ADVERTISEMENT

Orange Bowl gamethread

Today could be a defining game for the program and the players who desire to support their teammates.
Although it will not be easy, we can still spring the upset. GO HEELS!

I haven't kept up with Texas A&M recently. Did any of their players opt out?

Looking at the depth chart last night, we still have a lot of guys who can make plays at receiver. The real question will be what Brooks and Henderson can do in the running game. If the line can open up holes for them then they will be just fine. If they have to create and make guys miss then we are in trouble.

Opting out is a bitch move. Maybe it’s a financially prudent bitch move, but it’s still a bitch move nonetheless.

Reactions: strummingram
Today could be a defining game for the program and the players who desire to support their teammates.
Although it will not be easy, we can still spring the upset. GO HEELS!
That opening statement can be true, both ways. If we get stomped, it could start ripples that harm the program's rise, even derailing it. If we play very well in the program's first Major Bowl since Choo Choo without 4 of the top players, then it could fan the flames of continuing improvement.

That opening statement can be true, both ways. If we get stomped, it could start ripples that harm the program's rise, even derailing it. If we play very well in the program's first Major Bowl since Choo Choo without 4 of the top players, then it could fan the flames of continuing improvement.

I don't think a loss will hurt the program long term. Mack is still recruiting well and has the program headed in the right direction.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS

Derailing the program's rise by losing to the #5 team in the country without 2 1,000 yard rushers, 1,000 yard receiver and leading tackler, in year 2? Sheesh. Program is in great shape regardless of the outcome, just wait and see for 2022 recruiting.

Reactions: MWHeels
Looking at the depth chart last night, we still have a lot of guys who can make plays at receiver. The real question will be what Brooks and Henderson can do in the running game. If the line can open up holes for them then they will be just fine. If they have to create and make guys miss then we are in trouble.

Opting out is a bitch move. Maybe it’s a financially prudent bitch move, but it’s still a bitch move nonetheless.
My biggest concern is pass protection from the RBs. Need for them to be serviceable to keep the D honest.

My biggest concern is pass protection from the RBs. Need for them to be serviceable to keep the D honest.

If the o-line gets manhandled or the RB's do a poor job of picking up the extra man then we are in for a long night.

If Sam gets a chance to sling it then we've got a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT