ADVERTISEMENT

per TOS

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
the whole shebang and not just the UNC boards - UGA and UNC are working on arranging a series.

Lots of talent in GA, so a very good border state series.

I'd like to see series with a number of SEC teams. And as more players go farther from home than used to be the case, I'd like to see us use scheduling to help land some TX talent: let's arrange series with Texas, A&M, Baylor, and TCU.

UGA would be my preference for a border game, with TN coming in second. I have no desire to play the gamecocks.

Got Auburn next yr, TCU, UCF and Minnesota home-home series are in the early 2020s, Notre will be there occasionally, it would be nice to get some premier teams like UGA on the docket.

Reactions: Archer2
the whole shebang and not just the UNC boards - UGA and UNC are working on arranging a series.

Lots of talent in GA, so a very good border state series.

I'd like to see series with a number of SEC teams. And as more players go farther from home than used to be the case, I'd like to see us use scheduling to help land some TX talent: let's arrange series with Texas, A&M, Baylor, and TCU.

We already have a 2 game series scheduled with TCU in '25 & '26.
Duke also has scheduled a two game series with TCU in '28 and '29.

I would have no desire to annually play a team I haven't beaten in nearly 30 years either ;)
SoCar cannot afford to play UNC very much, even though a UNC-SoCar neutral game in Charlotte would always be huge. Even the average Gamecock fan can figure that out. You got 8 SEC games and Clemson every year. UNC annually would allow you just 2 open games per season.

Of course, the sad reality is that if we did arrange a UNC-SoCar season opener as an annual neutral site game in Charlotte, the two biggest rivalries for your fan base would be the 2 ACC schools. And still most of you would chirp on about how much it is better for SoCar to be in the SEC.

SoCar cannot afford to play UNC very much, even though a UNC-SoCar neutral game in Charlotte would always be huge. Even the average Gamecock fan can figure that out. You got 8 SEC games and Clemson every year. UNC annually would allow you just 2 open games per season.

Of course, the sad reality is that if we did arrange a UNC-SoCar season opener as an annual neutral site game in Charlotte, the two biggest rivalries for your fan base would be the 2 ACC schools. And still most of you would chirp on about how much it is better for SoCar to be in the SEC.

Yeah, I know you guys like to pretend that you're hot shit and we should be honored to have an annual rivalry game against your prestigious university, but you aren't even close to being in our top 2 rivals. You never will be. The majority of our fan base laughs at your football program. We beat teams from North Carolina relentlessly without fail for decades now. You pose no type of threat to be a rival.

Lol. I brought up your basketball program, Women's actually. Don't let that blood-pressure go up. We're not worthy to play you guys. The mighty Gamecocks!

Again, if even one team from the state of North Carolina can finally win a game over our school once in this millennium, then maybe our fan base would start thinking higher of all you North Carolina schools that are mediocre at best at football.

Again, if even one team from the state of North Carolina can finally win a game over our school once in this millennium, then maybe our fan base would start thinking higher of all you North Carolina schools that are mediocre at best at football.

Gotcha. I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you. I've been reading your posts for the last few weeks calling us "tarholes", saying SC is going to kill UNC etc. I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish. Anyway, I don't hold any ill-will towards South Carolina as I've had multiple friends go there including Pharoh Cooper, whom I know very well from his High School days over in my neck of the woods. Good luck to you guys this season, just not next week.

Reactions: Birdiecock
Gotcha. I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you. I've been reading your posts for the last few weeks calling us "tarholes", saying SC is going to kill UNC etc. I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish. Anyway, I don't hold any ill-will towards South Carolina as I've had multiple friends go there including Pharoh Cooper, whom I know very well from his High School days over in my neck of the woods. Good luck to you guys this season, just not next week.

Interesting, I specifically decided not to use the term “tarholes” around here because I didn’t want to come across as a troll that nobody will want to listen to. Can you find me any post I made where I called you all “tarholes”, much less multiple times like you claim? I think you’re just saying that because it makes me look bad, but you never actually read that anywhere.

Good luck to your team next week as well. Hoping for an injury-free, good contest.

I'm not so sure I like this idea of a series with UGA. Where we are now, there's nothing to lose, however if Mack brings us back to a top 20 annually, with a top 10, every 3-4 years (I know time isn't on his side), it could be a game we don't need on our schedule. With the way the playoff system is now, and likely to expand, I'd rather see us play a game versus a second tier p5 school and get a win than a loss, even if only by a point, on a hail mary. There's enough competition in the ACC, that you can sneak into the NC playoff without a big ooc win against a squad like UGA. It's definitely high risk, high reward, when Mack gets the program back to a high level. I can see the other side of the recruiting coin on this series too. The next Tarboro Todd may be getting recruited by both schools, and get to see a power running game like UGA brings, and head right to Athens. Of course UGA will be all for it, they have no respect at all for UNC football.

Interesting, I specifically decided not to use the term “tarholes” around here because I didn’t want to come across as a troll that nobody will want to listen to. Can you find me any post I made where I called you all “tarholes”, much less multiple times like you claim? I think you’re just saying that because it makes me look bad, but you never actually read that anywhere.

Good luck to your team next week as well. Hoping for an injury-free, good contest.

OMG, to funny! So, you debated (was that DE or Mas :) with yourself if you should use that term here, I have a small clue for you, you did not use that term here because you knew doing so would have you banned in a split second.

Now it must be terrible humbling to know you are second fiddle in your own state and get owned by an ACC program, Clemson. Yeah, your cock squats may have an advantage over us for now in football but even you know, that things are changing around UNC football and the guy that took us to top 10 territory is building us back to that level once more so you will not even be able to smack talk us very soon. And man, don't mention men's basketball, you are not worthy to even discuss that sport.

So creep on back to your also ran status in SEC football, you get us now while we are still in transition, enjoy that for now, not gonna be long before you may want to consider smack talking Wake or NC State, actually, you cocks match up real well with NC State cause...THEY CHEAT TO! LOL

Yeah, I know you guys like to pretend that you're hot shit and we should be honored to have an annual rivalry game against your prestigious university, but you aren't even close to being in our top 2 rivals. You never will be. The majority of our fan base laughs at your football program. We beat teams from North Carolina relentlessly without fail for decades now. You pose no type of threat to be a rival.
In this, the average SoCar fan is like a large number of Penn St fans in being unwilling to acknowledge that nobody in their league really cares about them as a heated rival.

UGA does not, and never will, have a burning passion to beat SoCar, and that is border state. SoCar is an after thought to everybody in the SEC - you are just there. Nobody in the SEC sees SoCar as a halfway meaningful rival. And nobody in the SEC ever will.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT