ADVERTISEMENT

Post in this thread if you have ever seen a single episode of...

TarHeelMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Part of Heaven
Broadchurch
Luther
Sherlock
Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Derek
Alpha House

Or any other good series that you like...
I've watched all of the above, and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Broadchurch
Luther
Sherlock
Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Derek
Alpha House

Or any other good series that you like...
I've watched all of the above, and thoroughly enjoyed them.
Mark, I've seen Broadchurch, Sherlock, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific, but none of the others. A couple more worth mentioning are The Fall, John Adams, From the Earth to the Moon, and, of course, there are others mentioned in the other thread.

Broadchurch is awesome. It is right up there with True Detective for me. I absolutely love it. I just started the second season but can't watch it on the computer so it is slow going. Any show I can't watch on the computer lags for me. I can't recommend Broadchurch enough though. I haven't seen any of the others though.

One old show I loved was Jericho. I love Morgan from The Walking Dead simply because I thought Lennie Jones was simply fantastic in Jericho.

Watched all of BoB and the Pacific . . rewetted a lot of the Pacific back on Veterans Day 2014.

Breakin' the rules to tell you I haven't seen a single episode of any of these shows, either.

I have only heard about 2 of them. And yeah, never seen an episode of any of them.

But just for the record, I have indeed followed series before. But they've always been HBO programming. I like the Sunday night at 9:00 pm thing. That usually works out for my schedule. And so, I've followed the the below shows closely.

Boardwalk Empire - loved it. I usually like anything with Steve Buscemi. I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Saw all of them.

True Detective - I was excited about it and it was super creepy at times and for the most part, entertaining. But I was left wanting more from it. I can't really put my finger on it, but there was something missing.

The Leftovers - watched them all...and was clueless at the end. Disappointing.

That's really it recently. Of course I've been loving HBO shows for years. Dramas like Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Oz, and Deadwood were favorites. But the comedies are so great - Flight of The Concords, Eastbound and Down, Entourage, Arliss, The Larry Sanders Show, 1st and Ten, and Dream On were favs. I even loved Fraggle Rock and Braingames when I was a kid. Oh, and Video Jukebox too.

Broadchurch is awesome. It is right up there with True Detective for me. I absolutely love it. I just started the second season but can't watch it on the computer so it is slow going. Any show I can't watch on the computer lags for me. I can't recommend Broadchurch enough though. I haven't seen any of the others though.

One old show I loved was Jericho. I love Morgan from The Walking Dead simply because I thought Lennie Jones was simply fantastic in Jericho.

Agreed on Broadchurch. It's an excellent show. I just finished watching season 2 (DVR'd it from BBC America, so I didn't have to deal with lag fortunately). I've heard that a third season has been approved. Fox remade an American version of the show and called it Gracepoint. It starred David Tennant as well (however with an American accent), but it was nowhere near as good.

not really a rule anyway... just sort of a suggestion ;)

PirateCode.jpg

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Broadchurch: My dad watched it, I need to watch it
Luther: Haven't yet, want to. Idris Elba is great, particularly in The Wire, so I'm sure I'd like this one.
Sherlock: Watched all of it, really awesome show.
Band of Brothers: Watched it, just a straight up awesome mini-series.
The Pacific: Same as BoB
Derek: Haven't watched this yet. Only Ricky Gervais show I've watched is the original Office, which is very funny if you haven't checked it out yet. I preferred the US version (I watched that first) but it's pretty great.
Alpha House: I haven't watched this or any of the Amazon originals yet, but I've heard solid things.

I have only heard about 2 of them. And yeah, never seen an episode of any of them.

But just for the record, I have indeed followed series before. But they've always been HBO programming. I like the Sunday night at 9:00 pm thing. That usually works out for my schedule. And so, I've followed the the below shows closely.

Boardwalk Empire - loved it. I usually like anything with Steve Buscemi. I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Saw all of them.

True Detective - I was excited about it and it was super creepy at times and for the most part, entertaining. But I was left wanting more from it. I can't really put my finger on it, but there was something missing.

The Leftovers - watched them all...and was clueless at the end. Disappointing.

That's really it recently. Of course I've been loving HBO shows for years. Dramas like Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Oz, and Deadwood were favorites. But the comedies are so great - Flight of The Concords, Eastbound and Down, Entourage, Arliss, The Larry Sanders Show, 1st and Ten, and Dream On were favs. I even loved Fraggle Rock and Braingames when I was a kid. Oh, and Video Jukebox too.
I'm a huge HBO fan as well. Of those listed, I've watched all of True Detective, Sopranos, Deadwood, Flight of the Conchords, and Eastbound & Down. I've seen a couple of Entourage episodes, but I haven't watched it all. Other HBO shows that I've seen all of would be Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Veep, Silicon Valley, Bored to Death, Lucky Louie, and most recently, The Wire, which is among my all-time greatest shows ever made.

I thought True Detective was outstanding. I liked The Leftovers. I don't think it is over, right? I think that was just the first season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT