damage to yourself, perhaps. But, again, "drugs" are a very subjective thing. You can buy all the 5-Hour Energy Drink you want. All, the Monster cans and Red Bull you want is right there. And, when you make "really dangerous drugs" illegal, all you're doing is creating a flourishing criminal enterprise to go along with the "addictions."

As has already been mentioned; If heroin were made legal tomorrow, are you going to go buy it and start using it? You might, so forget I asked. Most "normal people" aren't compelled to be high whenever they're conscious.

Last edited:
We arent allowed to break the law if we choose to? How does that work?
Okay, now I really give up. I think it's entirely possible that your decision to use ANY "drug" was putting serious strain on a structure that wasn't Up-To-Code to begin with.

Yes, I mentioned guns because I KNEW that you were going to be inconsistent in your line of thinking. And, you demonstrated the double standard perfectly.

I don't define "really dangerous guns" just like I don't define "really dangerous drugs." The bullet from a .22 can kill you just as dead as a cannonball or Napalm.

Doing drugs seems like a fairly victimless crime. You're doing damage to yourself, perhaps. But, again, "drugs" are a very subjective thing. You can buy all the 5-Hour Energy Drink you want. All, the Monster cans and Red Bull you want is right there. And, when you make "really dangerous drugs" illegal, all you're doing is creating a flourishing criminal enterprise to go along with the "addictions."
are you really comparing 5 hour energy drink to heroin to legitimize your argument? Drug addition is not a victimless crime. How many addict babies are born? How many victims of robberies are they? Should they all start using due to the trauma inflicted?

Also your picture of the guy with a safe full of guns, I am sure he didn't rod a liquor store to get all that stash

One general question I have reading through the thread is on the repeated mention of the prison system being privatized, and thus an avenue to money grab instead of being in society's best interest. Is there an implication there that if it was entirely public and run by the government, that for some reason it wouldn't be rife with corruption and money grabbing, and not in the best interest of society?

One general question I have reading through the thread is on the repeated mention of the prison system being privatized, and thus an avenue to money grab instead of being in society's best interest. Is there an implication there that if it was entirely public and run by the government, that for some reason it wouldn't be rife with corruption and money grabbing, and not in the best interest of society?

It might be corrupt for different reasons but that’s not a justification for the existence of companies who are incentivized to maximize the incarceration and recidivism rates.

We have the highest incarceration rates of any nation on earth and I’m willing to bet it’s not because we just have more criminals per capita.

It might be corrupt for different reasons but that’s not a justification for the existence of companies who are incentivized to maximize the incarceration and recidivism rates.

We have the highest incarceration rates of any nation on earth and I’m willing to bet it’s not because we just have more criminals per capita.
It seems like the issue is more with the lobbying than just the fact that it's a private company that owns it, per se. Maybe eliminating that would help the problem.

I just have a hard time believing if it was government run, that it'd be done any more efficiently, given....well... anything else that is government run.

Reactions: Heelicious
I just have a hard time believing if it was government run, that it'd be done any more efficiently, given....well... anything else that is government run.

Look at your state dept of mental health - you know, those that are charged with preventing mental health patients from committing crimes. They’re obviously doing a bang up job.

Reactions: Grayhead
It seems like the issue is more with the lobbying than just the fact that it's a private company that owns it, per se. Maybe eliminating that would help the problem.

The existence of for profit firms that profit off of incarceration creates an incentive that doesn’t exist with state facilities. Private prison companies will always be looking to get more people in jail and keep them there. There is no incentive for them to provide any kind of rehabilitation.

Yep, but at least this would remove the conflict of interest.

Back to AOC, prevention via mental health svcs could be a good thing.

Can 90 days in a treatment facility that IDs and helps treat someone's problem keep them out of a ten yrs prison sentence? Be a lot cheaper if effective.

Mental health issues aren't typically the thing leading to crime, it's the homelessness, unemployment and drug abuse that stem from non-treatment.

Back to AOC, prevention via mental health svcs could be a good thing.

Can 90 days in a treatment facility that IDs and helps treat someone's problem keep them out of a ten yrs prison sentence? Be a lot cheaper if effective.

Mental health issues aren't typically the thing leading to crime, it's the homelessness, unemployment and drug abuse that stem from non-treatment.
There shouldn't be much drug abuse. All the really bad drugs are illegal!

Yeah, 90 days in treatment is all this guy needs. That will do the trick.

Yeah, 90 days in treatment is all this guy needs. That will do the trick.

A prison shoulda done the trick of preventing this amirite

Even Haiti? Why can't we be more like Haiti?

I'm willing to bet that it's a combination of having more lowlifes and trying harder to not be a shithole country.

Dude, you mentioned guns. And you are by all means free to snort lines of coke. And define "really dangerous" guns.

My dad taught me how to properly handle weapons. Strict discipline and punishment if i did anything dangerous. Are dads expected to properly show their children how to speedball meth and heroin?
I believe he's talking about the ones that go 'kew, kew'. No wait...the REALLY dangerous ones go 'KEW, KEW'.

Reactions: Grayhead
GettyImages-1233310011.jpg

Haha. Even people in Guatemala know the deal.

GettyImages-1233310011.jpg

Haha. Even people in Guatemala know the deal.

You should hear Kamal Toes get pressed slightly by Lester Holt recently on why she - the person allegedly in charge of resolving the border crisis - is 5 months in and hasn't visited the US / Mexico border. Not once. Can't seem to find it. Even Dem Reps on the border are angry at her on this. What an incompetent idiot hack.

The way she answers Holt's basic easy questions - whoa!

We are so screwed - with a braindead corpse currently at POTUS, and the POTUS-in-waiting when current one flatlines - is not one bit more intelligent or competent than him. How is this even possible?

People on right, middle (and moderate left....America-supporting Dems) are waking up at how screwed we are, putting these people in charge. I predict a big correction coming in 2022. And 2024.

Reactions: bluetoe
You should hear Kamal Toes get pressed slightly by Lester Holt recently on why she - the person allegedly in charge of resolving the border crisis - is 5 months in and hasn't visited the US / Mexico border. Not once. Can't seem to find it. Even Dem Reps on the border are angry at her on this. What an incompetent idiot hack.

The way she answers Holt's basic easy questions - whoa!

We are so screwed - with a braindead corpse currently at POTUS, and the POTUS-in-waiting when current one flatlines - is not one bit more intelligent or competent than him. How is this even possible?

People on right, middle (and moderate left....America-supporting Dems) are waking up at how screwed we are, putting these people in charge. I predict a big correction coming in 2022. And 2024.

How's that "defund the police" rhetoric working up there in Minnesota @Heelicious ? That's a rhetorical question as I read just yesterday about the kids that were shot last weekend - a couple at an illegal street race and the 14 year old who went to a graduation party with his older brother.

What else is up in that liberal shithole you live in?

How's that "defund the police" rhetoric working up there in Minnesota @Heelicious ? That's a rhetorical question as I read just yesterday about the kids that were shot last weekend - a couple at an illegal street race and the 14 year old who went to a graduation party with his older brother.

What else is up in that liberal shithole you live in?
It is out of control - beyond description, beyond belief.

We were out of town this weekend to Galena, Illinois for my son's wedding. A wonderful event.

We returned to hear a bit about the shooting. This didn't involve the Mpls police who have largely been weakened by funding reduction and related resignations.

The main criminal that got shot had it coming. Again - surprise surprise - he was wanted on two felony counts of illegal ownership of a firearm, and usage of it to harrass / attack his girlfriend....and was shot when resisting arrest, and when pulling the gun on federal agents.

But it is so grudging how the media tells the facts. Instead they say: "another black citizen (comedian, dude with a family) shot by cops". That's it. that's the headline. No info on him being a criminal, attacking the cops first, resisting arrest.

We are looking to move, and since these sorts of shooting events seem to happen almost monthly....and carjackings and innocent people (including kids) getting shot happens almost weekly.... we can not get out of this city fast enough.

I think its true for almost every large leftist-run metro area, though. Which is the case, the problem for Minneapolis. Have been run by anti-cop, soft on crime leftist people for literally 60 years.

It is out of control - beyond description, beyond belief.

We were out of town this weekend to Galena, Illinois for my son's wedding. A wonderful event.

We returned to hear a bit about the shooting. This didn't involve the Mpls police who have largely been weakened by funding reduction and related resignations.

The main criminal that got shot had it coming. Again - surprise surprise - he was wanted on two felony counts of illegal ownership of a firearm, and usage of it to harrass / attack his girlfriend....and was shot when resisting arrest, and when pulling the gun on federal agents.

But it is so grudging how the media tells the facts. Instead they say: "another black citizen (comedian, dude with a family) shot by cops". That's it. that's the headline. No info on him being a criminal, attacking the cops first, resisting arrest.

We are looking to move, and since these sorts of shooting events seem to happen almost monthly....and carjackings and innocent people (including kids) getting shot happens almost weekly.... we can not get out of this city fast enough.

I think its true for almost every large leftist-run metro area, though. Which is the case, the problem for Minneapolis. Have been run by anti-cop, soft on crime leftist people for literally 60 years.

First of all, congratulations on your son's marriage. Here's to a long, happy union for the new couple.

Secondly, good luck getting away from that hell hole. Is your job holding you there or what?

I also read that after these recent shootings, the Mayor is asking for help from neighboring law enforcement agencies. The piece I read said that the Minneapolis PD is down roughly 200 officers because they all quit in the last 12 months. LOL. Why the hell would any neighboring agencies want to help out a city that has repeatedly shit on their own PD and talked shit constantly about law enforcement?

These loser liberals will eventually see the error of their ways. It would truly be a shame if a few of them got carjacked on the way home to their gated communities.

43932811-9660943-Vice_President_Kamala_Harris_visit_to_Guatemala_was_met_with_pro-a-28_1623083301964.jpg

Looks to be at least 30 or so, which is about double the number that showed up for a Biden/Harris campaign rally last fall.

First of all, congratulations on your son's marriage. Here's to a long, happy union for the new couple.

Secondly, good luck getting away from that hell hole. Is your job holding you there or what?

I also read that after these recent shootings, the Mayor is asking for help from neighboring law enforcement agencies. The piece I read said that the Minneapolis PD is down roughly 200 officers because they all quit in the last 12 months. LOL. Why the hell would any neighboring agencies want to help out a city that has repeatedly shit on their own PD and talked shit constantly about law enforcement?

These loser liberals will eventually see the error of their ways. It would truly be a shame if a few of them got carjacked on the way home to their gated communities.
Thanks for the well wishes. My son and his new wife are off to a great start, and we are proud of them. They met first week as freshmen at Hillsdale College in Michigan.

My son graduated with double majors in Classics and in Philosophy/Religion. He did really well on the LSAT, and had good recommendations, so he got a full-ride scholarship for law school at U of Alabama, which is a well-regarded law school, especially in the south. His wife has a good Spanish-teaching job in Tuscaloosa, which is what she studied in college, so its all good. They both start this August.

We are doing a lot of work this summer to get our house ready to sell, and have been looking at homes in our destination city for several months. We could leave at any time...I am 95% sure I could continue to work from (new) home for my corporate office job, as I have every day since mid-March 2020. I do need to determine how my current job, restructures, etc. shake out to see if I stay with current company or move on to better opportunities.

I have no faith / no hope for this city of Mpls or state of MN actually turning around. The left-leaning, anti-cop, anti-individual freedom & responsibility is just way too deeply entrenched, ingrained, corrupt to change, in the next many years anyway.

I've recently begun to see it this way....if you rank states from 1 to 50 on a cultural / social / political / quality-of-life scale, where would MN rank? Easily in the 40-50 range. With the New York, CA, MA, MD group.

So what would it take to move them to a top tier state? For me and my family interests, with parents and an estate that needs tending in SD, lower taxes, lower crime, more freedom, better pol climate, prettier surroundings, etc... why wouldn't I move from a #45 state to a top 10 state?

My youngest son will be a junior in high school this fall. He is a big time swimmer and we'd like to have him compete through his senior year. We have home schooled our kids through high school, including taking a lot of classes outside the home (on line, etc) so we could move at almost any time. By summer of 2023 at latest we will be out of here, to Black Hills, a pretty place, away from big cities, but still with enough to do, a decent airport, etc.

I agree 100% with your cop comments. The mayor and city council members are soft, clueless, idiots. The police rightly have quit in droves... and I think the ones that have stayed on have pulled back (are much more selective about what calls they respond to - knowing to not get into a situation where they will get framed).

Reactions: gunslingerdick
those are all the Guatemalans not at our border
Why are all the Guatemalans headed for US border?

You thought it was to earn a better living than in their country? You fool.

Kamal Toes told us its because of (in their country of Guatemala): Racism. and Sexism. and Climate Doom.

Of course it is. Because these three "causes" are at the heart of every problem in every country from now throughout rest of eternity.

Reactions: bluetoe

Kamal Toes told us its because of (in their country of Guatemala): Racism. and Sexism. and Climate Doom.

Of course it is. Because these three "causes" are at the heart of every problem in every country from now throughout rest of eternity.
I need of them to report to work monday.

The moronic liberals have jumped the shark. Now they're even telling people in other countries what they should be offended by. This can't be real life. But unfortunately, it is.

Death or life in prison will prevent it from happening again, which is all any of us should be concerned about at this point.
Too late, already happened, several people are lucky they aren't dead or paralyzed. I have no idea why this dude broke bad, but the prison system didn't slow him down at all... Damage has been done.

It is dumb to try and microscope this one specific anecdotal example, but my point is that prisons clearly didn't prevent this dude from going homicidal despite their existence.
It's entirely possible that when most people commit a premeditated crime, they've justified it in their minds... at least enough to go through with it, at that moment. People steal because they feel they're "owed" something, or "they stole it from me, so I'm getting something back", or whatever the justification. Or, maybe they're just desperate. Maybe they've gotten away with it enough and it's become sort of a cottage industry for them.

When people commit violent crimes- especially those that end with the deaths of other people- then, there's even more justification in play. If they're psychotic, or sociopaths, then they probably aren't wired the way most people are wired and don't care. I don't think those people are able to be rehabilitated. So, they're probably not on the same level of consciousness as the rest of us. Keep them separated from the rest of us!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT