ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

isn't it telling that all we used to hear reported was that Trump lied about something, whereas you hardly hear a peep out of the media regarding Biden's compulsive lying. There used to be at least one idiot maintaining a lie counter on Trump, and yet I can't recall a single miscue that might materially have affected us and the country, at least in any negative sense. Biden's lies (and obama's before him) are often a deceitful attempt to bamboozle us in order to carry out the agenda.

And with Trump, those lies were usually just a careless disregard for a fact that wasn't really germaine to the point he was making. I know exactly where he was coming from, because when you're only trying to get a point across, it doesn't really matter how many apples are in a bushel.

With Biden, the point is the lie. Our borders are secure. Right.

Last edited:
Reactions: nctransplant
Apparently the weather wasn't bad enough to stop EVERYONE ELSE from attending. And the point isn't the fact that he wasn't in attendance but his disrespectful comments about our dead military members.
the point was that Goldberg was revealed to be FOS in his story. Had I at first realized that the story came from The Atlantic, of which he was apparently editor-in-chief, I would have just laughed this entire segment of the thread off.

"Apparently the weather wasn't bad enough to stop EVERYONE ELSE from attending."

Was everyone else the president being flown in by helicopter?

With Biden, the point is the lie. Our borders are secure.
This is a really appropriate distinction. They both lie, constantly. Remember the ole joke about a politician only lies when his mouth is moving? But the type and context matters. Your point about Joe and the border is perfect.

With He Who Must Not Be Re-Elected, they will attack him on things like building a wall is absurd, walls don't work, he didn't get a wall built, Mexico didn't pay for the wall, etc. But the point is that Trump recognized that criminals (every single one is a criminal once they act as such) pouring over our border unchecked is a short and long term problem for our country. Consequently, he tried to do things even if they were not effective (we can debate specifics endlessly).

With Joe, he simply lies and tells us the border is secure, yet record numbers arrive on his watch. Until recently, the press wouldn't even cover it. And he still hasn't done anything about it. Whose lie about the border is worse for our country? And, is there more to the story and one of the liars wants us flooded with illegals?

Apparently the weather wasn't bad enough to stop EVERYONE ELSE from attending. And the point isn't the fact that he wasn't in attendance but his disrespectful comments about our dead military members.

Trump called war dead ‘losers’ and ‘suckers,’ Atlantic report says​

Trump referred to Marines buried at cemetery in France in crude and derogatory terms, a former senior official says​

President Donald Trump referred to fallen US service members at the Aisne-Marne cemetery in crude and derogatory terms during a November 2018 trip to France to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, a former senior administration official confirmed.
Russia, Russia, Russia.

Keep on Hoaxing.

And with Trump, those lies were usually just a careless disregard for a fact that wasn't really germaine to the point he was making. I know exactly where he was coming from, because when you're only trying to get a point across, it doesn't really matter how many apples are in a bushel.
That's it. Make up your own lies to cover for Tump's lies to highlight Biden's lies. Great strategy!

This is a really appropriate distinction. They both lie, constantly. Remember the ole joke about a politician only lies when his mouth is moving? But the type and context matters. Your point about Joe and the border is perfect.

With He Who Must Not Be Re-Elected, they will attack him on things like building a wall is absurd, walls don't work, he didn't get a wall built, Mexico didn't pay for the wall, etc. But the point is that Trump recognized that criminals (every single one is a criminal once they act as such) pouring over our border unchecked is a short and long term problem for our country. Consequently, he tried to do things even if they were not effective (we can debate specifics endlessly).

With Joe, he simply lies and tells us the border is secure, yet record numbers arrive on his watch. Until recently, the press wouldn't even cover it. And he still hasn't done anything about it. Whose lie about the border is worse for our country? And, is there more to the story and one of the liars wants us flooded with illegals?
and don't forget obama and the lie he foisted on this entire country in order to become known as the president who managed to get some form of universal healthcare instituted. The jerk who concocted the verbiage even admitted to wording it in a deceitful manner. But where is the hue and cry over that outrage? The media and the morons who supported obama and now Biden would still eat the corn out of his poop.

Reactions: Archer2
That's it. Make up your own lies to cover for Tump's lies to highlight Biden's lies. Great strategy!
example? Would you care to substantiate your contention? I didn't think so. I followed much of what he said when he was in office and I stand by the fact that most of the lies that libs were shrieking about were inconsequential so far as having any detrimental affect on ANYthing. To people interested in betterment, it doesn't matter how many apples are in a bushel...to the lib detractors, if you didn't count them out it was like an act of treason. Not now though. Hmmm.

When a known liar, like you, accuses you of lying, you know who's really lying.

In related news, the Midas touch has been superseded by the Donald touch:

1713212305131.png

How many of you hayseeds emptied your piggy bank and invested in Trump's latest grift?

I followed much of what he said when he was in office and I stand by the fact that most of the lies that libs were shrieking about were inconsequential so far as having any detrimental affect on ANYthing.
But yesterday's imaginative storytelling by Joe Biden about hungry cannibals in the Pacific could send America into crisis. Oh, the horror!!

Trump called war dead ‘losers’ and ‘suckers,’ Atlantic report says​

Trump referred to Marines buried at cemetery in France in crude and derogatory terms, a former senior official says​

President Donald Trump referred to fallen US service members at the Aisne-Marne cemetery in crude and derogatory terms during a November 2018 trip to France to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, a former senior administration official confirmed.

"The reporter stands by it and his unnamed sources."

blank-stare-really.gif

But yesterday's imaginative storytelling by Joe Biden about hungry cannibals in the Pacific could send America into crisis. Oh, the horror!!
The cannibals might not but check in with NY, Chicago, California, Laken Riley's parents and see if our "secure" border is a crisis. Ask average Americans if the $11,000 extra per year they are spending on essentials is a crisis in their households. Your constant talking points keep moving you further and further along the spectrum.

Reactions: bluetoe and Archer2
I guess you just turned the usual blind eye to my mention of the 'secure border' lie. Yeah, that one is insignificant. Like the 'know nothing about Hunter's business dealings' lie.

In related news, the Midas touch has been superseded by the Donald touch:

1713212305131.png

How many of you hayseeds emptied your piggy bank and invested in Trump's latest grift?
how many of us obsessively live and die BY CHOICE on the misfortunes of the entity that has infected you with such angst? The misfortunes Biden has manufactured are OUR misfortunes, and I promise we didn't choose to live by them...but we have to live by them just the same.

I guess you just turned the usual blind eye to my mention of the 'secure border' lie. Yeah, that one is insignificant. Like the 'know nothing about Hunter's business dealings' lie.
"We were getting ready to win this election. Frankly, we did win this election."
- Donald Trump

The lie of all lies.

"We were getting ready to win this election. Frankly, we did win this election."
- Donald Trump

The lie of all lies.
to call it a lie is subjective. It isn't true by way of official vote count. But that doesn't make it a lie considering the way the election was conducted and the reality that not that many key, improperly accounted votes might alter the outcome, To me, it amounts to an opinion and one that I don't entirely believe to be based on a false notion. My argument is only that HIS argument wasn't going to be a winnable one, and that he should have just conceded.

You of course characterize it as a lie because that's what you NEED to do, not because that's what it is.

to call it a lie is subjective. It isn't true by way of official vote count. But that doesn't make it a lie considering the way the election was conducted and the reality that not that many key, improperly accounted votes might alter the outcome, To me, it amounts to an opinion and one that I don't entirely believe to be based on a false notion.
A false notion?!?! He's still spewing that same lie almost four years later. For Donald Trump, it's considerably more than just a false notion. And who are you to be talking about reality? We've already established the fact that your so-called reality is quite different than everyone else's.

Git along, little dogie.

A false notion?!?! He's still spewing that same lie almost four years later. For Donald Trump, it's considerably more than just a false notion. And who are you to be talking about reality? We've already established the fact that your so-called reality is quite different than everyone else's.

Git along, little dogie.
we've established that your reality is usually a lie, so I'm not much bothered by what you say about my reality. And you previously protested that I was being literal about reality, which made it not like yours. That says all that needs to be said about your reality as compared to mine to mine.

If he spewed it as an opinion then, why wouldn't he still be voicing the same opinion? Your arguments are literally vacuous.

Argue this, Trumpers:

I watched about a minute and a half before I said 'so what?'. We don't know he has detractors? We don't know that TDS is a real thing? We don't realize that many people have obscure motives for saying what they say? We don't have the proven track record of Trump as president, which is what matters and not the compiled butthurt opinions of those who are TDS victims?.

Most importantly, we don't know that the alternative to Trump is more Biden/Harris?

Don't waste our time with this tripe.

I watched about a minute and a half before I said 'so what?'. We don't know he has detractors? We don't know that TDS is a real thing? We don't realize that many people have obscure motives for saying what they say? We don't have the proven track record of Trump as president, which is what matters and not the compiled butthurt opinions of those who are TDS victims?.

Most importantly, we don't know that the alternative to Trump is more Biden/Harris?

Don't waste our time with this tripe.
Yeah, those professionals and elected officials who know Trump best from their time working with him should be dismissed in favor of some pipsqueak ranting his bitterness all over a message board.

Riiight.

Yeah, those professionals and elected officials who know Trump best from their time working with him should be dismissed in favor of some pipsqueak ranting his bitterness all over a message board.

Riiight.
are you just completely stupid? I see Biden/Harris every day, just like I saw Trump every day. I don't need others gripes to help me see what I plainly see. If you need help getting dressed in the morning, too bad for you. I don't.

Riiight.

The thing is, which you and your idiot liberal brethren still don’t get is this: I don’t know if what any of those people say is true or not. I’ll buy some of it as true. My response is, “so what?” It’s irrelevant to his ability to get the country where we need to be. If some people are collateral damage for the greater good, so be it. Why would I give a f*ck if Anthony Scaramucci got his feelings hurt? Why would I give a f*ck if you got your feelings hurt? Why would I give a f*ck if anyone got their feelings hurt. The majority of Americans’ lives were better off from 2016-2020 than from 2021-2024 by almost every meaningful metric. Was it luck? In the right place at the right time? No one gives a shit. And you can search YouTube until you’re blue in the face for these kind of videos. They’re not moving the needle. Trump is going to win the election. It’s happening. What that’s gonna show is that despite the coordinated attack against everything Trump, whether deserved or not, enough people are still going to vote for him. Because they either don’t believe your side or don’t care. Amen.

Riiight.
Well, you lost me when you link a video that starts with Cassidy Hutchinson - because you STILL believe that Trump wrestled his secret service driver in the Beast to force him to go to the Capitol - rather than presenting the testimony they took (and destroyed) of the actual agent involved. But I did watch the entire thing, so I have to thank you for a hearty chuckle. It's not everyday that you get to see people like Michael Cohen, the multiple convicted perjurer (and future star witness of the current trial), as your smoking gun evidence to support your position. Keep on Hoaxing.

The majority of Americans’ lives were better off from 2016-2020 than from 2021-2024 by almost every meaningful metric.
Yeah, that year 2020 was one for the record books! People in this country getting sick and dying, Trump pretending to know more about science than the scientists, Trump as our "wartime president" having his ass handed to him by COVID. And, oh yeah, the economy swirling down the drain. Who could forget that?

Good times, for sure! How's that for meaningful metrics?

Yeah, that year 2020 was one for the record books! People in this country getting sick and dying, Trump pretending to know more about science than the scientists, Trump as our "wartime president" having his ass handed to him by COVID. And, oh yeah, the economy swirling down the drain. Who could forget that?

By my count you got your ass handed to you all day yesterday. You coming back for more today? Maybe your boy Biden will send a few more pallets of cash to Iran to help them get rid of Isreal. His foreign policy is great isn't it. Maybe @prlyles will come out of hiding and help you out with this one, birds of a feather. I'm betting Isreal, despite Biden, hands Iran an ass whipping similar to the one's you've been getting here daily.

Reactions: bluetoe and Archer2
I'm sure @Heels Noir was a simpleton before he contracted TDS. Since he has had this apparently uncurable disease, his
lack of comprehension has been exacerbated. I'd feel sorry for him if he weren't such an ass. The trouble is that he and his progressive friends refuse to change their minds about anything political in nature, even when presented with facts that contradict their ingrained biases.

A prime example is his "COVID kicked Trump's ass" remark. COVID kicked the world's collective asses when the Chinese allowed it to escape from the Wuhan lab and then tried to hide it, thereby allowing it to make its way around the world. The Chinese government is literally responsible for the deaths of millions of innocent people. Trump handled it about as well as was possible under the circumstances. We got a grip on it in a little over a year, something that never would have happened under this administration. We'd still be waiting for a vaccine to get approved. Did we overreact a little? Absolutely, but so did the rest of the world. It was a very scary scenario. All in all Trump did pretty much all he could do. Now Fauci and the WHO is a different story, full of disinformation and outright lies.

And? The Trump haters always want to take this tactic to somehow claim that he totally missed the boat.

First, what is always done when you clip words or statements without context is that the meaning and what was being said gets totally distorted. Second, much of what was said was actually true, but you fail to acknowledge in the statement when he says words like "hopefully". Third, what is always failed to be understood by you and other haters is that a president's role is to manage as opposed to being completely objective as if one has the benefit of hindsight and is teaching a history lesson.

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic for the sake of controlling panic and managing the overall situation. It's much like the old thing about being a duck. A president can appear appear to be calm and smoothly navigating things to those watching from the edge of the pond while she or he is paddling furiously beneath the water. It's just partisan and tds'ing to hold such interaction against him, particularly when it turns out that he was being mislead and incorrectly advised left and right. Now, go get another faucci ouchi so things will be ok for you.

you have to just chuckle at the purposeful distortions and the weak arrows used here. Covid kicked Trump's ass? Covid kicked OUR ass only because the demlibs panicked and insisted on shutting down everything that could be shut down.

Covid was not of Trump's making, but he did try to stem it's spread into our country by restricting travel from the source. OH MY GOD the xenophobia said the liberal fools. And when he called Covid the 'China disease', you never heard such clucking. Oh, the racism, they said. And that sums up the dichotomy. A common sense person tries to remedy a situation with logical solutions and the demlibs are only concerned that some illusory wokeness is adhered to. They would rather watch the house burn down than fight the fire with water suggested to be taken from a right wing well.

Trump very clearly warned against overreacting just as many of us did here. But the demlibs don't have common sense in their toolbelt, it's too full of contrariness to anything Trump might suggest.

So then when millions of people are sitting at home twiddling their thumbs while the economy takes a hit, Trump has to bite into it even more to help them survive. And now that economy is all Trumps fault? And the fact that those people sitting at home getting paid are reluctant to come back to work, that's Trump's fault? But even richer, once Covid starts to fade and the economy inevitably starts to crawl back, Biden and the other dems crow 'look how we are adding jobs and growing the economy. You've never seen such growth'. The demlibs might be lacking in common sense but there's no lack of shamelessness and duplicity.

And I have never disagreed that Trump has made some pretty off the wall comments, but I have pointed out endlessly that none of that matters at all. It's like saying he's a bad president because he has a mole. SO FVCKING WHAT? It's what actual effect he has that matters, and when you compare that to the fiasco that Biden/Harris is, putting the 'criminal' back in office is a no brainer...and actual no-brainers will still try to champion the uselessness currently at the helm.

• Love

The only people that got sick and died were residents of nursing homes where dem governors stupidly put COVID sick patients.

The economy was destroyed by liberals freaking out and closing up everything. Needlessly.

And then yeah, let's not forget what they did to kids by kicking them out of schools. Literally ruined the mental health of millions of school aged kids. And now we have mental illness running rampant in youth as evidenced by the numbers of trans kids.

Even if you don't believe the suspect research was funded by dems and even if you don't believe they purposely released it to hurt Trump and even if you do believe it was truly killing people, the Dems own COVID. 100%. Your side f*cked it up. Don't dare put it on Trump.

Reactions: bluetoe
I'm so grateful that the world's most powerful person told another country not to attack one of it's own cities.

What in the absolute f*ck? How are even liberals not concerned with this? This is an old man with a mushy brain that cannot finish thoughts or communicate. He's an absolute mess and yet half the country is sitting back watching this happen and are like, "nothing to see here."

The Lord needs to do us and Joe himself a favor and take this man.

What in the absolute f*ck? How are even liberals not concerned with this? This is an old man with a mushy brain that cannot finish thoughts or communicate. He's an absolute mess and yet half the country is sitting back watching this happen and are like, "nothing to see here."

The Lord needs to do us and Joe himself a favor and take this man.
apparently, the Lord has his limits. Otherwise he wouldn't be keeping him on his last leg so long.

let's not forget what they did to kids by kicking them out of schools. Literally ruined the mental health of millions of school aged kids. And now we have mental illness running rampant in youth as evidenced by the numbers of trans kids.
I won't even address the rest of your post, complete fabricated lies like "the only people that got sick and died were residents of nursing homes," but are you suggesting COVID caused kids to start going tranny?

You're an absolute nutcase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT