ADVERTISEMENT

Other ACC games week 6

Since that slow start, the Cards have dominated and now lead 34-17 with 11 minutes left in the 4th.

Coming into the game, the Cards D has looked poor, and last year the UVA offense was gangbusters. This year the Hoos' offense looks average at best, including today. Malik Cunningham has not played - he did not even make the trip. Announcers have noted that UofL offense without him today looks more balanced.

Louisville now 3-3 and looking solid, while UVA drops to 2-4 and looks befuddled.

Not ACC, but... the Sooners are getting eviscerated by the Longhorns! 49-0???

Ouch!

I wonder if Brent regrets leaving the safe and successful confines of Clemson.

2-3 VT just recieved the opening kickoff from 3-2 Pitt, which somehow lost at Home last week to hapless GT.

Not ACC, but... the Sooners are getting eviscerated by the Longhorns! 49-0???

Ouch!

I wonder if Brent regrets leaving the safe and successful confines of Clemson.
I never would have guessed such a beat down. OU fans won't put up with such losses for long.

Reactions: Archer2
Izzy the RB from Pitt broke the single game rushing record set in 1975 by Tony Dorsett. And added 6 TDs against the Chokies.

The State game had some bizarre moments. Not sure the last time I saw a 3rd and 40. Then FSU is in FG range, 2nd and 8 from about the 20, down two, with 40 seconds left, and they just lob one up in the end zone. Intercepted. Game over.

• Haha
The State game had some bizarre moments. Not sure the last time I saw a 3rd and 40. Then FSU is in FG range, 2nd and 8 from about the 20, down two, with 40 seconds left, and they just lob one up in the end zone. Intercepted. Game over.
Moo getting lucky again. Should have two more losses.

Yeah, why not just run it, keep the ball and if you can get a TD that way, fine but if not, winning with a FG looks very doable.

Yep. FSU averaged about 8 yards per carry. Norvell sounded like he was going to break down and cry in his presser or maybe that's just the way he always sounds. I don't know. Pretty funny either way.

Last edited:
Jordan Travis is erratic as a passer. At times he seems like has pass well against P5 competition, but then at other times, especially under pressure, he looks like a scared HS kid passing against a sound D. Norvell won at Memphis with good passing QBs.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Izzy the RB from Pitt broke the single game rushing record set in 1975 by Tony Dorsett. And added 6 TDs against the Chokies.
I saw next to nothing of yesterday's Pitt-VT game, but those numbers are nearly unbelievable in this age of passing. I do recall very well Dorsett going off on Notre Dame. More than anything else, that set up 1976, when Pitt won the National Championship and Dorsett got the Heisman. That was a glory period for CFB.

I think Louisville doubling top UVA in Charlottesville, with no Cunningham, was the biggest surprise of ACC games this week, but GT knocking off Dook in OT also was a shocker. GT with 1 upset is one thing, but back to back Ws over teams with winning records is a huge.

We should not assume that UNC can snooze past the Jackets.

I think Louisville doubling top UVA in Charlottesville, with no Cunningham, was the biggest surprise of ACC games this week, but GT knocking off Dook in OT also was a shocker. GT with 1 upset is one thing, but back to back Ws over teams with winning records is a huge.

We should not assume that UNC can snooze past the Jackets.
UNC won't snooze past anyone.

Horrible wtf call. Is the fg unit that bad, lol?
I was watching it on TV and the State fans, and Nole fans, knew it was basically over...just waiting for the FG. Then came one of the biggest gift turnovers ever.

I was watching it on TV and the State fans, and Nole fans, knew it was basically over...just waiting for the FG. Then came one of the biggest gift turnovers ever.
FSU punter could've picked up that 1st down too. Instead he ended up puntng it beyond the LOS. So State took over at about the 12. But then ended up having to kick a 53 yard FG. Was just some really bizarre stuff going on in that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT