ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterback prediction

And hopefully he doesn't have to run for his life.

Yeah I’m legitimately worried about him making it through next year. He’s got pretty much the opposite build of Sam, and it was a miracle that Sam made it through his time here without a major injury. Tall lanky guys are always going to be just a little more likely to get a lower leg or arm tangled up.

I just hope Longo opens up the playbook for him sooner than he did with Sam.
A full year on campus means Maye has had much more time learning the offense than Howell had before his first start. We need the passing game clicking on opening day. We need multiple receivers making catches out of multiple plays - from day 1.

And hopefully he doesn't have to run for his life.
If Searels were back, I would be strongly pessimistic about seeing improved OL play. Right now, I am optimistic that improvement is coming. I just hope we have it very early in the season.

Hope he wins it outright and deserves it rather than just handing it to him because of the obvious unc ties. I just want the best player under center regardless of who it is. Either way someone is transferring out I would say.

Hope he wins it outright and deserves it rather than just handing it to him because of the obvious unc ties. I just want the best player under center regardless of who it is. Either way someone is transferring out I would say.
Probably, unless Criswell is open to changing positions. If you know the look, the build, and the fluid movement of classic RBs, you will see it in Criswell. He has good balance with low center of gravity, as well as power from the thighs. As an RB he would be hard to tackle because of his size, balance, and strength, and he has enough burst of speed to be able to break away for long gains.

Criswell has potential to run as well as Marquis Williams did, and he also should be a better, more consistent passer than Williams was, certainly at every stage of Williams career. But Maye arrived only 1 year after Criswell, and Maye has even more potential than Trubisky did.

mack brown has played two QBs in the past, and i suspect he will this year. he has proven it can work very well if done right. both QBs must have an unselfish team-first mentality and be good enough that they don't need a whole game to get in a rhythm. dual QBs is especially advantageous if they have different strengths and playing styles making it harder for opponents to prepare for us. another advantage is insurance against injury.

If Mack plays two QB’s I’m guessing it will only be in short yardage and goal line situations where Criswell comes in to run the read option.

Look. "Keeping It Heel," whoever that is, is apparently just piggybacking on Farrell's tweet, or whatever it was. Farrell really doesn't know anything, in my opinion, but kind of hedging his bets under the guise of a prediction or whatever.... Drake is not a bad bet, and I think is uber-talented. But the tea leaves are far from being settled. Mack most likely won't name a starter until right before the FAMU game. Or he might announce that both QBs will play in that game.

I'm high on Drake too. But also on Jacolby, and on the freshman, Harrell, for that matter. Jacolby goes back a long way with Longo, and all this is a win-win situation. But anybody declaring with any degree of certainty that this QB battle is anywhere close to being decided, at this point, is smoking some speculative weed. Mack didn't announce Sam until right before game 1.

Look. "Keeping It Heel," whoever that is, is apparently just piggybacking on Farrell's tweet, or whatever it was. Farrell really doesn't know anything, in my opinion, but kind of hedging his bets under the guise of a prediction or whatever.... Drake is not a bad bet, and I think is uber-talented. But the tea leaves are far from being settled. Mack most likely won't name a starter until right before the FAMU game. Or he might announce that both QBs will play in that game.

I'm high on Drake too. But also on Jacolby, and on the freshman, Harrell, for that matter. Jacolby goes back a long way with Longo, and all this is a win-win situation. But anybody declaring with any degree of certainty that this QB battle is anywhere close to being decided, at this point, is smoking some speculative weed. Mack didn't announce Sam until right before game 1.
But in retrospect, it seems rather obvious that he would have known that Howell definitely had the most upside, a good deal more upside, and almost certainly was already better even with no college experience beyond 1 Spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT