ADVERTISEMENT

Other ACC Games Week 2

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
On Friday, William&Mary is at UVA. The Hoos looked like a divisional champ in the 2nd half vs. Pitt and should roll. The game is on the ACCN at 8.

Also at 8 is Wake at Rice, in a show down between the two smallest schools that have been members of a Major conference. Lat week, Wake edged a Utah St team coming off a #22 ranked 11-2 team. But as the Aggies have a new coach, we have no idea how good they might be. Rice lost its opener to Army 14-7. The game is on CBSSN at 8.

Pitt hosts Ohio U to kick off Saturday. UVA dominated the Panthers in the 2nd half of the opener, and Pitt has a couple of injuries. Frank Solich is 107-75 at Ohio U, with 10 consecutive non-losing seasons. The past 2 years, the Bobcats have finished 9-4. The game is on the ACCN at 11.

Syracuse, assumed by the media to be the 2nd best ACC team again this year, goes to Maryland. Cuse opened with a lackluster win at Liberty, and the Terps scored 79 at home vs. Howard. The game is on ESPN at 12.

At 12 on ESPNU, Old Dominion travels to VT. The Hokies lost their opener at BC, and cannot afford to lose to ODU in back to back years.

The Western Carolina Catamounts take on the MooU Wufs in Raleigh. Swofford once again has cheated the beloved Pack by forcing the ACCN to carry the game only on its Extra. Go Cats!

GT hosts South Florida on the ACCN at 2. This could be a huge game for each program. Collins knows this year is 100% about rebuilding and needs Ws to help recruiting. USF lost its Home opener to Wisconsin 49-0. The Bulls closed 2018 with 6 consecutive losses, all but 1 of them by double figures.

The Texas Aggies face the Tigers in Death Valley. Kick off is at 3:30 on ABC. The Clemson staff is reported to be telling its players that a win over A&M is a win over Paul Finebaum and therefore a win for quality football commentary.

BC hosts the Richmond Spiders at 3:30 on ACCN Extra.

The Seminoles host Louisiana-Monroe. The game is on the ACCN at 5. ULM, which was 6-6 last year, opened this year with a win over Grambling. This is a must-win for FSU.

NCA&T plays at Dook at 6 on the ACCN Extra.

Eastern Kentucky plays at Louisville. The game is on the ACCN Extra at 7. Louisville looked better against ND than almost anybody thought, but a loss to a 1AA/FCS team could derail progress.

Last night, I saw just a bit of the Wake game. I did see Sage Surratt make a big catch. He is not the largest Wake WR, and he is big and able to manhandle most CBs.

I kept the UVA game on most of the night because it was on the ACCN. The more viewers the ACCN has, the more it can charge advertisers, which means the more that UNC will get.

If you have the ACCN, I encourage you to turn it on even if you do not plan to watch the game that is on at the time. I am watching Ohio U at Pitt now.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Not ACC related but Army is up 14-7 on Michigan and about to score again. APP State part 2?

There is absolutely no way Michigan is the 7th best team in the country. Overrated.

Looks like a freshman who has never kicked a college field goal is gonna have a chance to attempt a bomb for the win in front of 100,000 people

They have had a lot of success throwing, but all they do is run. Some of the worst play calling I've ever seen.

I have never bought into the hype with Syracuse from the start...They play Clemson tough but they just did beat us last year at home....

Aggies draw first blood - 3-0.

Clemson CB missed a tackle that set up the FG.

Slow start for Clemson. They could throw the ball every down if they wanted. The group of wide receivers are plain sick....at least six deep.

Lots of SEC people think that can't happen in an ACC stadium. Death Valley is loud.

It’s a helluva lot louder than the dead cockroach down in Columbia. I don’t think any stadium in college football gets much louder than a sell out in clemson.

Reactions: John2062
It’s a helluva lot louder than the dead cockroach down in Columbia. I don’t think any stadium in college football gets much louder than a sell out in clemson.

They have a lot to cheer for right now. They are dominating A&M.

Reactions: uncboy10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT