ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Do You Think We Are Done - Or Will We Add Another Player?

Will we add another player, or are we done?

• Total voters

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
This is a cut and paste from another thread. It's hard to see how we'll find starter minutes for a Manek Replacement.

Here's a crude stab at allocating PT early next season.

An effort was made to cut minutes for our iron men, and to give everybody a few minutes. But as you can see, that's not so easy to do. There are a few people who I think ought to get more minutes - but where do they come from?

PlayerPGSGSFPFCTotalLast Year
RJ30--------3033.9
Caleb--30------3034.2
Trimble105------15--
D'Marco--5------54.1
Leaky----1411--2529.7
Puff----129--2110.4
Dontrez----92--115.8
Justin----25297.0
Nickel----3----3--
Washington------13619--
Armando--------282831.6
Shafer--------44--
Totals4040404040200

If I knew for sure that Washington would be healthy and ready to go as a freshman, I wouldn't care about adding another player. If Washington can give us 20+ minutes of quality starter-level play, I feel confident we have enough other guys ready to step up to round out the PT. But I'm not sure we have enough guys ready to step up if Washington needs a year.

I feel great about the team as it is currently constructed so I'm fine if we don't add. I do think Bacot needs a Big body to back him up. I don't see a real need for another stretch 4 though. That being said, you always take talent like Mayer or Buzelis if they are interested!

Do need a big body to give Bacot a rest around TV timeouts. And Bacot tends to get in foul trouble as he can sometimes commit silly fouls 20 feet from the basket. But they also need a dead eye shooter. Just the threat of Manek being able to drain a three at any moment opened things up for everybody else. Must have that extra offensive threat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT