ADVERTISEMENT

Progress energy bill

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
so most everyone is lamenting their latest power bills since they involve the cold snap. But mine had a nice surprise. A $560 mistake to my good on their part. Its not a math or reading error. It has my current bill amount and carries over the balance from the previous one. But it inexclibably in the total line has a $200 credit instead of a $360 total for both months. Sure enough when i call they say i have a credit. Havent made a payment since previous bill and all payments are posted correctly. There are no other payments posted either as if they incorrectly applied someone else’s payment to my account. So wont be making a payment this month or next i guess if this holds. Bizarre.

We do budget billing out here. I pay $250 per month/every month for electricity, water, sewer and garbage pick up. I heat with wood pellets, that helps.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
so most everyone is lamenting their latest power bills since they involve the cold snap. But mine had a nice surprise. A $560 mistake to my good on their part. Its not a math or reading error. It has my current bill amount and carries over the balance from the previous one. But it inexclibably in the total line has a $200 credit instead of a $360 total for both months. Sure enough when i call they say i have a credit. Havent made a payment since previous bill and all payments are posted correctly. There are no other payments posted either as if they incorrectly applied someone else’s payment to my account. So wont be making a payment this month or next i guess if this holds. Bizarre.
Bring on the blizzard!

Reactions: heelmanwilm
That’s a pretty good deal.
It is. It gets very cold here. And hot as hell as well. I don't have a huge house(about 2000 sq. ft.) and the pellet stove does a pretty good job. I add some corn when it gets in the single digits and sub 0 temps. I spend about $350 per year on pellets.

It is. It gets very cold here. And hot as hell as well. I don't have a huge house(about 2000 sq. ft.) and the pellet stove does a pretty good job. I add some corn when it gets in the single digits and sub 0 temps. I spend about $350 per year on pellets.

Those pellet stoves are the bomb. My buddy has one and when he gets that thing cranking, it’ll run you out of the house. He frequently has to open the windows a bit in the winter when he’s burning it.

Reactions: nctransplant
I don't have a huge house(about 2000 sq. ft.)
tenor.gif

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT