ADVERTISEMENT

PGA @ Valhalla

I'm definitely not an ACAB person and have quite a few friends in law enforcement. But, I will say that sometimes in crash scenes, etc... they can be confusing with their directives and even conflict with what others are telling you. I imagine with all the flashing lights and the fact that it was 5:00 a.m., it was a bit of a chaotic situation.

Many of you follow the PGA much closer than me, but I always thought Schefffler seemed to be a pretty likeable guy (having watched the Netflix series) and not the type to try to do something like that intentionally?

I'm definitely not an ACAB person and have quite a few friends in law enforcement. But, I will say that sometimes in crash scenes, etc... they can be confusing with their directives and even conflict with what others are telling you. I imagine with all the flashing lights and the fact that it was 5:00 a.m., it was a bit of a chaotic situation.

Many of you follow the PGA much closer than me, but I always thought Schefffler seemed to be a pretty likeable guy (having watched the Netflix series) and not the type to try to do something like that intentionally?
lol, I'm not even much at all aware of this Scheffler situation. I just want to know how you dug up that 'ACAB' expression, which I had to Google. Today the interwebs were useful. TIL what ACAB means.

Reactions: gteeitup

definitely likeable and not even close to the guy i would’ve expected to be this person even from the tour…lol many more names i could’ve come with just in golf.

because there was a death i’m sure it was an extremely sensitive and chaotic scene…but the charge of 2nd degree assault on a police officer seems a bit much…i’m thinking reckless driving sticks.

i’m thinking reckless driving sticks.
the officer was allegedly drug to the ground with a vehicle and slightly injured by a man (Scheffler) refusing to obey direct orders. That would put most people in decently hot water. I think you're right though, because he's a celeb. They have to charge him with something to make it NOT seem like they're letting someone off because of his celebrity and C&R is a perfect one in this case because it is just serious enough to suit the appearances purpose while not being very punitive at all. That's the way it normally goes down.

the officer was allegedly drug to the ground with a vehicle and slightly injured by a man (Scheffler) refusing to obey direct orders. That would put most people in decently hot water. I think you're right though, because he's a celeb. They have to charge him with something to make it NOT seem like they're letting someone off because of his celebrity and C&R is a perfect one in this case because it is just serious enough to suit the appearances purpose while not being very punitive at all. That's the way it normally goes down.

Obviously none of us were there but from what I read, witnesses were saying that the officer “attached himself to the side of the vehicle” while it was still moving and he stopped pretty quickly. Doesn’t sound like he tried to tear off. I’m guessing a good criminal defense attorney will pick those charges apart and have this thing reduced to a relatively minor traffic violation in no time.

Obviously none of us were there but from what I read, witnesses were saying that the officer “attached himself to the side of the vehicle” while it was still moving and he stopped pretty quickly. Doesn’t sound like he tried to tear off. I’m guessing a good criminal defense attorney will pick those charges apart and have this thing reduced to a relatively minor traffic violation in no time.
I'm going with he pleads guilty to careless and reckless against your he goes to court and gets it all dismissed. The fate of humanity, not to mention my 'top three' chances, hangs in the balance. Interesting little game I think. How about keeping track of it, I'm too tired.

that’s exactly what i read.

also, the officer in the car that took him to jail was “calming” and help him sort through what had just happened per scheffler…also of note, the officers in jail were making jokes about the situation.

Reactions: Heelicious
I'm going with he pleads guilty to careless and reckless against your he goes to court and gets it all dismissed. The fate of humanity, not to mention my 'top three' chances, hangs in the balance. Interesting little game I think. How about keeping track of it, I'm too tired.

I meant that I expect them to be reduced to something minor through a plea agreement. I'd be surprised if he personally sets foot in a court room again.

Obviously people should obey traffic instructions from LEOs. But I'll also say that anybody trying to use their body to stop a vehicle is pretty stupid, regardless of whether or not they have a badge and a gun. Just stay clear of the damn vehicle and run them down or call in the plates if necessary.

scheffler being detained by police outside of the club is not something i expected today haha.

wonder if he hit him with the “do you know who i am??”
He gets arrested and carted off to jail, booked and processed and released, and then returns to the course in time for his scheduled tee time and shoots 5-under. What a morning!

Soft greens making it shooting ducks in a barrel for these guys. Someone’s gonna be twenty under. Well except tiger. It’s so weird to see someone who was number one for so long look like an amateur out there.

Soft greens making it shooting ducks in a barrel for these guys. Someone’s gonna be twenty under. Well except tiger. It’s so weird to see someone who was number one for so long look like an amateur out there.
some talking head was also talking about the grass…it’s zoysia and until i heard him say it i didn’t think about it…the ball doesn’t bury in zoysia…not only are the greens soft, but they can fly it to these hole locations from the rough without hesitation because the lie is okay and it will spin.

unless of course if you get mud on the ball then it could go right or left like yesterday.

some talking head was also talking about the grass…it’s zoysia and until i heard him say it i didn’t think about it…the ball doesn’t bury in zoysia…not only are the greens soft, but they can fly it to these hole locations from the rough without hesitation because the lie is okay and it will spin.

unless of course if you get mud on the ball then it could go right or left like yesterday.
this is why the PGA doesn't excite me all that much. The U.S. Open (USGA) makes it challenging for the players so that duffers like me can say 'ha, that's what happens to me'.. To me, the PGA is generally just another tournament that reminds me of how much I suck at golf..

this is why the PGA doesn't excite me all that much. The U.S. Open (USGA) makes it challenging for the players so that duffers like me can say 'ha, that's what happens to me'.. To me, the PGA is generally just another tournament that reminds me of how much I suck at golf..
i get your point…my favorite tournament is and has always been the us open…it’s at pinehurst this year, so that’s cool.

the pga was at the end year before a couple of years ago and was just seen as the 4th major…now it’s perfect as the 2nd in line and is trying like hell to go places where the us open just can’t, which i appreciate…it also has the best field of any event, so there’s that.

i did some digging…the primary until the four inch rough is zoysia, the deep s is kentucky blue…ball sits up like a boss.

Reactions: bluetoe
The PGA Championship is easily the worst major and it’s debatable that it’s more interesting than the TPC Sawgrass.

But I’m glad that Xander won. He’s paid dues. Well deserved.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT