ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

My favorite is when heelman . . . er, Robert Smigel says to the Gays for Trump dude, "My name's Triumph. I'm with Dogs for Michael Vick."
🤣
It's got several good ones. Smigel is a great talent. I even saw a guy with a shirt that said "Jews For Trump!" There's a ton of money being made using his name. Trump swag is a lucrative industry.

ahhh, i recall this when “w” was elected as well…it is what it is, and it looks like we’re all here for it.
Yup. The whole reason Trump won in 2016 is cuz people hated Hillary... not cuz the loved Trump, heck nobody even knew what his policy was (still not sure actually).

Politics these days is about how much you dislike the opposing person rather than than how happy you are with the panderer who claims to align with your values.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Yup. The whole reason Trump won in 2016 is cuz people hated Hillary... not cuz the loved Trump, heck nobody even knew what his policy was (still not sure actually).

Politics these days is about how much you dislike the opposing person rather than than how happy you are with the panderer who claims to align with your values.
such liberal jibber-jabber. We who favor a Trump-like presidency know what his plocies were and are. He has demonstrated them abundantly, and anyone who denies knowing them is purposely refusing to see.

-control of the border and immigration in general
-instituting fair trade between us and our trading partners
-America first...which is why he leveraged our NATO partners to do their share, and why he generally endeavors to eliminate the ingrained practice of our wealth and generosity being taken advantage of.
-reasonable taxation on business, and declining to burden business with social crap.
-making the economic climate here favorable to business such that companies aren't so eager to locate their facilities...and sometimes headquarters...overseas
-judicious use of the military and avoiding conflicts that needlessly cost lives

how's that for starters? Take your blinders off or just be honest. You know what he was for and against, you just can't argue against them.

And I should add that MANY years ago when he first toyed with the idea of becoming president, he voiced these objectives, and he has continued to carry the same themes forward without flip-flopping for votes.

You want to know what Biden's policies are? Then you have to go back in time and try to somehow average them out between then and now, because .he has flip-flopped on them politically more than a just-landed fish. I'm talking 180's.

ETA..that doesn't mean you aren't right about your main point though. I first said Trump running for president would be a clown show. I quickly changed my mind once the campaigns got under way and I became a believer. But the sheer ecstasy I felt when he won was just as much born of hatred for that two-faced bitch as it was for his presidency.

Last edited:
maybe i don’t understand the relationship between trump and national enquirer guy, but lol did trump accuse ted cruz’s dad of being involved with the jfk assassination because of a national enquirer story?

and now that guy is testifying that for years he withheld shady stories about trump?…lol the national enquirer????

Reactions: prlyles
maybe i don’t understand the relationship between trump and national enquirer guy, but lol did trump accuse ted cruz’s dad of being involved with the jfk assassination because of a national enquirer story?

and now that guy is testifying that for years he withheld shady stories about trump?…lol the national enquirer????
You can't this stuff up. The National Enquirer certainly can, though.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016...-results/2016/05/trump-ted-cruz-father-222730

Trump is butt hurt over lack of protestor supporters so blames the police for turning away “thousands of supporters” around the courthouse. Meanwhile at the courthouse...

• Haha
Reactions: Heels Noir
Trump is butt hurt over lack of protestor supporters so blames the police for turning away “thousands of supporters” around the courthouse. Meanwhile at the courthouse...

So, you are suggesting per the video that NYC invested all that time and effort in designing their response, put up barriers, surely put on extra security paying all kinds of OT to off duty cops, etc. and no one came?

What a bunch of boneheads wasting taxpayer dollars like that. Indict them!

Or, perhaps the tictaker you posted obtained video when it wasn't even happening or Trump was already inside and not emerging for hours just to fulfill an agenda? Nah, that couldn't be it.

I read this yesterday. It has been their plan all along.
Agreed. But, to a certain poster here, who (to paraphrase him) could be described as a Biden crotch remora, he seems to blindly accept the notion that all this immigration business, legal or not, is all about the goodness of our hearts rather than an element of a greater plan, he needs to see it. Whether he will read it and have the capacity to add 2 and 2 to get 4 is an entirely different question.

But, to a certain poster here, who (to paraphrase him) could be described as a Biden crotch remora, he seems to blindly accept the notion that all this immigration business, legal or not, is all about the goodness of our hearts rather than an element of a greater plan, he needs to see it.
While we're on the subject, has the House made any progress on drafting a new immigration bill to replace the one they not only drafted but then shot down recently? Outside of an executive order or an act of congress, the problem isn't going to fix itself.

And no, I didn't read the story. Who cares what goes on in Arizona?

Well, she's got the squatter cum legal citizen vote locked up.
^^^^^ made a small adjustment

I'm telling you, the SOB (Biden and his ilk) is trying his best to screw us as a country and half the country is turning a blind eye to it. This is the unblelievable part. His ardent supporters will readily admit that there is a problem with illegals swarming us...yet they will support anything and everything Biden does to exacerbate the problem,

Keep on sheepin' is right.

Last edited:
is the National Enquirer being disrespected here? Seriously? They are the only ones who broke this story when it got past every other major media outlet.

d3664d5c92e691375b7bc25ef73e91b0.jpg

But in reality they gained a little...a lot... when they busted the slime John Edwards and effectively ended his bid for the presidency, thank you NE and Jesus

Agreed. But, to a certain poster here, who (to paraphrase him) could be described as a Biden crotch remora, he seems to blindly accept the notion that all this immigration business, legal or not, is all about the goodness of our hearts rather than an element of a greater plan, he needs to see it. Whether he will read it and have the capacity to add 2 and 2 to get 4 is an entirely different question.
"Whether he will read it and have the capacity to add 2 and 2 to get 4 is an entirely different question."

he'll get four but he'll tell you it's three. He's currently going to the same old well and insinuating that republicans aren't for securing the border. He's trying to deflect from this latest report and from the fact that the last attempt at addressing the border was barely even about our border but was instead more loaded with the dem wish list for foreign borders.

Nothing is more predictable than one of our house libs deflecting from the inarguable rather than addressing it honestly and straight up.

But in reality [the National Enquirer} gained a little...a lot... when they busted the slime John Edwards and effectively ended his bid for the presidency,
A presidential candidate caught having an extramarital affair while his poor wife is at home and none the wiser. Where else have I heard a story like that?

is the National Enquirer being disrespected here? Seriously? They are the only ones who broke this story when it got past every other major media outlet.

d3664d5c92e691375b7bc25ef73e91b0.jpg

But in reality they gained a little...a lot... when they busted the slime John Edwards and effectively ended his bid for the presidency, thank you NE and Jesus
they’re all slime…is the pride of robbins any different?

A presidential candidate caught having an extramarital affair while his poor wife is at home and none the wiser. Where else have I heard a story like that?
and of course it has to be explained to you just as with some third-grader.

Edwards got busted for cheating on his wife while she was dying of cancer, which elevates(?) his cheating to a much higher grade of scumminess. Secondly, Trump has never tried to push himself as an evangelist, but Edwards DID try (and succeed) to emphatically sell his sheeps on his goodliness...which elevates (?) that hypocrisy to a much more disgusting level. But even to begin with, none of that is why I referred to him as slime. Before I even knew of his affair, I was calling him slime because I knew he was just another two-faced self-promoting politician interested in nothing as much as his own political advancement.

None of us who support Trump batted an eye over learning of his dabbling in dark places, because 1) we weren't blindsided by the revelation, especially with him being forthright enough to admit to his proclivities, and 2) we knew that he was primarily interested in advancing US along with himself.

Edwards couldn't have cared less about anything beyond his own slimy ass, just like the current POS whose taint you would gladly lick, once you got finished with what is on either side of that.

I wouldn't really call either wife poor, but at least Melania has been around and able to enjoy the rewards

they’re all slime…is the pride of robbins any different?
yes. Slime and helping us is a whole different ballgame from slime and not giving a shit about anything but himself. And before you even go to the usual place, read what I actually posted so I don't have to call anyone a dumbass. I even used underlining to ward off the habitually disingenuous, not that it will do any good.

Edwards got busted for cheating on his wife while she was dying of cancer, which elevates(?) his cheating to a much higher grade of scumminess.
tiger, by all accounts was great, but in reality was/is a total pos…did great things for kids, the sport, etc…but he’s as slimy as clinton, edwards, trump, jfk, etc…the guy is still revered, possibly because it’s a fall from grace/comeback story.

it’s obvious that’s it’s politically motivated with you and many others, which is fine…trump was outed before he won in 16 with the “grab” audio and still won when nobody knew how he would govern or what he would tweet…the guy was a pro-choice/friend of the clintons lol.

it’s just wild to me…i’m not voting for biden or trump or rfkjr so i’ll probably not complain at all after november because i decided not to support any of these clowns.

tiger, by all accounts was great, but in reality was/is a total pos…did great things for kids, the sport, etc…but he’s as slimy as clinton, edwards, trump, jfk, etc…the guy is still revered, possibly because it’s a fall from grace/comeback story.

it’s obvious that’s it’s politically motivated with you and many others, which is fine…trump was outed before he won in 16 with the “grab” audio and still won when nobody knew how he would govern or what he would tweet…the guy was a pro-choice/friend of the clintons lol.

it’s just wild to me…i’m not voting for biden or trump or rfkjr so i’ll probably not complain at all after november because i decided not to support any of these clowns.
yeah, to me that's just bailing on responsibility. Even if you're going to disparage whoever was elected, you still should decide which one is going to be less harmful to our collective interests. Not having to say you voted for a shitshow doesn't help the situation much. JMO.

My liberal sister and her four liberal girls are shocked at my being conservative and my having voted for Trump. 'How can you do that after what he said?' my sister asked, 'knowing how much you care about my girls'. I reminded her that HER choice threw the women under the bus who accused her husband, and who were bought off; and who amused himself by playing hide the cigar in the oval office with a girl who was half his age. THEN she actually had the balls to shamelessly proclaim 'you have to believe the woman'. All Trump had done at the time was talk, as far as anyone could say. Being liberal, of course my sis had no answer to any of that.

That being said, I never 'voted' for Tiger. There just seemed to be an off-putting arrogance about him. I wasn't at all surptised when his sliminess was outed. Jack Nicklaus is arrogant as well, IMO, but I'm happy that records will remain as they are between the two.

Reactions: Archer2
While we're on the subject, has the House made any progress on drafting a new immigration bill to replace the one they not only drafted but then shot down recently? Outside of an executive order or an act of congress, the problem isn't going to fix itself.
Don't expect an answer.

Reactions: Heels Noir

Don't expect an answer.

@prlyles Here's your answer numbnuts.

Reactions: gunslingerdick

This just shows how (and I'm being kind here) disingenuous you can be. The House NEVER drafted and shot down an actual immigration bill as it did nothing to actually address the issue of legal immigration. What they did was label a foreign funding bill as immigration, you believed the title, and they got caught doing so. Sadly, you still believe it was an immigration bill that had to do with our border security. In reality, it changed the rules to hurt the situation and it got shot down. Nevertheless, they passed a new bill and the mumbler in chief has signed it. So, your answer to the question is a Yes.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
Edwards got busted for cheating on his wife while she was dying of cancer, which elevates(?) his cheating to a much higher grade of scumminess. Secondly, Trump has never tried to push himself as an evangelist, but Edwards DID try (and succeed) to emphatically sell his sheeps on his goodliness...which elevates (?) that hypocrisy to a much more disgusting level.
Donald Trump was cheating on his wife while she was still breast feeding their newborn son. Adultery is adultery, and for you to insinuate that one instance of it is worse than another shows how partisan and out of touch you truly are.

As for evangelizing, at least John Edwards never hocked overpriced Bibles to his cult followers in a blasphemous effort to raise much-needed funds for his criminal defense fees.
None of us who support Trump batted an eye over learning of his dabbling in dark places, because 1) we weren't blindsided by the revelation, especially with him being forthright enough to admit to his proclivities
Forthright? The next time Donald Trump is forthright about anything will be the first time. He's still denying his affair with Stormy Daniels. God, you are stupid.

This just shows how (and I'm being kind here) disingenuous you can be. The House NEVER drafted and shot down an actual immigration bill as it did nothing to actually address the issue of legal immigration. What they did was label a foreign funding bill as immigration, you believed the title, and they got caught doing so. Sadly, you still believe it was an immigration bill that had to do with our border security. In reality, it changed the rules to hurt the situation and it got shot down. Nevertheless, they passed a new bill and the mumbler in chief has signed it. So, your answer to the question is a Yes.

My bad - it was drafted by a bipartisan group of members of the U.S. Senate and its chief architect was Senator James Lankford, a Republican.

We all know how the bill was packaged with foreign aid to Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan, just like most bipartisan bills are packaged. But it was the House of Representatives, at the urging of Donald Trump, who shot the entire bill down in an effort to gain political momentum ahead of the 2024 election.

What's interesting is a new foreign aid bill was just passed but instead of a revised immigration bill, the House instead is more concerned with shutting down TikTok. Makes me wonder just where Republican priorities are these days.

Why not vote for the lesser evil? Or do you feel they're equally evil in terms of longterm and short-term impact?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT