on ACC Huddle

Roddy Jones - Clemson and FSU

Mark Richt - Ceklmson and FSU

Eric Manuel - wimped out with I Don't Know U

How ACC teams they think will be bowl eligible

Jones - 9, maybe just 8

Richt - 10

Manuel - 7, because he thinks the OOC slate is very tough for these ACC teams

It’ll be Clemson/FSU. ACC is so weak I don’t see anybody having a shot at either

It’ll be Clemson/FSU. ACC is so weak I don’t see anybody having a shot at either
And that is what is so sad. There is no excuse for UNC being this mediocre - it is all about bad coaching hires, including Mack. Maimi really screwed itself hitting dumb as dirt Randy Shannon and hasn't recovered. Beamer hung one too long. and took VT too far into mediocrity. Petrine basically stopped recruiting his last 2 years at Louisville and the program is just now about to restock fully.

And the simple truth is that the 3 northern schools all have major handicaps because they are not in the South.

ACC football is one giant mediocre mess. And as was inevitable because football is KING, now even SEC basketball is better than ACC basketball.

And that is what is so sad. There is no excuse for UNC being this mediocre - it is all about bad coaching hires, including Mack. Maimi really screwed itself hitting dumb as dirt Randy Shannon and hasn't recovered. Beamer hung one too long. and took VT too far into mediocrity. Petrine basically stopped recruiting his last 2 years at Louisville and the program is just now about to restock fully.

And the simple truth is that the 3 northern schools all have major handicaps because they are not in the South.

ACC football is one giant mediocre mess. And as was inevitable because football is KING, now even SEC basketball is better than ACC basketball.
I need to see some Final Fours/titles from the SEC in basketball before I make that statement. Last time a SEC school made the title game was 2014. 4(!) ACC teams have won titles since 2014.

I need to see some Final Fours/titles from the SEC in basketball before I make that statement. Last time a SEC school made the title game was 2014. 4(!) ACC teams have won titles since 2014.
Historically I agree with you, but the SEC has been just as good as the ACC the last couple of years. The ACC hasn't been the ACC for a while. Both bigs have passed the ACC as far as recent success.

Historically I agree with you, but the SEC has been just as good as the ACC the last couple of years. The ACC hasn't been the ACC for a while. Both bigs have passed the ACC as far as recent success.
Top to bottom, you're right they haven't been the ACC of old. But they're still getting teams in the FInal Four and in the title game, which is what matters. ACC has had 3 different teams in the Final Four the last 3 tournaments. 0 Final Fours from the big dog in the SEC (Kentucky) since 2015. Still crazy to think about but Duke, L'Ville, UNC, UVA and Syracuse have all been in Final Fours since 2014 from the ACC. Looks like the ACC is on track to having 7 teams in compared to 6 for the SEC. We'll see if Bama and Tenn can take advantage of a wide-open field this year.

Top to bottom, you're right they haven't been the ACC of old. But they're still getting teams in the FInal Four and in the title game, which is what matters. ACC has had 3 different teams in the Final Four the last 3 tournaments. 0 Final Fours from the big dog in the SEC (Kentucky) since 2015. Still crazy to think about but Duke, L'Ville, UNC, UVA and Syracuse have all been in Final Fours since 2014 from the ACC. Looks like the ACC is on track to having 7 teams in compared to 6 for the SEC. We'll see if Bama and Tenn can take advantage of a wide-open field this year.
Kentucky being down and the SEC still has a pair of teams that deserve Top 5 ranking? That screams about SEC basketball depth. That is a new thing.

Kentucky being down and the SEC still has a pair of teams that deserve Top 5 ranking? That screams about SEC basketball depth. That is a new thing.
Rankings are awesome during the regular season but what you do in March/April is what matters, no? The ACC had 2 teams in the Final Four just last tournament -- let's see if the SEC can make a run and win the tournament for the first time since 2014.

Rankings are awesome during the regular season but what you do in March/April is what matters, no? The ACC had 2 teams in the Final Four just last tournament -- let's see if the SEC can make a run and win the tournament for the first time since 2014.
No, that is not all that matters. The money for basketball that is party of TV deals is based on how many TV viewers each league gets consistently for its regular season games. SEC basketball watching always correlates with the league having a number of competitive teams other than UK. It is possible that SEC basketball will soon surprise ACC basketball in total TV viewers, as well as depth of faulty. And then SEC football money and power will keep that status fixed.

No, that is not all that matters. The money for basketball that is party of TV deals is based on how many TV viewers each league gets consistently for its regular season games. SEC basketball watching always correlates with the league having a number of competitive teams other than UK. It is possible that SEC basketball will soon surprise ACC basketball in total TV viewers, as well as depth of faulty. And then SEC football money and power will keep that status fixed.
I'm not talking about money. You said that right now, SEC basketball is better than ACC basketball and I pointed out that the SEC needs to put some teams in the Final Four/Title game before I could agree with that claim. TV deals and viewership is an entirely different conversation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT